Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

2. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

That actually was funny since Heimdall according to the mythology was the fairest of them all.

3. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I hope so too. In some works when it comes to IR the book is better than the movie or vice versa.

4. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Thanks, I totally forgot I made a thread for this movie so I put the trailer in the Movie Trailers thread only when I meant to put it in both. lol.

5. JUANMACKER

JUANMACKER Active Member

some IR in the movie "Detroit" with John Boyega...

6. Soulthinker

Saw the trailer and it is good.

7. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

Stumbled across this winner of 2015 SXSW Best Narrative Short winner, and 2015 Sundance Short Film Grand Jury Prize
    For Your Consideration: “Pink Grapefruit”

Run Time about 11min

8. Soulthinker

Cool flick. Makes you wished it was a little longer.

9. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Oh I remember that guy from what was it Misfits?

10. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Yup

11. darkcurry

12. Soulthinker

13. darkcurry

Well we don't know for certain so let's wait until it comes out. But since it is dubbed as a romance especially if you google the movie; they have it listed as a romance/drama, they unlike with the pelican brief will face backlash especially from critics. They already put it out there and I believe that's when people will start to pick up on Hollywood's issue with IR romances involving black men. I remember a article years ago that exposed Hollywood's issue with love scenes between black men and white women called "Black Men Can't Kiss"
    You and others should give it a read if you haven't already >> http://www.eonline.com/news/35283/black-men-can-t-kiss

So in the age of the internet this WILL come back and even more strong if they decide to go that way with this film and people are going to start pointing out the list of romances in books that Hollywood producers and filmmakers took out when making the movie or tv show. I will be surprised with this being a big movie and already considered a oscar contender if they don't get exposed if they axe the romance and the kissing scene that is ALL OVER the internet.

14. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Trailer #2 for "Detroit" dropped a couple days ago:

15. darkcurry

I'm glad this 2nd trailer shines a bit more light on the story as racist people tried to tear down the first trailer online with their accusations that it made white men racist. Idiots.

16. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Lol Made Them Racist...yeah its Black People's Fault White People Are Racist....
    The Projection and Delusion is Strong With Them.

17. Soulthinker

18. darkcurry

Annie J Howell(The writer of Little Boxes) and her family. So far most of the IR films have been written and or directed by people IN interracial relationships.

[​IMG]

Me and the GF watched it last night on Netflix and it was terrific. The reviews on it are funny it's like they don't know how to approach a film about an IR family's struggles like most people do in real life, lol. Kind of like the people in this movie (Not to give anything away.) It's like they were expecting things and surprised by others, but this is what happens when your not used to seeing a artistic representation of a IR family on film. But overall the reviews are in the middle of the pack, but viewers loved it as it was on Netflix's "Popular List" and "Trending List" for about a week. I hope this gets noticed by awards season, at least a nomination of some sort, good film.

[​IMG]

19. Soulthinker

I learn something every day.

20. Soulthinker

I read of a IR flick called Black Cream aka Together For Days. It was a flick directed by Micheal Schulz and stars Clifton Davis and Lois Chiles. The flick has the first appearace of Samuel L. Jackson years before Jungle Fever. Saw a poster online but,don't know if it is still in print or lost forever.