Woman tries to prevent black man entering condo...

Discussion in 'In the News' started by JUANMACKER, Oct 17, 2018.

1. JUANMACKER

JUANMACKER Active Member

2. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

I saw the vid. IMO she was drunk and being a natural bitch...and was flirting with dude at the same time.

That said, you can't do some George Zimmerman shit and think you can decide who should and shouldn't be in your apartment complex.

Personally, I would have cussed her out AND called the police to get her out my face.

That brotha was so controlled on the vid, meanwhile I was losing my mind watching her bullshit.lol.
    I mean damn, she followed him to his apartment door while he was putting in HIS own key and she still giving my man grief.

Some people...!

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

She was married.

To me, she seemed tipsy and flirty, otherwise why follow him into the elevator??? Makes no sense.
    No woman concerned for her safety follows any person into an elevator.

She should have just called the cops from the start if she felt uneasy because he tried to piggy back into the building using her access.

She was interviewed yesterday and said he physically shoved her aside (again, another readon not to get into the elevator with him) and she said she did it "because they are instructed by the management to question anyone entering the building not using their fob."
    A flash of his fob would have taken care of it.

4. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

People are so triggered to just call any interracial altercation racist it's dumbing folks down to what racism is. I agree with both of you but the only thing I'm sorry about for this woman is now she is going to be called and mislabeled that for a long time.

5. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Fuck her.

Also, whether or not this incident is race related, marrying a black person does not make you incapable of being racist

6. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I would have just slowly forced the door open and kept it moving. She would have got angry but the universe would still be intact. No fucks given.

8. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Gotta be careful there from a legal perspective, if forcing the door open (no matter how slowly, and even though she is impeding your progress) leads to her falling and injuring herself, or losing her balance and injuring herself, ect., you could be held legally liable.

9. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

It is also why context matters. Nothing about this particular case sticks out to me that would say she did this because she is racist.

10. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Facts. My boy's wife is racist af. Got mixed kids and everything. He is a really, hard core, christian conservative. So, of course he doesn't see it that way. ...lol

11. MixedCalifornian

MixedCalifornian Active Member

Dude could have easily diffused the situation by showing his key. Instead he did his whole "I don't need to answer questions." I would have probably closed the door on him if anyone responded like that if I inquired to someone trying to follow me into a building. Its also obvious that she didn't actually feel "unsafe" or "creeped out." she literally went with him to be alone in the elevator. I also find it amazing she had the audacity to pretend to be a good neighbor. I have to say if you think someone is a burglar do not act like this lady.

Thing is I could have easily seen a scenario where she called the cops and he ended up being arrested. Especially if he didn't record it. Its why if I was in his situation I would have just showed my key.

12. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Agreed! I get dude's position/frustration, but for the sake of avoiding issues, escalation and such, I probably would've simply held up my keyfob for her to see. Can't speak for others, but when I'm approaching a controlled entrance at home or work, I tend to have my keyfob/ID (to swipe or flash to security) at the ready. On the young lady's part... I can understand, but she likely saw the man approaching, and perhaps she should've stepped outside (to let the door close) which would've forced him to use his keyfob. Not to be sexist, but with the reality of men generally being physically stronger than women.. I also find it interesting that she'd put herself in a potentially dangerous situation since she stated that she was uncomfortable. At the least that was very naive of her.

13. K

K Well-Known Member

Agreed. If either of them had an issue, they could have just let the door shut and he could have let himself in. No problem.

14. andreboba

As a BM I would have rolled my eyes and showed her my key too, just to make sure this female doesn't flip.

15. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

You guys sound ridiculous. The cops are one thing but I refuse to play 1950s southern boy to appease the delicate racist sensibilities of assholes. What exactly would be the line? White people get to demand our IDs on sight so they feel more comfortable? Maybe a copy of our credit report to be really sure we can afford to be in the building. You never know could have stolen the fab from some poor white person. I think what he did was perfect expose her ass and she loses her job. That's a great deterrent. I'm not living like I've done something wrong its unacceptable to be treated like that.

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I thought he didn't have his key. If he did, why not just show it lol.

I'm all about doing things the easy way.

17. andreboba

Have you ever lived in a key entry building??? If you don't know someone, it's really shitty to trail someone at the door just to get in mainly because it looks suspicious.

Add the fact that it's a female and I just wouldn't do something like that wiithout being very clear I lived in the building too.

Of course he was under no obligation to prove to this woman he lived in the building, but he shouldn't IMO have been that close behind her to get in without using his key.

I still think she took it too far, but he really could have cooled the situation at the beginning.

It's like going through a glass turnstile to enter a building. Wait your turn, don't get in with me.

I just would have shown her my key. No ID.lol

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  18. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I would agree if this wasn't benign behavior when someone else did it

19. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Men roll eyes? :D:)
    I thought they give death stares and such.

20. andreboba

Yeah, men roll 'em too.

But mine isn't like this......[​IMG]

More like this......[​IMG]