Woman Wears Camera To Show The Harassment She Endures Walking In NYC (Video)

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by qwils86, Oct 28, 2014.

1. djeanp7898

djeanp7898 New Member

All the b.s. aside, here in America it seems like it's not acceptable or appropriate for a man to approach a woman in public, and it seems that women generally don't like it, however, when most women see a man that they actually DO like, they'll do absolutely NOTHING to try to make the connection happen.

Men are damned if they do, damned if they don't.

2. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

There's a way to approach a woman without being a caveman about it

3. djeanp7898

djeanp7898 New Member

Of course I know this, but it seems like women don't even want to be approached by men that are outside of their social circles (work, school, or friends).

4. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

There may be should be a study on this. I've often seen it the opposite.
    Maybe it is location based?

5. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Depends...i saw an article on this woman talking about european countries are worst ehen it comes to street harassment...

I have to find it. It was a huffington post artocle

6. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I meant in usual interactions and not so much street harassment.

I think he was stating that women tend to only date people in their life circle. If you aren't in the life circle, then tough nuggies. I'm saying the opposite. Most people in that circle are women. Unless she is a lesbian, she will have to look else where. The guys in the circle are friend zoned. It may be different in different sections of dating.

7. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Yeah...ok. i see.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  8. z

z Well-Known Member

9. goodlove

goodlove New Member

10. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

They are. They get physical too. They follow you too, very unnerving. Or they come up to you on their Vespas and harass you to get on. They "ride" along-side with you, telling you how hot you are.

In FJ, I remember disembarking at the dock, and these bunch of local men greeted the(us) females coming off the cruise ship by sticking their tongues through a wire fence's holes (put up to keep them back) and saying over and over, "I wanna lick your clit" I want to lick your pussy". It was startling. :smt104

12. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Video or it didn't happen

13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

In the video above that Majestic posted, the man told the woman a remedy for it is, women should admonish men who cat call them if they don't like it, and the female responded that's a ridiculous idea because it might incite the man to harm her...so your link story is proof she was correct.

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Come inside my head... you will see it clear as day. I was 18 then... and I was doing security detail for the ship through a Martial Arts company they hired, and even I was horrified. My sister who has done the trip numerous times warned me, too, lol. Fucking bizarre.

15. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Well gotdamn

16. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

It sounds a lot like working corrections at a men's prison. That is the kind of idiot behavior you typically get from inmates. Of course, most of us have had to deal with men in the free world doing that kind of shit on a damn near daily basis. *shudders*

17. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I couldn't imagine working as a CO lol

Daily trash talk by the crazed horde....no thanks

18. Tamstrong

It's actually easier to take when it's coming from inmates; it's just something that goes with the territory. Dealing with it is also easier & in many respects safer than it is on the outside. I learned some pretty effective ways of shutting that shit down that probably wouldn't be as safe for me to use out on the street. What's sad is that type of behavior is something we shouldn't have to expect when we're out & about, but unfortunately that's not the case.

19. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Holy shit. Yeah I got nothing for that. I want to ask men who do that whether it actually works. I will never understand the mind of a catcaller.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm normal because I've never even considered catcalling women when I'm out in public. Yikes.

20. Tamstrong

Yes, you are a normal, respectful, respectable, classy man who knows how behave like a grown ass man and who knows how to respect women & yourself.

Just because that fool behavior is commonplace doesn't make it normal. That crap is the common behavior of common men who have no respect for women or themselves.