European Standard of Beauty

Discussion in 'Stereotypes and Myths' started by nero, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

I don't feel responsible for women of other colours wanting to conform to a Western beauty ideal. I'm not the one forcing them to use bleaching cream and weave. It's on them to emancipate themselves from a Western beauty ideal that has invaded their country through colonialism, unfortunately I can't do it for them. If I could, I would as I'm a great believer in natural beauty. I have talked with some African friends about how I like their natural God-given hair and how it'd be good for them to embrace it and ditch the Indian hair. Of course the ones who don't wear their natural hair tell me I don't understand and that their hair doesn't agree with Euro weather. I wouldn't try that type of convo with an African American woman, I'd be scared to get beaten up or something (after reading on this forum) but African women are generally very proud of their black beauty and secure in their cultural identity so one can joke around with them about stuff like that. Just like they pull my leg about tanning or turning different colours when cold, embarrassed, frightened etc....I don't feel like their admiration for straight hair says anything about my looks. I'm European, we have our own beauty standards. If anything, I thank them for teaching me that beauty goes beyond size zero and that having a booty could be a good thing. I didn't know that growing up:)

2. thefieryphoenix

thefieryphoenix Active Member

Maybe someone needs to keep your self-esteem down so you can see how it feels to be bullied.
    If you are not interested in overweight chicks, leave them alone.

3. missshyness

missshyness Active Member

Oh snap, you tell them, guys like this who make comments like this need other guys to keep them in check, it is nice to hear a guy stand up to bullying. Many guys do not do this enough.

4. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Da da dahhhhhhh White Knight in blackface to the rescue

As a black man in Murca my self-esteem is under attack everyday thank you very much

Don't know if you noticed the smile at the end of my sentence meant I was mostly kidding, but keep caping for those plus size Scooby Snacks

LOL

5. RicardoCooper

*Snicker* Yeah he sure told me

Like I was "bullying" anybody, come on

6. Madeleine

Thanks for that secret information:). Now we can stop trying.

7. Madeleine

Well, why should they even compete with white women? Everyone should try to be the best version of herself. If I tried to be black it wouldn't work either.

8. RicardoCooper

It's not me you have to convince. I don't wear blue contacts or weave

9. Madeleine

LOL, good to hear you don't wear weave and blue contacts. I hope you don't relax your hair like Didier Drogba either.

10. RicardoCooper

What hair?

:cool:

11. missshyness

Uh, yeah, I saw the smile too, maybe you were kidding, but it is still not funny to try to make another human feel bad about themselves, regardless of attacks on black men in "Murka" get, yes I acknowledge they do, but still, that does not mean to make plus size women feel bad about themselves even in jest, this will not help a blackman's cause. If you do not like them, fine, just say no thanks and keep it moving, simple.

As is said treat others how you would want to be treated, if you mistreat others, mistreatment will find its way back to you.

12. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

Are you sporting the bold look?

13. RicardoCooper

Nobody's "mistreating" anybody, just stop

14. missshyness

yeah there is mistreatment when you feel a need to call plus size women names "like for those plus size Scooby Snacks", just say no thanks and leave them alone. Not good to name call and feel a need to keep someone's self esteem down, even to joke about it. Comments like this and attitude tell me there is a twisted mind there, who does not like women, and puts them down to make himself feel better.

Yeah I am taking this way too seriously in your eyes, but name calling and bullying is a serious thing.

15. RicardoCooper

Quite telling you have never engaged any of my posts before yet here you are.

Nobody's "name calling" or "bullying." I happen to like BBWs and have been known to chubby chase as I have admitted on this forum

I'm not responsible for people who overreact to light-hearted banter that wasn't even really BBW-specific TBH

It's in men's interest to keep ALL women's self-esteem down

HAHAHAHA

I will be blocking you now, so I won't see your posts anymore. Sorry you are triggered, best wishes to you

16. K

K Well-Known Member

Believe me, as a fatty myself, I really appreciate your appreciation ;)

Not that he needs defending...but I'm pretty sure he was joking. He's said several times that he likes bigger girls!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  17. K

K Well-Known Member

Based on the several times you have jumped to assumptions and reactions, it's pretty clear you have some issues to deal with. You've said some things about your past and coming on to the younger guy at school or whatever, as well as other things. It's really too bad that you have such self esteem issues, but that isn't due to anyone joking around on a message board. Those are things for you to deal with on your own or with a therapist.

There are a couple/few men on here who happen to be sarcastic and have a certain wit (maybe even charm) about them. They have been around quite a few years and I"m not going to say that there aren't times when they may cross the line, but there isn't any real bad intent in any of it. If you were to take a more objective position and watch for a bit, I think you would realize that they are generally good, even sometimes funny, and mostly playful....oh yah and they can be a bit protective of some of us (just as I can be about them)

Maybe it would be a good idea to untwist those panties and lighten up a bit. This is a message board. Life is stressful enough. People come to play, let off some steam, etc. Some of us get to deal with a lot of shit on a daily basis. Try....maybe just TRY to see things from a different perspective. You've got a really big chip on your shoulder, no one here put it there.

18. Madeleine

Yep, that's what I was gonna say. I think Ricardo has broadcast his appreciation of bigger women more than anyone else on this forum, so @missshyness pick your enemies more wisely;)
    Secondly, and more generally, you can't talk people (especially men) into repentance. That's something I've learned by dealing with the men in my life. If you want to tell a man something you don't like he did or said, say it politely, concisely, say it once, and then leave that thing alone. If he cares about you he will think about it later in a quiet minute and maybe, just maybe, even apologize. If you keep pushing and pushing and talking and talking you.push the guy away, as we just watched live. That's not just for message boards but mostly for real life and your current or future dealings with men;).

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  19. K

K Well-Known Member

smart!

Usually a bit of honey goes much further than any amount of vinegar :)

20. missshyness

Yeah and I am letting off my own steam as you put it, I don’t deal with sarcasm well, and other people do not either I am not the only one, I have seen first hand the trouble this can get one into, it pays to be humble and I invite / suggest those snarky guys on here to try it, as said honey is better than snarky vinegar as it is so put.

I am entitled to my feelings and opinions on here, I have not resorted to name calling on others, and others have, the so called charmers, yet I am the bad guy, or girl in, this case. you don’t know much about me, it is impossible on an in-line board so I don’t thnk people here are qualified to assess if I need therap or not, that is for me to figure out and try.

And I don’t like a guy who thinks he needs to keep women’s self esteem down, how is that good? it is not a joke, I have seen abusive relationships and even joking about such to me is serious, I have seen it first hand, so you don’t know me, so yeah I might have a big chip, and that is why.