Growth of Online Dating Leads to Increase in Interracial Relationships

Discussion in 'How To Meet White Women and Black Men' started by quantumblack, Oct 14, 2017.

1. MixedCalifornian

MixedCalifornian Active Member

If she lives in Oslo I"d actually be surprised.

2. GAmomlisa

GAmomlisa Well-Known Member

It makes sense that online dating would increase interracial dating. You can sift through many men in a short time period and shoot for what you find most attractive, and not be limited to people you're in contact with

3. thefieryphoenix

thefieryphoenix Active Member

Online dating makes it easier to date interracially, especially for those who live in segregated areas.

4. redlolly

redlolly Well-Known Member

I agree with this. I tried online dating for a while and although nothing came of it, it felt like an important step to state my preference and put myself out there as wanting to meet and date black guys. As it turned out I didn't end up doing much searching of the men on the site, but I never once found a profile where the guy stated he had a preference for white women. Had I done so I'd have definitely contacted them.

Unfortunately it didn't mean I could "say bye bye to responses from white guys". It may have put some of them off, but it did mean that a lot of the responses I got from them were pretty nasty and abusive. They were easy to filter out and disregard though.

5. K

K Well-Known Member

Sometimes, it seems like it fuels them more.

6. redlolly

Maybe. It's the only time I ever used online dating tho so I wouldn't know for sure.
    Mostly they just came across as sad and pathetic.

7. foxyred

foxyred Active Member

I tried online dating a few years ago without much success. With the general dating sites I would always say that I was only interested in black guys but I only ever got replies from white guys who obviously never even bothered read my profile. The interracial dating sites I tried seemed to be mainly in the US so no luck there either.

8. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

I don't live in Oslo.

9. medullaslashin

medullaslashin Well-Known Member

I bet it would be easy enough electronically for dating sites to allow users to control who can view their profile by ethnicity... Like, tick off checkboxes of what kind of people can view your profile... but it seems none of them do. I registered to match.com & POF back in the day & neither had such a feature...

That led to people putting awkward stuff in their profiles like "I only date within my race" ... or having to explicitly state preferences... Of course doing that violates privacy... Not everyone wants the world to know about their ethnic preferences, whether it's for fear of being labeled a "racist" or the risk of having your racist boss, family, etc. see that you date out...

If they can ensure that hetero men only see female profiles & lesbian women only see lesbians, surely they can allow users to include or exclude which ethnicities can view their profile... Gotta wonder why they don't.

10. redlolly

It'd really be great if there were features like that. It would certainly do away with a lot of the unsolicited and abusive messages which put people off using dating sites.
    As to why they don't, well, I think they are quite cynical. They don't really care about helping people find appropriate partners. All they really care about is having as many profiles up and visible to as many people as possible, to drive stuff like advertising revenue. It's in their interest for you to have as little control over visibility of your profile information as possible. It's one of the reasons I'm uncomfortable with using such sites at all. Also that they do stuff like bulk email profile links and details out to whoever they feel like.

11. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

The technical part is very easy. It's as simple as a checkbox which becomes a variable in the search parameters.

12. thefieryphoenix

thefieryphoenix Active Member

While Plenty of Fish does not allow its users to limit who can see their profiles, the site does allow users to search by race/ethnicity using the Advanced Search tool.

I've seen plenty of women on that site who say in their profiles "No black men" or "I only date within my race." I laugh at those women because they usually are ugly anyway.

13. DudeNY12

Yes, I've seen that too. I've also seen some from WW (and BW) who state "Only black men". I don't take issue with it as we're all entitled to our preference(s).

14. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

What's the best sites for IR?

15. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

I've had good experiences with OkCupid. And it even has a question that lets you filter out women who prefer to date white men only. It's great for getting rid of the non compatible women right off the bat.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I will check it out.

17. Rochiebabes86

Rochiebabes86 Well-Known Member

To me it was all about college and living in co-Ed dorms. Freedom finally

18. tp480

tp480 Well-Known Member

Definitely pros and cons to online dating. However, we are in the 21st century and like others have said in this thread you can filter what you want and don’t want.

19. DudeNY12

Agreed! It also removes the question of if he/she date and/or open to IR dating.

20. DudeNY12

Overall, I think it's a good idea and can work well. I imagine it helps that person who find it difficult to approach someone they don't know, but are interesting in meeting. Definitely not foolproof, but I think your chances of finding quality/serious people improve when joining a paysite.