The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

2. samson1701

3. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Today we have a new trailer for DOOM Eternal: The Ancient Gods – Part Two.
    The second and final campaign expansion for DOOM Eternal is available now.

4. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

5. SilverSmith

Marvel's Avengers - Black Panther Reveal Trailer

Black Panther and the War for Wakanda are coming to Marvel's Avengers along with Klaw, the Wakandan Jungle Biome, and new adversaries.

6. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I don't know of many black-owned animations/comic studios in the U.S. so seeing one in Japan is interesting

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I think I either read an article somewhere or heard a segment on a podcast about this guy around a year ago or so.

8. samson1701

9. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

One of the things I've chosen to do as a fan is to compartmentalize aspects of the shows/movies and media that I like. So I will do with this the same thing I did when they did this to Iceman (X-Men), Korra (TLOK), Aqualad (Young Justice), and Sulu (Star Trek) I'll ignore it.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

LOL, Disney is on a roll this week:

https://twitter.com/EricDJuly/status/1371559782088372225
    [​IMG]
    https://www.gamesradar.com/marvels-newest-captain-america-is-an-lgbtq-activist/

11. SilverSmith

The "gay Captain America" is a wholly irrelevant creation.

Marvel will not replace Steve Rogers with a gay teen role-playing as Captain America and fighting to save his fellow runaways. I agree that Marvel is pandering to the LGBTQ community; however, the usual edgelords are exploiting the press release to boost their Youtube views and subscribers.

12. samson1701

None of this would bother me if they weren’t trying to piggy back gay acceptance on the backs of black male heroes. Make Han and Luke queer. Then, it wouldn’t bother me if Lando was that way.

It’s like they said, “Black guys are thee most masculine. So, if we can make it acceptable for their characters to be gay, then it will be easier for the rest of us.”

Just another instance of everyone else telling Black men what they should do or how they should be.

13. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Before there were a disproportionate amount of queer black men in Hollywood productions, there were "straight" men in dresses and before that black men were non-sexual entities (tokens and magic negroes). Emasculating black men is one of the favorite things for Hollywood to do.

As for the queer/gay thing, I've never had an issue with gay or queer characters in media, my issue has always been about "surprise gayness" or retroactively turning straight characters gay in order to pander to people.

14. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Where did you hear that at? I never heard that before.

15. samson1701

That’s just me thinking out loud. I’ve never heard anyone say that. It just seems like that’s what they’re saying or thinking.

Now, about this here Snyder Cut? Bro, the Snyder Cut ain’t no Joke. WB fucked up by not releasing this. It’s not great. But, it is definitely good.

Some of the CGI needed work and it could have had better dialogue. But, as a whole, this shit was dope. And, Whedon butchered Cyborg and Flash in his version.

Cyborg is literally the heart of the film. And, Flash is much more heroic and competent in Snyder’s version.

This really could’ve been something special if corporate hadn’t have tried to turn it into The Avengers 2.0.

16. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

You don't have to hear it for it to be evident af.
    Black men rarely if ever have romantic scenes with heterosexual women. Honestly we can say that about all non white dudes.

17. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

It's a dumb strategy. It won't grow the audience base at all. If anything the core group that made him popular and profitable will move on

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

You mean the angry, damaged, entitled & majority white male incels? That's the whole point. EVERYTHING is always centered around them. Just because there are some non white dudes who fall into that category doesn't mean their asses are going to get pandered to for riding & supporting their status quo forever white brethren.

19. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter. They are not doing it in the Movies or Streaming Shows. Comics are not about making money right now really its all for mining characters and ideas while also maintaining ip and copyright rights. They know what the old guard wants now its about experimenting to expand the demos.

20. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

No I thought It was an actual quote from somebody. lol.