The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War.

A direct sequel to the original, fan-favorite Black Ops, and set in the early 1980s, Black Ops Cold War drops players into the depth of the Cold War’s volatile geopolitical universe.

In addition to the story campaign, the new game will bring an arsenal of Cold War weapons and equipment into the next generation of Black Ops Multiplayer combat, and an all-new co-operative game play experience with Zombies.

2. SilverSmith

Netflix Announces Resident Evil Series

As per Netflix, the Resident Evil series will operate on two timelines. “In the first timeline, fourteen-year-old sisters Jade and Billie Wesker are moved to New Raccoon City. A manufactured, corporate town, forced on them right as adolescence is in full swing. But the more time they spend there, the more they come to realize that the town is more than it seems and their father may be concealing dark secrets. Secrets that could destroy the world.”

The second timeline has a serious time jump, 16 years into the future and with a whole lot more zombies on the scene. “There are less than fifteen million people left on Earth,” reads the synopsis of the second timeline. “And more than six billion monsters -- people and animals infected with the T-virus. Jade, now thirty, struggles to survive in this New World, while the secrets from her past - about her sister, her father and herself - continue to haunt her.”

[​IMG]

https://bit.ly/3hzXFZ9

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. SilverSmith

The new Superman: Man of Tomorrow animated movie is available now on digital & Blu-ray.
    I'm planning to watch it later today.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  4. SilverSmith

In 2015, the Mobius chair revealed to Batman that there were three psychopathic Jokers - not one - and they've worked together for years. Hold onto your wigs because the first issue (out now) of this 3-part series is...

5. SilverSmith

6. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

True. The lack of care in developing the plot shows. As if they think fans just need great CGI and action and that will do.

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

They think that way because of the overly vocal section of so called fans who care more about visual spectacle than they do about story arc or character development. Say what you will about the MCU but they at least made the efforts to tell stories & develop the characters with their movies.

8. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Whoever came up with the strategy at Warner Bros needs to be fired, because the MCU way of doing things is superior in every metric.

They make way more money, they are better critically reviewed, their visuals look better, and their stories are told better.

9. SilverSmith

Doom Eternal’s first campaign extension, The Ancient Gods: Part One, puts sinners in the hand of a very angry demon on Oct. 20. id Software and Bethesda Softworks revealed and dated the expansion at Gamescom on Aug. 27.

10. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Except for cartoons. DC for some reason does far better with their animated movies and shows

11. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Because they are OK with an R rating.

12. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Very true, another part of the reason Marvel animation has been so weak compared to WB/DC was that the guys in charge of Marvel television (until recently) were holdovers from the pre-Disney era when they would crank out crappy animated shows to make a few quick bucks because the company was cash-starved.

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

DC's animated features aren't produced to be released for theatrical realease so the corporate heads & studio executives at Warner Brothers don't micromange or try to have a say in everything the way they like to with live action films. That's why the animated & TV side of things tend to be able to have behind the scene folks working on them that respect the source material & characters to put out much better content on that end. Corporate & studio heads will always want to have a say on both behind & in front of camera activities with the movies.

14. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Let me know how it is!

15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Good read. i think I know what the Jokers' ultimate end game is based on things said & done in this first issue...

...turn Batman into what they view from their perspective the ideal incarnation of The Joker.

16. SilverSmith

Special Launch Edition of ‘Marvel’s Avengers’ War Table Premieres September 1

Press release:

Square Enix has announced that the next Marvel’s Avengers War Table digital stream will premiere on September 1 at 10:00am PDT.

The presentation will include numerous world-exclusive reveals, including information that players should know before the game launches on September 4, an in-depth look at the first post-launch story season for the Avengers Initiative, and the unveiling of an additional post-launch playable hero. Fans can watch the launch War Table via the PlayAvengers.com channel.

The Marvel’s Avengers WAR TABLE offers an extensive look at new trailers and information about the upcoming Super Hero game. Previous WAR TABLES have included major reveals, like details on the game’s central villain, MODOK (Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing) and the unveiling of Clint Barton’s Hawkeye, who will be one of the first post-launch heroes added to the game.

[​IMG]

17. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

18. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I'm reading that some fans don't want Black Panther to be recast, I personally think those fans have not thought that through. Black Panther became a beloved character to a lot of people, he is also the only Black male hero in modern comics to get his own movie for this character and franchise to end here would actually hurt the legacy of this character that Chadwick helped bring to life. I don't think it would take away from Chadwick Boseman's career and performance to hand the reigns over to another fine actor, in fact, it would help to cement the character's iconic status. Black Panther would become a legacy that gets passed down like James Bond, Batman, or the Joker.

19. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

They'll push for Shuri to take over. 'Cause, fuck heroic black leading males.

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I think this should have been a secret that came out during the story. Now what will the twist be? I don't get DC comics.