Game of Thrones & GOT Spinoffs

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Max Mosley, May 26, 2011.

1. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

FB_IMG_1586034832492.jpg

2. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

It's off topic but this statement made me think of those pictures I saw of ma homeboy Kansas City Chief Quarterback Patrick Mahomes II with Gracie Hunt, 22 yr old pageant winner and beloved daughter of the Chiefs team owner :)

I just know Mahomes is tired of the same old same old he has been getting since Algebra II back in high school and he hasn't proposed to his longtime live-in girlfriend yet despite her repeated hints and public campaigning (holding up signs and shit at his games lol).

Getting with Gracie Hunt and getting that monster new K over 200 million could go hand & hand next year . . . keep the wealth in the Lamar Hunt family plus acquire generational wealth the likes of which our people have rarely achieved :)

3. Young Herschel

This statement . . . when considered contemporaneously is just toooooo sad :(

We should as fans of ASOIAF be able to curl up with TWOW during our quarantined weekends by April 2020!!!

I'm still holding GRRM to his latest pledge to have "The Winds of Winter" street by this summer . . . what else has he had to do all last month . . . all this month . . . all next month??? His rich, fat ass has been isolated in Santa Fe, NM for weeks and weeks now and everyone knows it lol.

4. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

5. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

IMG_20200402_062430_979.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

FB_IMG_1586034757467.jpg

7. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

IMG_20200418_070803.jpg

8. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

FB_IMG_1586034798282.jpg

9. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

FB_IMG_1586034875148.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

IMG_20200418_070747.jpg

11. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

IMG_20200418_070655.jpg

12. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

IMG_20200418_070549.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

IMG_20200418_070604.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

IMG_20200418_070859.jpg

15. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

IMG_20200418_070929.jpg

16. Young Herschel

For all the "Game of Thrones" and ASOIAF fans here: the Rogare family from "Fire & Blood" is clearly based on the Medici family of Renaissance Florence, Italy.

I'm recommending the Netflix original series " Medici the Magnificent" as an inspired "Game of Thrones" substitute for your viewing pleasure :)

It has its own classical ambience (seductive instrumental music) with tremendous wardrobes (the very most rich & vibrant colors) and architecture as its shot on location with many of the original settings. With your 4k Hi-Definition TV set to your preferred HDR calibration and Vivid settings you are transported back to that age of discovery and wonder . . . in Dolby Vision if your TV permits.

The main point I want to make is that "Fire & Blood" was a surprisingly good read and it gave details on the Rogare family that were previously unknown . . . here the Medici series by Netflix features several "Game of Thrones" favorites like Richard Madden (Rob Stark), Sean Bean (Ned Stark) and Walter Frey (David Bradley] in prominent roles you will enjoy as well as beautiful women and the struggle for power & influence throughout the Renaissance world by the world's most powerful family and those who despise them. If the series gets enough up votes on Netflix then I'm confident they will greenlight season 4 of "Medici" which would feature the Black Medici family and all the jealousy the first Black monarch in Europe drew from rivals as "the Moor" becomes a favorite of the Holy See (his purported biological father) and rises to become Duke of Penne and Duke of Florence . . . a black monarch with his own wealth, influence and army!! Watch this series and vote up please!!

I need a season 4 from Netflix featuring the birth and rise of Alessandro Medici with all the IR bodice ripping it would surely provide :). How the other men of means hated him lol and how their women (wives, daughters and sisters) of his time adored him!!

Last edited: May 12, 2020
  17. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

18. Young Herschel

ROTFLMAO!!! I'm just beside myself reading this post in mid-May 2020 because I'm remembering how confident and assured I was that TWOW would probably be out by late 2017 - early 2018 if this public proclamation could be cynically accepted . . . and I was fine with 2017 honestly lol . . . even 2018 wasn't outrageous. Remember feeling that way in 2015 when you first heard about this?

19. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure GRRM is the slowest writer to ever exist.

It's actually unconscionable he has taken THIS LONG to get out the last book.

20. Young Herschel

I'm in complete agreement with you. GRRM does what he wants and when he wants to do it. He has 0 integrity as a professional author on this matter. What plausible explanation could he have for this egregious delay . . . when he could simply submit what he has for TWOW to the editors and allow them to take it over and prepare to publish this summer . . . saving the rest & remainder for "A Dream of Spring" to be culminated in its 2023 street date??

So what excuse is there?

I'm glad Netflix has invested so much capital in its original series about the Medici of Renaissance Italy because the orchestral musical score (especially during the opening credits), the classical wardrobe, the lush Italian countryside . . . all of it marvelously portrayed in true 4K High Dynamic Range (HDR).

Its enough to make HBO jealous for its Game of Thrones prequel plus the writing is very ambitious & aggressive (I'm midway thru season 3 - "Medici the Magnificent Part 2" and its only gotten better and better each season). I do hope people here give it a look this week on Netflix and please up vote so they produce seasons 4 and 5. I'm amazed by the striking similar motifs to Game of Thrones but that should come as little surprise since GRRM took much of his source material to real historic events in Europe!

Last edited: May 20, 2020