BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Elklodge

Elklodge Well-Known Member

I mean I thought he was light skinned

2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Even if he is, I'm gonna have to pass on checking out this show despite the fact I like Anna Camp. It would never even cross my mind that dude is supposed to be black, if you hadn't mentioned it.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  3. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

The Nancy Drew trailer has dropped.

4. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

but why not? I hate to sound like a broken record but we get this type of black women in Hollywood all the time. Do you not think there aren't black men born into the world looking like this too as a result of mixed racial heritage? Dude's name is Geno Segers and he is that type of mix.

5. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I def think he's black.
    But I don't know about this show. This is looks like it'll be a "gospel"-ish choir that absolutely never shows any actual reverence for God. Why not just make them a straight up show choir and skip the sacrilege?

6. Elklodge

Elklodge Well-Known Member

Looks pretty interesting, like that the black dude is being shown as the central object of desire and they at least trailer wise aren't baiting or putting in some seemingly forced love triangle with that white bread white dude like CW usually does. I mean she wants the guy and goes for it and they seem to be pushing him as the "hunk" of the show. So kudos its a teen drama so even if they get together there will be....drama but I am in enough to watch the pilot at the very least. Though not sure how much I like the faux supernatural element of it all.

7. I think it’s made by the Riverdale people lol it’s most likely GOING to involve a stupid ass white boy love triangle smh.

8. so AKA still no superheroics being had? Lol the fact that the only exciting thing you can say about the show comes from the two main characters being romantically linked, is a red flag lol C&D *ARE* very much romantic partners but they’re also marvel (tradmark sign) SUPERHEROES!! lmao why is every episode I watch either involving the same two tired scenes 1.) Tandy & Ty sitting depressed in the church having a quiet conversation about how hard life is OR 2.) Tyrone’s mom who really shouldn’t even be as prominent in the story as she is here, giving the same old speech about police brutality like we don’t have social media or watch the news?

Like, if you’re just in it for the IR representation then cool, you do you man lol but you just can’t say these characters have been used correctly or to their full potential. You just can’t.

Man, if Bill Mantlo wasn’t suffering in the hospital and found time to watch his creations on screen I wonder what he’d think of this stuff :/

And if you’re wondering: yes I’m very salty lmao.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

No there are superheroics. Episode 7 had it when they
    took down that traffiking ring at that hotel.
    And the first season in the finale where they combined their powers to stop the city from descending into madness from that chemical had it too. I'm not sure what kind of heroism you're looking for but if it wasn't for them those things I mentioned would've still been going on. The last two episodes coming up are the showdowns with D'spayre and Mayhem.

The ONLY reason why I mentioned the IR part in THIS thread is because that's what people want to see. And have been very impatient with it. Episode 8 is the start of what they're looking for. Remember this is the BM/WW IR sightings thread so there is a reason why I brought it up in here. lol. I don't talk about it much in the Nerdz Lounge the same reason why I don't talk much about other shows I watch.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm down for this just wondering how this isn't Veronica Mars mixed with Supernatural

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  11. ColiBreh1

I finally watched that "Nancy Drew" trailer. A genre CW teen drama with a sole female lead that has a black male love interest? The CW is ready to go there? They sure ran away from it on "The 100".

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

And on "Supergirl"

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

That doesn't sound good to you lol?

14. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. I just watched episode 7 and look forward to finally watching episode 8 this weekend.

15. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

And . . . "90210" where Dixon & Ivy ended season 2 as the most popular/promising couple of them all at that time.

16. ColiBreh1

Naw, I just looked it up. It ain't from the folks doing Riverdale/Chilling Adventures of Sabrina/Katy Keene. It's from Josh Shwartz, Stephanie Savage, & their Fake Empire Productions crew. They've done a bunch other CW shows: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fake_Empire_Productions

The trailer also sorta reminded me of "The Secret Circle".

17. ColiBreh1

"Supergirl" isn't a Teen Drama though. The characters are young adults who out of college in the 1st season.

None of the chicks on "90210" were the female lead after the 1st season. The show was a true ensemble cast. And nobody gives a fucc about "Dixon & Ivy", quit cysing them as some type of great couple.

18. ColiBreh1

So Charles Michael Davis (the dude who played Marcel on The CW's "The Originals") is part of regular cast on the 2nd season of that ABC Shondaland legal drama series "For the People". Looks like his character is in a IR with another CW alum, Britt Robertson. This looks the last minute & half from last night's season finale:

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  19. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

It does which is why I'm gonna watch lol

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

But at least Dixon got plenty of other action lol