BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

lol. Good find!

2. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

I used to watch this series years ago in 2015. It was original programming on the Fear network but my cable provider dropped the whole damn channel - Chiller it was called not Fear my memory serves me right. It was good stuff though and yes there are multiple IR hookups interrupt in the woods by the killer. Definitely check out the first few episodes ad the main character moves back into town to take ownership of her inherited property

3. darkcurry

Yeah me and my GF are almost finish with season 2 now which started in 2017. Netflix picked it up so we might get a season 3. It's a good show. Underrated in my opinion.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. darkcurry

5. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

CBS' Upfront press conference/presentation is on Wednesday afternoon. So that's when the trailer will drop.

6. darkcurry

Timeless aired their two hour season finale this past sunday and it was epic! I won't spoil, but they gave Rufus and Jiya's love story the main stage for their finale and it was an emotional rollercoaster and cool! They might have the strongest fanbase for an IR TV couple.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. ColiBreh1

I watched the "Timeless" finale last night. It was a great episode, but it felt so rushed. They advanced way too much in the plot & especially character development in this finale. I wish they had made this season 13 episodes instead of 10 episodes.

BTW, NBC had their Upfront press conference yesterday & they still haven't announced a decision on renewing "Timeless" for season 3 or not.

8. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I kind of hope this means they are taking their time to try to make the numbers work so they can bring it back.

**Spoilers**

Now that they've broken one of their time travel rules, maybe if it comes back next season they can travel even more places (Medival, prehistoric, even the future)

9. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

On the other end of the spectrum of the IR we prefer, is a new show premiering next season

About a black celebrity who gets away with murdering his white wife, only to get accused again. Oh and guess who is the executive producer.

Honestly, I don't think this is the TV show we (society) need right now.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. darkcurry

And those are the reasons why it will fail. Marcia Clark thinks people aren't sick of her, she'll get a wake up call when they start promoting this show. Especially how the black guy is portraying the character will turn people off the more and more this gets out. The shows ABOUT OJ were different because they were about him. This show is just making it about black men. I bet the questions they dodge or give a suspect answer to are "Why did you make him black?" "Why couldn't he be white?"

Would love it if those questions are brought up! lol.

11. darkcurry

They probably rushed it because they were only given 10 episodes by the network. And they wanted to put enough out there to prove how good this show is and it actually worked. This show is highly rated on rotten tomatoes, the season finale beat out American Idol on the social media presence and averaged 2.4 Million viewers.

But It doesn't look like they are bringing it back, but those numbers could land it somewhere else hopefully cable, netflix or hulu. Some of these white owned networks don't like too much diversity. Especially ones on National TV. Remember NBC brought back that show Taken based on the movie when they averaged around the same amount of viewers in their first season as TIMELESS did in it's first season. They picked up Brooklyn 99 when this show averaged FAR less viewers than TIMELESS in their season finale. So it clearly isn't about ratings. They just don't want too many shows on their network that are diverse and TIMELESS also features a rare LOVING straight IR relationship involving a black man. And they actually write it in a romantic way with them having chemistry and without a third party involved. I think they already have two other shows like that. Midnight, Texas is one of them. 3 or more is too much for NBC and they wouldn't want people thinking they support IR romances where the women fall in love with black men. lol.

But as I said I do have high hopes that it will land somewhere else if NBC decides not to give it a Season 3.

12. ColiBreh1

Whoa, whoa, whoa. I disagree with you on your diversity rant. Hollywood has been pushing onscreen diversity heavy the last several years this decade. There are so many Black TV shows, TV shows with a black lead/co-lead, or TV shows with black characters as part of the regular cast nowadays it's impossible to keep up.

Have you seen the cast of "Brooklyn 99"?:

[​IMG]

BK99 is a sitcom that is a perfect example of Hollywood's onscreen diversity push the last several years, so using BK99 as an example of the networks not wanting diversity doesn't make sense. The reason NBC picked-up BK99 is because BK99 is a critically-acclaimed NBCUniversal-produced show & it just needs 1 more season to have a 100 episodes for syndication. So it makes sense business-wise for NBC & NBCUniversal as corporate siblings to have NBC pick BK99 up.

I've never seen an episode of the "Taken" tv show, so I can't speak on it. But NBC just cancelled it last week.

Also as I've mentioned multiple times, IR involving BM are allowed to prosper on TV shows when both the BM chracter & his IR love interest are NOT the lead characters. Rufus & Jiya on "Timeless" are examples of this, so I don't think people really have a problem with Rufus & Jiya. Now if Rufus was a love interest for Lucy instead, than you'd see problems

13. darkcurry

I was speaking on how many is too much for them. Brooklyn 99 and Timeless to go along with This Is Us, Midnight, Texas and The Good Place. Might be too many shows with that much diversity and IR involving black men. In their mind they would probably think they would have to let one go. Plus Brooklyn 99 is white male driven with their beloved gay black male character. Could be one of the reasons with such low ratings the past year they still picked it up. https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/brooklyn-nine-nine-season-five-ratings/

TIMELESS has out performed them.

And regarding how they do IR couples yeah that is true also, but remember they REALLY don't like romantic storylines involving black men and non black women mainly white women no matter how big his role is. They already have two other IR couples on their network that I have counted so far. TIMELESS is three.

Again I think TV is moving towards diversity in a way that doesn't threaten white and white male dominant shows. I mean look at how many new shows coming to the fall season they have announced. Mostly white and white male driven, yet no one has picked up that Courtney B. Vance IR show, and several of those new show we know are going to get the axe.

I do think progress is happening, but unless things change in the front office It will happen in a way that makes them comfortable.

14. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

This is going to tank just like that Fox show about police killings involving a black cop and a white kid.
    Who is this for exactly?

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  15. The Dark King

What other shows do you see IR between black men and white women that aren't foreign?

16. ColiBreh1

SMH. ABC literally just had an now cancelled anthology crime series that last season focused on a BM being the main suspect of his White Wife's murder:

You talking about that show with Sanaa Lathan & Mack Wilds? That show was meant to be an 1-season only event series.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  17. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I wonder if her black ex-boyfriend has ever posed these questions to her.

18. The Dark King

That shit don't count, he was a murder suspect. Come on fam

19. The Dark King

Doubt it. Being that rich you live in a bubble yaaaas girl do it. She's completely tone deaf and her supporters will be the ones to hurt in the long run. As much as I respect and support black love, this country lacks the foundation for that to flourish. Black men are better off taken their talents and resources elsewhere and focus on building a different community.
    Saw this video today and even though this the opinion of one woman the comments always give me an idea of which way the larger population is leaning. Almost 100% support. No vitriol, no hate, no shaming, just a bunch of people who agree black men and white women are weak, that the opposites within our races do more work while we just sit back. Funny how they think that but both camps are the loudest and proudest when they want to shout down and police every move we make.
    So Shonda can make all the damaging shows about black men that she wants because black women gay black men white men in general will support the hell out of it. I haven't seen a single episode but I predict the black dude will be cartoonishly evil, beating and abusing a slew of women and some evil white woman will be the reason he was locked up being innocent of this one crime.

20. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

When I saw the parallels to the OJ trial and the question posed as to the producer, my knee-jerk reaction was that Marcia Clark had expanded from law into television production. But Shonda Rhimes (sp?) also makes sense.