15 things you did not know about me

Discussion in 'Parties and Games' started by FG, Jun 28, 2009.

1. stiletoes

stiletoes Well-Known Member

Is the sick bitch behind bars?/////////////////////////

2. King Fox

King Fox Member

She ended up leaving the school, but I don't think anyone knew. I remember she visited once years later when I was about 12, and since she visited that meant none of the other teachers/faculty members knew, so it must've meant that none of the boys ever said anything including me. It wasn't until years later that I realized I probably should have spoken up, not so much for myself because I wasn't really negatively affected, but in case someone else was hurt.

3. 11eleven11

11eleven11 New Member

Aww, that's cute! When I was in an LDR and missing my boy, I used to do the same thing, but imagining him there curled up with me.

Hmm, fifteen things you don't know...I'm not much of a sharer offline, so I'll try to list things people in general don't know about me/are surprised to find out(I tend not to tell people about my life unless they ask the right questions >.>). Bold for the easy-read version.

You could probably also call it my 'fuckup list' :p

1-I've been engaged twice(to different people), no longer engaged and not married either, d'oh.
    2-My dad died when I was 18, it messed me up more than I would usually admit. Ten year anniversary later this month.
    3-I want babies. In the next year or two pls, so better meet a suitable daddy soon :p
    4-I had an eating disorder between ages 17-20 and have horrifying eating habits as a result of recovery(cake for dinner=better than no food!). When people say 'Sometimes I forget to eat', that's me! It's not intentional, but having got used to ignoring hunger, it becomes something you have to check for. If I'm working and busy I can easily go until bedtime and have to mentally go back through my day to see if I've eaten or not and if I should go get something.
    5-I'm in roughly £3k debt as a result of some bad decisions, hoping to have it paid off in the next few months(just lost my job though, fffff!).
    6-I find it hard to trust people and I usually don't. As mentioned above, I can know and be friends with people for years at a time while telling them virtually nothing about myself. It surprises me how easy it is to do, I've been called on it maybe 3 times. Online I'm more open because frankly, I know I can chose to never talk to people again/block them/make new IM accounts/etc. at any time, which leads to...
    7-I have a lot of strong friendships online. I wouldn't consider myself a loner and I don't spend all my time on the internet, I'm out with real friends often and have a decent social life, but I really value the friendships I've made online. I love my online friends!
    8-I have virtually no memory for anything numerical. I can do maths in my head, but I can't remember my best friend's phone number, measurements for a recipe I use daily, when your birthday is ten minutes after you've told me, what the date is today(even though I've checked it multiple times) and if we've arranged to meet and I haven't written down the time, you can expect a call(if I have your number in my phone that is...).
    9-Possibly related to 8, I have zero memory for dates/timelines. I don't know when most things in my life have happened without checking with other people or working it out from known/noted events. I don't know what year my sister got married or even roughly how many years ago it would be, I'm not sure how old my dog is or how many years my friend has been with her boyfriend(even though I was there when they met), I have no clue how old I was when I worked at xyz place. I have to keep my cv updated as it happens or I won't be able to do it so I use my cv as a timeline to work out other memories from.
    10-I have difficulty processing the spoken word. I'm not deaf and don't have hearing difficulties of any kind, but often when people talk, I don't hear words, just noise. Watching people as they talk generally helps and sometimes it slowly clicks into place a few minutes later. Weird and obvious though it sounds, this is something people don't notice, it doesn't greatly affect my daily life, I generally run through likely conversations until I hit one where my brain tells me that's what they said. Hard to explain, haha. It's only speech that gives me this problem, I can listen to a song and hear the words, random noise is heard normally, etc. I'm assuming it's some kind of poor development issue and Idid have hearing problems as a child, so could be related to that.
    11-I don't like to be touched by anyone I'm not either: In a relationship with or am attracted to or is male and a close friend. Not in a sexual way, just the little touches people make in friendly ways/strangers who insist on hugging, etc. I don't make noise about it and it's not like 'omg get off me', I just don't like it. However, conversely...
    12-If I'm in a relationship with someone, I want cuddles and affection. I want to sleep with you curled around me, I want your hand in mine when I walk down the street. I'm not HM about it, but I can't maintain relationships with people who can't show affection.
    13-I'm comfortable/open about sex. In relationships, I walk around naked, talk about what I like and dislike, speak up if I'm unhappy with our sex life(and expect my partner to do the same!), shares desires and fantasies, talk dirty and I'm willing to try most things at least once. One of my favourite things to do is swap bad-sex stories and I have a great friend who shares all his creepy/fail tales and listens to mine, awesome friend! It makes me sad that a lot of people are so shy/unconfident about sex, the best sex is with people who talk and listen and let go of their insecurities, imho. I'm ridiculously insecure about my looks, but I let it go when I'm in the bedroom(...and elsewhere :p). If I like you enough to be in a relationship with you, it is on from day one.
    14-I care whether people like me or not. Most people say otherwise, but I find it hard to believe! If someone I liked didn't like me, I'd be upset about it.
    15-I don't want to hold your newborn, thanks. Yes, they're adorable and warm and awww, but it's too much responsibility, I don't want to drive your mercedes for the same reasons, but your car is insured/replaceable :p Once it's a bit more robust-looking, I'll be first in line for the baby cuddles, it's just that horribly fragile look they have when they're new that puts me off.

And because I know I've just portrayed myself as the world's weirdest person...I have a normal social life, a high IQ and I'm not a crackhead. Pretty sure I don't have a brain tumor and people don't run from me in the street. I have plenty of friends and am don't spend my time sad and lonely :p In all honesty, the brain-tumor-y issues are probably due to lack of sleep. In the last eight years, I've slept like a normal person for around ...twelve months, perhaps?

4. MissWacy

MissWacy New Member

no ones perfect :wink: im very comfterble when it comes to sex aswell, i like what i like, if i have no desire for certain things sexually then it is what it is

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Damn you sound pretty amazing. Anymore like you at home? lol

6. 11eleven11

11eleven11 New Member

Aww, don't pick on me! I know I'm messed up, but I'm a genuinely nice person with it, honest. :smt005

@Tasty: high five!

7. The Dark King

I was actually paying you compliment. Its ok to accept them sweetheart lol

8. 11eleven11

11eleven11 New Member

I'm English, we have a self-deprecating sense of humour and a tendency to assume sarcasm :p

But thank you for the compliment :smt008

9. z

z Well-Known Member

I can relate to this.

Interesting

10. 11eleven11

11eleven11 New Member

I don't meet the requirements for aspergers/any other autisic spectrum conditions, I don't have any known brain damage, I don't use drugs or drink heavily :p Brain tumor is unlikely due to lack of other symptoms. I do have *insignificant kidney failure(which can cause memory issues), but my blood/urine tests are normal atm. Any other thoughts? :p

*One failed kidney, one superior kidney at last intense kidney exam 10+ years ago. No other symptoms or indication of kidney failure at this point.

11. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Just curious but did you have your memory condition prior to going through your eating disorder phase? If not, then that would be my guess that it may have something to do with it. If you've had the memory condition before then....then you got me.... :confused:

12. z

z Well-Known Member

what is causing your kidney failure? anybody in your family with Alport syndrome?

13. King Fox

King Fox Member

Well now, I'm glad I'm not the only one who does it. ;)

14. foxyred

foxyred Active Member

1, Im afraid of the dark. (I wont go out unless Im with someone else).
    2, Ive never smoked a cigarette.
    3, I only like plain chocolate (nothing with fruit or nuts in it)
    4, I don’t like fish or birds as pets
    5, My favourite film is Team America
    6, When I was younger I had a mad crush on my friends bf.
    7, I was shy when I was younger (I mean really shy. I never answered questions in school or even looked guys I liked in the eye)
    8, I have tried drugs.
    9, My first black guy was with a one night stand.
    10, I once took skydiving lessons but chickened out before the first jump.
    11, I hate onions.
    12, I cried watching Shrek 2.
    13, I drink way too much coffee.
    14, Ive only ever been in love once.
    15, I cant think of 15 things.

15. curleyblonde

curleyblonde New Member

1. I prefer to drink iced water out of a wine glass, soft drink too.
    2. I have only ever had relationships with black men.
    3. Never been with a white man.
    4. I recently made a major career change, bet no one could guess it.
    5. I am dating someone who is 10 years younger then me. :D
    6. I can raise one eye brow.
    7. I have a tattoo.
    8. I wake up chirpy, never use to be a morning person.
    9. My hair is the longest I have ever had it, down to the top of my booty.
    10. I am addicted to wearing lipgloss.
    11. My toe nails are always painted.
    12. My favaourite colour is black.
    13. There are a few sets of twins in my family generation.
    14. I am addicted to coffee but only allowing myself one a day.
    15. I have never cheated on a partner.

Your turn.

16. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Number 5, fuck yeah.

17. The Dark King

Let me guess stripper??? lol

18. RestlessRita

RestlessRita Well-Known Member

1. I have 5 tattoos.
    2. I married my divorce attorney, and now am divorcing him.
    3 . I was honored to meet Oprah Winfrey in person.
    4. I have become great friends with two young men from this site.
    5. I never watch TV.
    6. I love the Miami Heat.
    7. My money has to be in numeric order and facing the same way in my wallet.
    8. I had a lover (Jamaican) 20 years younger than me!
    9. I LOVE black men (Oh, I guess you already know that).
    10. I am a bit compulsive.
    11. Have a terrible knee which frustrates me because I love to dance.
    12. I am a realtor.
    13. I love the theater.
    14. I want to relocate to California one day.
    15. I adore my family and am so grateful for them.

19. suzieb

suzieb New Member

1. I have never had a broken bone
    2. I lost both my parents before I was 30
    3. I have two sisters and no brothers
    4. I have been type one diabetic since I was 15 (27 years now)
    5. I am afraid of heights and deep water
    6. I have been in ''love'' with Sylvester Stallone pretty much my whole adult life hahaha, since Rocky was released! Bit weird lol, but I don't care :p
    7. I have a ps2
    8. I have no pets
    9. I used to be afraid of the dark, pretty much all up until I moved to the house I am in now, in 2010
    10. I really cannot stand to be barefoot
    11. I am a compulsive eater, and it is a daily battle to beat it, but beat it I do
    12. I hate my teeth....a lot!
    13. I was bullied at school, never physically though
    14. I was a huge Michael Jackson fan right up until around the early 2,000's, when it faded off because of having kids and stuff
    15. I have no interest in any sport whatsoever

20. Gemini74

Gemini74 Well-Known Member

1. I found my mom dying on the floor when i was age 8
    2. i was locked up by my dad and stepmother for an entire year in my room when i was 13
    3. i was working in an old ppl nursery home from age 13-18 every weekend, public holiday and school holidays
    4. i tried to commit suicide when i was 16 and got saved last minute
    5. i ran from home when i was 18 and been homeless for 2 months
    6. i made an apprentice as bank business management assistant
    7. i was forced by my ex husband to abortion his child
    8. i m divorced
    9. i m crazy enough to get married again
    10. i ve been almost killed by my ex
    11. i havent given up believing in the good in men
    12. i love my three cats
    13. i lost my heart to a man who doesnt feel the same way for me recently
    14. i will never give up on something or somebody i believe in
    15. i m still smiling :D