BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Yeah, it looks like it develops over time although It also looks as if she was getting married and the white guy kind of figured out something going on and got Irate? She is definitely smitten with Charlie.

This looks funny. Idris got some good things coming out and already going on with Luther.

That kid is going to steal the scenes. lol.

2. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

Idris got it. Blokeyness.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. darkcurry

Yeah, he's a smooth guy.

4. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Never saw the first season of this series, but season two is on its way with an additional of a new male lead who is black (British actor).

5. darkcurry

I stopped watching after the fourth episode. Very hard to follow, but it is kind of like a religious/sci-fi show.

6. Tsharp99

Tsharp99 Active Member

I never saw the first season either. Can you follow the 2nd season without seeing the 1st season?

7. Reverie

So one need to binge watch it to understand?

8. darkcurry

Not really. I found myself re-watching some of the episodes before I moved on to the next to make sure I got it. lol.

9. Reverie

Ok, I understand.

10. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I forgot about this shit. This new trailer dropped back in December:

This dropped back in early February:

A few more promos that dropped within the last week:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  11. darkcurry

That ain't going to go over well. Marcia is letting O.J. consume her life! Smh.

12. darkcurry

I seen legacies last night. Wasn't able to watch it live on thursday, but the love "triangle" between Alaric, Dorian and Emma took a turn that I approve of when you do the kind of shit Alaric did last episode(even though he was drunk.)

Him quitting is the only thing I don't agree with. Emma and those kids needs Dorian. And even though I agree with Dorian slugging Ric for kissing Emma when he DIDN'T have a slug in his ear that is still his friend and they need to talk about this and sort it out like friends.

And fans agreed! We're tired of these love triangles.

What do you guys think? You agree with the way Dorian handled it?

13. ColiBreh1

Looks like Nina Dobrev did another round of media interviews a couple days ago to promote "Fam":

14. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I respect and think quitting was great because we NEVER see black men assert themselves this way. We are allowed to feel betrayal and act on it or at least we should be. Only thing that doesn't make sense is that Alaric didn't know Dorian was with Emma when he kissed her. And side note can we actually get an Indian woman with a traditional Indian name. They all aren't impossible to pronounce, but I digress, I do like seeing a black male who doesn't have to shrink or be wildly violent to make a black male look better.

One major critique I have of this episode and this show in general is that black kid vampire in this episode just takes orders from a weaker human. There's no rhyme or reason to it. Vampires are usually impulsive and only yield to those more powerful or people who a strong emotional hold on them. The Salvatores only respected the Originals and Elana that's pretty much it. Everyone else could kiss their ass when they were going after what they wanted, but this black kid is just listening to Alaric? Why?

15. darkcurry

Caleb is actually kind of a rebel. He loves and advocates for the vampires and really all of the kids to have their nature be respected and embraced. Did you see his speech about that to Alaric and did you see where Alaric gave him his deal? Caleb, I say by second season will come into his nature as a vampire. I'm liking his development. My new favorite vampire on TV since NBC cancelled Midnight, Texas with Lem.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

Miles and Cara decided to go on a date at the end of the latest episode of God Friended Me - 3 eps remaining in season 1. The showrunner hinted at a season finale shake up so spread out your apples accordingly.

17. ColiBreh1

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I just 'watched' The .Bachelor pre-proposal 2 hr special tonight (was on in the background).
    Haven't watched a lick until tonight.

So according to the sequence, next week he picks his bride.
    The Preview shows it's a white chick and a Black chick left.
    Colton is a dreamy good-looking White guy with a hot body and the mostly white women tonight were crying hard over him sending them home.

Apparently, next week is the most explosive in franchise history... So much so, that they have to go live over two nights instead of one because of the 'unprecedented' drama.

All l could think was, if this was a BM bachelor and the final 2 women were black and white, it would be the negative viral of Twitter. Like, unending!

I'm curious now how this season and the 'final two' is being played out on SM, lol. I'm hunching very postively.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. ColiBreh1

Yeah, this why I'd be totally fine if they never have a BM as The Bachelor. I don't want to see that cringe-worthy drama playing out on national TV.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  20. darkcurry

I remember seeing a preview trailer back in January they didn't show that part. The premise doesn't look like something that would interest me. I'll check out the first episode just to see how it goes, but I don't know if this would be something I would be interested in at least at the moment.