Upcoming IR slate

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by JamalSpunky, May 11, 2019.

1. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Black Widow

O.T. (O-T) Fagbenle
    Scarlett Johansson

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JamalSpunky

In a bit of a rush so I may take time to add more links later. Also have some other confirmations in other movies in which I will post later as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I love the way he responded to her asking that ridiculous question with some truth... "Everybody needs love".

Feminist has got to a point to now Love is an enemy to them.
    [​IMG]

4. JamalSpunky

That woman wouldn't dare ask that if he was white.

5. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Amazon Prime Video offers a sneak peek of the earlier mentioned anthology series Modern Love, based on the New York Times column and podcast.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
  6. JamalSpunky

Yeah, trailer came out yesterday. The announcement of this pairing though can be found on page one of this thread.

7. darkcurry

Reading a little more on this show; Anne Hatheaway's character is described as about finding love as a person with bipolar disorder.

Also, on IMDB her character is listed as being in only one episode while her love interest Gary Carr is in 5, so it could be a first date they're on in the clips we see in the teaser.

8. JamalSpunky

Never trust IMDB's episodic appearances count months before a series airs. It is flying blind on those fronts.

By the way Hathaway and Carr were part of a panel after their episode was shown exclusively to the media.

9. JamalSpunky

Been slow to update with some new shit I've come across.

Farming

Damson Idris
    Skye Lourie

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This movie made its debut at a film festival last year or early this year. Its finally has gotten a trailer and thus it be confirmed there is an IR at its center.

Story is based on the true life tale of its writer/director Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje. I won't bother with typing out details because the trailer below tells us all we need to know.

10. JamalSpunky

Obsession

Mekhi Phifer
    Elika Portnoy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This came out of nowhere. Its about an "an out-of-work mechanic played by Mekhi Phifer who, after saving an older man (Brad Dourif), begins to falls for his wife (Elika Portnoy Portnoy)

https://deadline.com/2019/07/samuel-goldwyn-acquires-mekhi-phifer-film-obsession-1202658004/

Let me be blunt. There's a lot here that makes me less than intrigued.

1-HATE the title. Its too bland and common; sounds too much like the titles of all those adult-themed movies aimed at black people starring folks like Michael Ealy.

2-Never cared for Phifer. Hated back in the day in which the media was trying to position him as part of the next generation of black leading men. Hell, nah. Didn't have the face for it, too short and when he smiled he could look snake-like creepy at times. Sorry.

3- I never heard of this chick.

11. JamalSpunky

Snowpiercer

Daveed Diggs
    ???

Okay, this is a cheat because the info is incomplete. The trailer below has a quick glimpse of Diggs' character in bed with a white woman. Unfortunately we don't see her face and there are a number of white actresses listed on the IMDB page for this show. I can't tell who it is. But this show is based upon the cult film from a few years back. Its about the remains of human society who are on this great train, trying to survive the elements as the Earth goes into a deep freeze. There are about 3000 people on this train and it looks as if Diggs' character has a bi-racial son. I don't know if the woman with him in the clip is the mother of that son but I'm certain he has a relationship with this lady. As soon as I have time to do some more research I'll update the info if I find something out about her identity.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. darkcurry

I already mentioned this in the 'BM/WW IR Sightings' thread
    https://www.whitewomenblackmen.com/forum/threads/bm-ww-ir-sightings-on-tv.9970/page-226#post-1109370

13. darkcurry

Women loved him. I remember when Honey came out a bunch of girls(mainly white) were flocking to the theatres.

Judging by the trailer alone it looks rushed. Could've had something here with the plot because it reminds me of this true story I believe out of Pittsburgh where a wife was having an affair with a black man on her much older Husband and they plotted his death.

I say could've because again it looks rushed but who knows.

14. darkcurry

Side info:
    Kate Beckinsale helped get it made

15. JamalSpunky

Some more items to keep an eye on.

A movie is coming out which is a romantic drama or comedy about the music industry. It is called "Covers" and reportedly the script is fantastic. The two very first announced cast members were Dakota Johnson and Tracee Ellis Ross. In the second round of casting announcements for the film we got the name of the first male actor to join the production, Kelvin Harrison Jr who has been listed twice already in this thread. Since Kelvin and Dakota are close in age I was wondering if these two would be an onscreen pair. Still can't confirm that but recently photos of the two of them on set began to surface such as this one below.

[​IMG]

The key things are :

Harrison was one of the first people announced and the first guy announced for the cast. Typically it works that the earliest casting announcements are for those characters with the largest roles. That's not how it always work out but for the vast majority of the times it means something. If this storyline has a romance or two then certainly it goes without saying that leading lady Dakota Johnson is going to be in one and Harrison is old enough to be her love interest.

Secondly Harrison is HOT right now. I would argue for the last year or so he is the fastest rising young black actor that most people don't know about. They aren't going to offer him some unimportant role r would he take it at this point of his career.

But again I won't make anything official in this thread until it is official or I'm confident, through studio information and hints, to ahead and proclaim it.

The next thing to keep an eye on is this....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is Elizabeth Debicki and John David Washington shooting in Italy for Christopher Nolan's $250 million dollar motion picture epic "Tenet".

Washington is the confirmed lead of the movie. Can't say if Debicki or any other woman (there is another youngish white female as part of the main cast) in this motion picture is his love interest. But Debicki is though to have the biggest role of any woman in this film. Regardless it will be an interest pairing whether romantic or otherwise considering she is a 6'2 and homeboy is about 5'10. Good thing she isn't wearing heels. Not to many lead guys in Hollywood can match her height. As info comes in I will update regarding a pairing I will make the posting. Btw the teaser for this movie (which is still in production) is showing/debuting exclusively this weekend at some IMax theaters showing the Hobbs and Shaw movie.

16. JamalSpunky

If those women fell for this dude then just imagine what would happen if Hollywood wasn't scared to put really good-looking black men on screen much more often.But that's a conversation for another day, in another thread.

17. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

I think this young man is the gentlemen KB was seen with in the KB thread elsewhere on this site. She is stunningly gorgeous. My goodness!

18. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Absolutely loved the medeval book to mini-series she first appeared in Ken Follet's "The Pillars of the Earth". Glad to see that she is working in the IR genre today. I highly recommend it to all the "Game of Thrones" fans here because I have reason to believe that George RR Martin stole some ideas from Ken Follet when he wrote "A Game of Thrones" in 1996. Anyone interested can find it with Starz OnDemand if you subscribe or just search it on fyrestick/kodi.

The "cathedral" series began in 1989 with "The Pillars of the Earth" and has just concluded in 2017 with "A Column of Fire" . . . I think Steffon Baratheon's death was suspicious and that George got the idea from Ken lol . . . also Jon Stewart (Snow) may be the son of Lady Ashara Dayne and Lord (however briefly) Brandon Stark because of Jack Builder's conception.

19. darkcurry

Remember that one movie where Dakota Johnson was paired up with a black guy? It was a comedy I forget the name of it, but nothing really happened. All that sounds good hope so because if it is a good concept and well written that would make it better.

As far as Tenet goes...
    He is the only brotha in the film and there are no black actresses(at least part of the main cast) - https://screenrant.com/tenet-movie-christopher-nolan-cast-release-story-trailer/
    So if there is a romance then I would think by the interaction and body language it is between him and that really tall lady. lol.

If you're going to go see Hobbs and Shaw in theatres this weekend then they will be the only studio playing a teaser trailer for the flick.

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/08/christopher-nolan-tenet-teaser-trailer-memento-1202162829/

20. JamalSpunky

I'm very aware there are zero black actresses in Tenet. That's why I'm so fucking pump for it. A $250 million blockbuster by one of this century's greatest directors that is rumored to be a high concept story which happens to have a black male as the lead is the type of shit I've been thirsting for. But the huge cherry on the top is the absence of black women. That means it's a project in which a leading black male character isn't handcuffed to a black woman, which is a rarity in itself these days. Most of all it means black twitter won't try to champion a black actress over the lead black actor which happens all the time. GOD BLESS CHRISTOPHER NOLAN! Because 4 out of 5 directors would have made that character a black woman of made that character a white guy and made the leading female black or after making the lead guy black they would have given him a non-white female co-star. Again though this is a topic I need to discuss in some other thread.