The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Well duh. It was either a second season of the show or a movie to touch on some of the seeds planted & plot lines left open. Also some things can play out elsewhere in other series or movies before circling back to the Cap movie.

2. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Just watched the season finale of Falcon and The Winter Soldier It was good but it felt a little uneven. Overall the series was done pretty well, I'm glad Marvel decided to lean into the social/racial stuff instead of pretending they didn't exist.

I was a bit disappointed that the power broker was just Sharon Carter all along, I was kind of hoping we'd see a "cool" villain make a cameo as the person behind the scenes. I'm also not clear as to when exactly The Winter Soldier became an Avenger, because John Walker called him an Avenger and the security guards let him pass like he was a man with authority and clearance. It's pretty clear with the introduction of Isiah Bradley and his grandson to the MCU that Young Avengers is just around the corner.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I think Bucky and everyone involved with battling Thanos are viewed as Avengers by the world at large whether they were officially a member or not. Goes along with how & why he got pardoned for his crimes as the brainwashed Winter Soldier.

4. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  5. SilverSmith

In the 1570s, a 6-foot-tall Black man referred to as Yasuke arrived in Japan, quickly drawing the attention of legendary leader Oda Nobunaga. The two became friends, and as the story goes—actual historical records about Yasuke are hard to come by—Yasuke somehow rose to the rank of samurai within a year, and became a loyal warrior at Nobunaga’s side.

• Like Like x 3
    • List
  6. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Been looking forward to this one. Was really interested in the Chadwick Boseman film too.

7. SilverSmith

Marvel Studios has released a new poster featuring Sam Wilson (Anthony Mackie) as Captain America in the Disney+ series The Falcon and The Winter Soldier.

[​IMG]

8. SilverSmith

In The Tomorrow War, the world is stunned when a group of time travelers arrives from the year 2051 to deliver an urgent message: Thirty years in the future mankind is losing a global war against an alien species.

9. SilverSmith

10. SilverSmith

Sweet Tooth:
    On a perilous adventure across a post-apocalyptic world, a boy who's half-human and half-deer searches for a new beginning with a gruff protector. Based on the DC Comic series.

11. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

12. SilverSmith

This just in:

[​IMG]

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

14. SilverSmith

New Army of the Dead Character Posters:

Dave Bautista as Scott
    Matthias Schweighöfer as Ludwig

[​IMG]

Ana de la Reguera as Cruz
    Omari Hardwick as Vanderohe

[​IMG]

Raúl Castillo as Mikey
    Samantha Win as Chambers

[​IMG]

Theo Rossi as Burt
    Huma Qureshi as Geeta

[​IMG]

Tig Notaro as Marianne
    Nora Arnezeder as Lily

[​IMG]

Richard Cetrone as Zeus
    Ella Purnell as Kate

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Super Cool posters!

16. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Please, put a version of this scene in the MCU. Please. Just, please. 1EA4F237-361F-49CA-8861-878AB21405BD.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I just watched the entire first season of Invincible on Amazon Prime, and Woah, that show is gratuitous. I was already a little familiar with the comic book series it's based on, but there is just something so different about seeing bright red blood and gore in an animated setting.

Now that there will be more, I wonder if the really weird and disturbing stuff from the comics will make it into the show? I'm talking rape, cannibalism, the buttload of betrayals, and hero deaths.

18. samson1701

I know nothing of the comics. But, I guarantee they won't have any rapes on the show. That would piss off wrong crowd. ...lol

19. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The weird thing is that the perpetrator is a woman and the victim is the main character, and she gets pregnant with his baby. It’s really messed up.

20. samson1701

Oh, well, they'll put it in then, for sure.