BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

It

sleeper fell remains the best project Ealy has been in.

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Yeah, but not the comic universe the MCU storyline has been going with.

3. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I just looked up the articles when Micheal Ealy was casted:

https://deadline.com/2019/03/stumptown-michael-ealy-mark-webber-star-abc-drama-pilot-1202573741/

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/michael-ealy-mark-webber-abc-pilot-stumptown-1203160661/

Looks like Mark Webber's character is Cobie Smulders' best friend who has an unrequited crush on her.

But this past weekend this happend:
    https://deadline.com/2019/05/new-co...eaction-calls-treatment-degrading-1202612642/

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...-actor-blasts-abc-degrading-dismissal-1209906

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. darkcurry

I get his frutration with network TV, but this sort of thing happens. It's not fun to be fired so I feel for him. But it must've been something they wanted.

Reading further on this show and her character she is almost like a cross between Jessica Jones and Wynonna Earp(superpowers not included.).

So again this could work, but with it being on national TV with their softness AND networks being so cancel happy it's tough to say they have something here.

5. ColiBreh1

Man fucc all that! Instead of race-bending white comic book characters to be black in TV & film adaptions, Marvel & DC should just use actual black characters from the comics. How did race-bending Jimmy Olsen to be black, workout on "Supergirl"? It looks stupid. Mechad Brooks looks like he should be playing Val-Zod instead.

This.

6. darkcurry

That's where it's not always a good idea come in. But I get what you guys are saying because comic books ARE more diverse than film and TV. And there are diversity in literature all together more than TV and Movies. Im just understanding the alternative universe they want to create to be different, but not much different from the books.

7. darkcurry

Forgot about this; they finally aired the full trailer to the new HBO teen drama Euphoria that features an IR Teen Romance.

8. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Do you know any more detail about the IR romance than the quick flash shown in that trailer?

9. ColiBreh1

Yeah a trailer was posted weeks ago in this thread & I thought the same thing as @qaz1. That literally could just be a scene with no-name background characters.

10. darkcurry

Just the actors involved Algee Smith and Sydney Sweeney that play Cassie and McKay and the premise.

"A group of high school students try to discover their own identities while dealing with drugs, trauma, love, and social media."

[​IMG]
    EDIT: He's playing a character that is said to be a part of the main cast and he replaced another black actor that was in the pilot. https://deadline.com/2018/10/euphor...ams-cast-in-hbo-teen-drama-series-1202493380/ They are in the trailer more than once you guys. lol. You have to pay attention.

And the girl playing Cassie is in all10 episodes just like he is - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8772296/

Also kind of un-related Drake produced it. lol.

The premise kind of reminds me of the movie Kids. If they're taking it in that direction but of course in their own updated way. This should be REAL good!

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

According to Wikipedia, her character in the graphic novel is bisexual. So I assume whatever she and Ealy have will be neither serious nor long-term.

• List
  12. darkcurry

I need Tandy to hit you with some hope brotha. lol.

They didn't elude to that in the trailer. Also that don't mean they won't wind up a couple just probably a unconventional one. The trailer looks good and it features a BM/WW sighting that looks sexy and we could get some hot flirting between the two that we got with Wynonna and Dolls but this one actually leads up to them going for it with each other by the quick clip that is shown. The show is not here yet. Again my only concern is with it being on national TV they won't be able to be free to live up to the premise and could be cancelled if it doesn't have 10 to 20 million viewers each week because networks are GREEDY and choose shows really based on their own interest apparently with some of the low rated shows they keep.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  13. ColiBreh1

Oh, OK. Algee Smith is the dude that played Ralph Tresvant on BET's "The New Edition Story" miniseries. He also played 1 of the main characters in that "Detroit" movie from a couple years ago that we all ranted about against the bullshit backlash on social media. I'm in.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

LOL! If you can get Tandy to come my way, I'll have more than enough hope for all of this.

15. Elklodge

Elklodge Well-Known Member

My guess is it will be a constant thread and possibility, with a kind of back and forth give and take sorta thing. They definitely will have ups and downs, the show will probably gauge how people react to it to decide if they eventually pull the trigger on it or keep it more as a casual fling. A good example of this is the show "Chuck" the producers went for the kiss between the two early on then split them up again for a moment but because fans liked them together so much they got back together and eventually made them a permanent couple.

16. ColiBreh1

@SilverSmith posted this in The Nerdz Lounge thread:

New paranormal drama on ABC this fall called Emergence. The police chief Jo (Allison Tolman ) and Alex (Donald Faison) are ex-spouses who share custody of a child.

[​IMG]

17. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

That is definitely the most "mom" looking actress I've seen in some time lol

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  18. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

And because of that it's gonna flop hard
    Networks can't do shit right anymore

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. LMFAOOOOOOOO FACTS. Yo your pessimism and seriousness is a whole mood.

20. LMFAOOOOOOOO FACTS. Yo your pessimism and seriousness is a whole mood.