BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Tsharp99

Tsharp99 Active Member

This show is a slow burn, but I think it's worth it.

2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

According to Wikipedia, the show only has 6 episodes though.

3. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Yes, Pine Gap comprises six episodes. It''s not a bad series, but my level of interest withered away midway through the season. I found myself skipping a few scenes, and fast-forwarding to reach the end of two installments.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  4. Tsharp99

Tsharp99 Active Member

True, most Australian and UK shows have between 6 to 8 episodes per season, there not like American tv with 13 to 22 episodes per season.

5. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Anybody got updates on the relationship in God Friended Me? I was thinking about jumping back into it, but I'd rather know if I'll care for how it's going first lol

6. ColiBreh1

LOL & SMH, You quitting on "God Friend Me" is ridiculously premature & impatient AF. As of the most recent episode that aired 2 weeks ago (Season 1, Episode 9) before tonight's midseason penultimate episode:
    Miles is dating the lightskin DJ chick & Cara feels some type of way about it. Miles & Cara as a potential couple is still HEAVILY pushed on the show.

There was no reason to quit on the show. You're acting like a TV show with long-term endgame love interests is a foreign concept to you

7. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

LOL! :D You got me. I am impatient. But really it's 'cause life is busy, so I can't watch everything. If I'm gonna pick and choose I might as well wait for the good stuff lol. I didn't watch tonight because I was on that Flash/Arrow crossover.

Plus shows like these often get cancelled before the big payoff. Personally I'd rather see a show featuring a healthy, stable ir couple than a slow burn will-they/won't-they. But like you said, I'm impatient :p

To be clear about it: there were no developments from tonight's episode?

8. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

So...yeah...literally none of those people should be getting married. That's got BAD IDEA written all over it, in multiple languages.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. ColiBreh1

Yeah, I think that's where the disconnect is between us. I much prefer the slowburn will-they/won't they over an established couple. For example, on "Scrubs" I always disliked that Turk & Carla got together, got engaged, got married & had kids so damn early; while J.D. & Elliot don't finally get together for good until like the final season and J.D. gets to date so many other females throughout the series. I guess you could say "Scrubs" falls under trope of marrying off the BM character.

I haven't watched the most recent episode of "God Friended Me" that just aired hours ago, so I can't speak on it.

10. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I get the cynicism though with how the way they usually tease IR pairings and just decide to write it off all together and there is no happy ending with that couple. But I do love a good build, so it's tough. The trust with showrunners and filmmakers is still in process with some people. I'm getting close to trusting it now though, especially with some of these strong beautiful IR love stories we have been seeing on TV and in Movies.

11. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Yeah I think you put your finger on it. I'm definitely a relationship guy. But bottom line, I wanna see black dudes with beautiful women.

[Side Note: That's what used to kill me back in the "token" days, when there was one colored person per show. You could tell when the token black guy was going to get hooked up because a random black women would show up...but she was never as attractive as the women the other guys got (and I KNOW there were finer black women available, I'd seen them lol).]

If GFM proceeds as you prefer, my guess is he's more likely to end up single and jealous over Cara's relationship than dating a series of dimes until they ultimately get together. But as we've already determined, I'm both impatient and cynical.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

And as far as Scrubs goes, I actually agree with you...but just because I didn't think Carla was as hot as the women JD dated. If they'd cast Heather Graham or Elizabeth Bogush or Chrystee Pharris (basically anyone on this list https://scrubs.fandom.com/wiki/Category:J.D.'s_Romantic_Partners), it would've been a different story.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Come to think of it, Olivia and Lem (Midnight, Texas) are the perfect example of what I prefer. They're an attractive, stable couple. They had some drama in the first season, but it didn't take even a full season to cement them together again. I'd rather see that than the two of them dancing around each other for 8 seasons (like the show Leverage, for example).

14. darkcurry

One of the things I love about the telling of their relationship is how strong and tender they're making it. There was a petition online they bring that girl back that Olivia got attached to in a Motherly way. The episode is an example of how exploring relationships on shows could work and you don't have to include a love triangle, cheating, ect. to explore a couple going through tough times. That is where I felt the short-lived CW show Life Sentence failed at. Trying to include another guy into a happy marriage.

I hope Charlaine Harris explore more of their backstory. Because as we all know they were already together when the show first aired.

The fans of course have made several of these cute love videos that the actress Arielle Kebbel finds to be beautiful.

15. darkcurry

Elizabeth Olsen has been nominated for a CriticsChoice Award for Best Actress in a Drama Series for her FacebookWatch series ‘Sorry for Your Loss

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Also Laura Dern(The Tale) and William Jackson Harper(The Good Place) got nominated.

16. Lol why mention Laura Dern? was she in something bmww related or...?

17. darkcurry

The Tale

Her and Common play an engaged couple in this gripping HBO Movie that she has been nominated for Golden Globe and Critics Choice Award.

It's a tough subject matter, but an important one if you choose to watch it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Are she and Ben Harper on good terms post-divorce?

19. Elklodge

Elklodge Well-Known Member

I believe so, and she was caught making out with Baron Davis about a year ago. Dern likes her men like she likes her coffee.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Great news, folks: Today, Facebook Watch announced the renewal of Sorry For Your Loss and Sacred Lies.

https://bit.ly/2rB7cHi