The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

2. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

The first teaser trailer for Shadow Warrior 3. A gameplay trailer, will be revealed at Devolver Direct, the publisher’s digital showcase. Devolver Direct will air on Saturday, July 11 at 12 p.m. PT on Twitch, with more information coming the following week.

3. SilverSmith

Halo 3 is Coming to PC

Halo 3 will be released on PC on July 14th as part of The Master Chief Collection. PC players will be able to buy Halo 3 on the Microsoft Store or through Steam, and it will be available for free as part of Xbox Game Pass for PC subscriptions.

Halo 3 will sit alongside Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, and Halo: Reach on PC, with 343 Industries promising to release Halo 3: ODST and Halo 4 later.

shorturl.at/alvHZ

4. SilverSmith

Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning Will Arrive in September

THQ Nordic has confirmed that Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning is scheduled for release September 8, 2020. The hit RPG will be making its appearance on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One with stunning visuals, refined gameplay, and all-new content.

The adventures in Amalur will continue in 2021 with a brand new expansion: Fatesworn. The publisher reveal more details about the expansion later.

[​IMG]

5. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Netflix has renewed "The Last Kingdom" for a 5th season:

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1280517308205666306
    [​IMG]
    https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/the-last-kingdom-renewed-season-5-netflix-1234699909/

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. SilverSmith

Amazon Studios has released a teaser trailer for Season 2 of The Boys, which finds a nationwide manhunt underway for the team, while Billy Butcher is currently MIA.

7. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

''You start the fire'' will never be the same. lol.

I didn't see that much of A-train and Starlight in this trailer.

• List
  8. SilverSmith

The New Batwoman

Javicia Leslie is the CW's new Batwoman.

The actress, who previously starred in "God Friended Me" on CBS, is set to debut in the iconic role in January 2021.
    Leslie replaces Ruby Rose, who left the show in May after one season in a shocking move.

"I am extremely proud to be the first Black actress to play the iconic role of Batwoman on television, and as a bisexual woman, I am honored to join this groundbreaking show which has been such a trailblazer for the LGBTQ+ community," Leslie said in a statement.

[​IMG]

shorturl.at/lxU06

9. SilverSmith

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina to End

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina has been canceled at Netflix.

Netflix announced today that the series, based on the comic of the same name and starring Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka, will come to a conclusion with its fourth season later this year. All told, the streaming series will end with 36 episodes broken into what it calls four "parts."

Though Netflix doesn't release viewer numbers for its shows, it felt confident enough to renew the series in 2018, the same year it debuted. Critical consensus has also remained relatively high for the supernatural show.

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina will return for its fourth and final season later this year on Netflix.

[​IMG]

shorturl.at/egJZ0

10. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Time flies because I did not know they were already entering their fourth season.

11. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I think they were making two seasons a year. It was weird.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. SilverSmith

Here's the official box art for Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales action-adventure game, coming to PlayStation 5 this holiday season.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • List
  13. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

The show lost me with its over the top hypocrisy and lack of heterosexual black male characters and monoracial black characters as well.
    Then went over the top with the Theo story line getting him on the basketball team because trans people deserve a shot even though it was done by cheating.
    Well glad it's done

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

MCU Science Advisor Pitches Introducing the Fantastic Four via Black Panther

[​IMG]

Theoretical physicist Clifford Johnson, who advises Marvel Studios on the scientific aspect of its world, has an idea for how to bring the Fantastic Four into the Marvel Cinematic Universe: through Black Panther.

"Wakanda and the Fantastic Four should connect at the beginning, and I know how to do it," Johnson said. He told IndieWire he is a fan of the Fantastic Four. He stated, "Reed Richards was taking his team and they were going off into weird higher dimensions and stuff. That's stuff we're trying to understand now in real science, so I would love to have the opportunity to help them make that look great and to weave that into a story."

Using the Black Panther as the bridge also makes sense to Johnson; the character first appeared in Fantastic Four #52 (July 1966). "I think it would be a cool wink to the comics," the physicist said, "And another way to show diversity in science to have the entry point of the Fantastic Four into the Marvel Cinematic Universe happen because the Wakandans discover them in some extra dimension and bring them into the MCU." He added, "If they call me, I'm willing to go to town on that."

Johnson, a professor in the University of Southern California's physics and astronomy department, has consulted on Avengers: Infinity War, Avengers: Endgame and Ms. Marvel for Disney+. The Fantastic Four was licensed to 20th Century Fox, which made three films based on the property. It became available to Marvel Studios after the Walt Disney Company acquired the Fox film and television studios in 2019.

Full IndieWire article:

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/07/movie-science-avengers-palm-springs-1234572211/

16. The Dark King

Outside of no strong black male leads Old Guard was pretty good

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

18. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Boxart is something I'm going to miss this console generation since this pandemic isn't ending anytime soon I'm probably going digital-only for my games, (no more midnight release events) I already went digital for pc games years ago, so it won't be that much of a stretch for console games as well.

19. The Dark King

I did its honestly better since all the damn consoles require you to download the games anyway. One thing I do hate that's gonna make me stop playing is so many of them require you to be online to play even story mode

20. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

What’s wrong with being online?