The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. samson1701

Redwing should be kind of like Sam’s R2D2 going forward. That would be a great dynamic to add to Sam’s character.

3. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Here's every MCU Phase 4 release date currently on the schedule, including new dates for Ant-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy. (Note: the sequel to Captain Marvel is titled The Marvels.)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. SilverSmith

Marvel Celebrates The Movies
    [The Eternals sneak peek is @ 2:20]

5. samson1701

I don’t know how many of you remember M.A.N.T.I.S. on FOX. He was the first black superhero to have his own TV show. The pilot movie was dope af for the time. But, when they brought it back for a series they ruined it by white washing it.

It was good Carl Lumbly is getting some love as the first black superhero. TFATWS kind of seemed like a book end to what happened with that character (M.A.N.T.I.S.).

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/carl-lumbly-falcon-winter-soldier-marvel_n_607df149e4b063a636fad5ea

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  6. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Wakanda Forever. Appropriate title for the next installment. I noticed they didn't put Blade's release date up there.

7. darkcurry

Ahh, M.A.N.T.I.S.

That's history right there. I loved the role Falcon and The Winter Soldier gave him! Respect right there.

8. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

That's because they never said a Blade movie was coming in this phase. Just that Blade was now part of the MCU and a movie with Maheshala Ali assuming the role was forthcoming.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. darkcurry

Thanks. I thought they were just releasing upcoming Marvel flicks, shows and info though in that preview.

10. SilverSmith

Marvel Releases New 'Special Look' Teaser Ahead of Series' Premiere

11. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I remember me and my brothers being really excited to watch M.A.N.T.I.S. How could young black nerds of the 90s not get jazzed to see a black superhero on TV. Unfortunately, it became a glaring example of the studio's lack of confidence in black-led productions. The drop-off in quality of the show was steep as a cliff.

12. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Just by looking at the slate of movies on their current list, phase 4 seems to be a setup for the really big projects in phase 5 I'm talking Fantastic 4, Blade, and of course X-Men.

13. samson1701

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I forgot about this one lol. This is PERFECT

15. SilverSmith

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. SilverSmith

The Falcon and The Winter Soldier Was Watched More Than Any Netflix, Prime Video Series in April

There wasn’t any original series Netflix or other leading streaming service launched in April that could match the audience levels on Disney+ for “The Falcon and the Winter Soldier,” even though it debuted back on March 19.

That’s according to connected-TV and TV analytics provider TVision, which provided data exclusively to Variety Intelligence Platform showing that “FAWS” was the most viewed series of April 2021 across measured platforms. Disney announced “FAWS” was Disney+’s biggest-ever series premiere in late March.

“FAWS” was viewed by TVision panel members nearly 40 times as much as the average TV series the analytics firm measured in April. That suggests the new Marvel series last month grabbed a bigger audience than anticipated April-debuting Netflix and Amazon titles including “Dad Stop Embarrassing Me” and “Them,” respectively.

[​IMG]

Complete article:
    https://bit.ly/3h5gciA

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. darkcurry

lol. Spot on.

18. SilverSmith

Stranger Things 4 Teaser: "Eleven, are you listening?"

19. darkcurry

This kind of makes me want to see a spin-off prequel about Eleven.

20. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member