BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Hmmmm....Maybe, I should it check out. "Midnight Texas" hasn't been a priority for me because:

1. Without looking it up to be sure, I'm pretty sure Peter Mensah is WAY OLDER than Arielle Kebbel

2. They're already an established couple versus getting together over time.

3. They're Vampires instead of Humans

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Well she is not technically a vampire. You would have to watch the first season and the season finale and pay attention to get what I mean. The entire 1st season is on Hulu.

3. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I'd definitely give it a shot. She is unashamedly (and vocally and jealously) into him, but they have their ups and downs during the first season. I'd say they take enough of a journey to make them worth watching for sure.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  4. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

The show just ended, but what about Marcel and Rebekah from The Originals. They have a five-season long Romeo and Juliet thing that--no spoilers--ends well for them. Marcel never gets played (he's an adversary of the main characters Klaus and Elijah, Rebekah's brothers) and the relationship is fraught, not simply with sexual tension, but a deep and profound love for each other.

They are vampires in a world of witches and werewolves tho.

5. darkcurry

6. ColiBreh1

Honestly, even though Marcel & Rebekah are end game on "The Originals", I never got emotionally attached to them as a couple because Marcel & Rebekah don't get enough screen time together throughout the series because Rebekah/Claire Holt leaves the show as part of the regular cast towards the end of 1st season, than is only a recurring character who only appears in like 4 or 5 episodes each season for the rest of the series, while Marcel is part of the regular cast for the entire series.

I actually prefered Marcel's relationships with Cami in the first couple of seasons:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

& with Sofya in the 4th season:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To answer your question about me not having a problem with them being vampires on "The Originals". I guess because it's a The CW show & I've seen every episode of TVD & TO, I just more emotionally attached to the show and give them a pass.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  7. darkcurry

O.k. I finally got a friend to let me borrow their log in info to watch these facebook shows Sacred Lies and Sorry For Your Loss which premieres tonight.

(He doesn't have much on his facebook too, so it doesn't feel weird. lol.)

8. darkcurry

Just finishing watching all first four episodes of Sorry For Your Loss and so far it's okay, I think the acting especially by Elizabeth Olsen, Mamadou Athie and Jovan Adepo are making it better. It is a half hour melodrama. It has it's moments where it brings the audience in, but not that many. I guess that's because it is a Black Comedy so I'll give it the benefit of doubt. So it's good enough to make you want to see next week's episode to see where they want to take it. In future episodes would like to see them bring the audience more like with episode 4 and the superb way they dealt with oppression. That episode was strong.

Seen the first episode of Sacred Lies earlier and GAT DAMN this show starts off crazy as hell! lol. Very interesting from the beginning to the end of the first episode. I hope it holds up. Love the mystery. It is like if a CW show went darker. But it still doesn't beat The Innocents first episode in my opinion, @Young Herschel. lol.

9. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

I can see what you're saying, but Cami seemed too idealized and constructed to me - her character served the plot and not her own characterization. Sofya, even though I understand why, seemed cold and an artificial placeholder for whenever Claire Holt came back.

10. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Wait until you get to episode three darkcurry!!! I thought the first episode of "The Innocents" was boring on initial watch so I had to come back to it weeks later. Now I'm up thru episode three.

11. darkcurry

Episode three of what? The Innocents? I already watched all 8 episodes of that show. 10/10.

I'm currently on episode 5 of Sacred Lies.

12. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

I've completed both the Innocents and Sacred Lies, the former being much more compelling. Watched part one of Sorry For Your Loss last night. Elizabeth Olsen handles the heartache of widowhood with a tremendous amount of sensitivity and genuineness.

13. darkcurry

Agreed. I love that these current YA shows are written where older folks could get into and understand them as well. One of my problems with 90210 reboot was I felt old(my age) watching it at times so I stopped after season 1. lol.

I love Elizabeth's portrayal well. As I said the acting is superb, but as far as writing I would like to see them bring in the audience a lot more like with what they did with episode 4 and how they dealt with depression. I felt for her husband.

14. ColiBreh1

I saw this clip on Youtube last night that answers some of these questions:

Also 1 of her TVD co-star visited the set of "Fam" a couple weeks ago:

15. ColiBreh1

I'm 4 episodes into the short-lived The CW supernatural mystery drama series "The Messengers" which aired back in mid-season/summer 2015. The show has an ensemble cast, but actress Shantel VanSanten (The chick that played Patty Spivot on season 2 of "The Flash", Haley's older sister Quinn on the last few seasons of "One Tree Hill", & the female lead/wife on USA Network's "Shooter") is basically the de facto female lead.

She has black male co-worker/best friend (played by Craig Frank), who is a simp that is obviously into her:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm gonna see how this plays out.

16. darkcurry

Where are you watching these old shows? Netflix? Hulu? Other?

I been meaning to check out this british suspense show I seen listed on here pages back.

17. ColiBreh1

All of the short-lived 1-season The CW/The WB Network dramas (& even from other networks) I've watched over the last few years or so, I downloaded the episodes from torrents or download from pirate sites.

If a show has at least 2 seasons, you can probably find the episodes readily available on Netflix, Amazon Video, iTunes, Hulu, Blu-ray/DVD, Network streaming apps/on-demand, & etc.

What British suspense show are you talking about?

18. darkcurry

Im having trouble finding it in this thread again. lol.
    But I vaguely remember it being in a smalltown during winter time and some kind of beast was on the loose. And the brotha on the show was having an affair with this really hot latina or white woman and he had an white ex-wife.

19. Target 02

Target 02 Active Member

Need gifs of makeouts pronto!

20. ColiBreh1

Check Tumblr. Tumblr is the go-to place for gifs from TV Shows & movies.