Who has the worst time - ww&bm or wm&bw?

Discussion in 'Dealing with Prejudice' started by maiseycat, Feb 21, 2007.

1. LA

LA Well-Known Member

Yes, he does.

It is necessary in order to prove the point.

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Excuse me?

3. LA

LA Well-Known Member

That wasn't a serious statement that I made previously.

4. The Dark King

It was part of the act. You know these mofos love a good light skin vs dark skin thread lol :cool:

Gotta say you fuckers are back on the come up around these parts. Damn Drake.
    When Fifty and Tyrese were killing it white girls were loving the kid now all these pretty light skin nuccas are fucking up the game lol

It's the 80s all over again.... minus the jerry curls lol

5. LA

LA Well-Known Member

I just watched 'Coming To America' again today.

Man, those Jerrys were nasty.

[​IMG]

6. The Dark King

Just let your soul glow!!!

I seriously don't get why anyone thought that was hot lol but then again I wanted that eraser head hair cut like kid and play. My dad would never let it happen lol

7. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

[​IMG]

8. mrs45030

mrs45030 New Member

WW & BM

It has been a few years but Black men and White women have a much tougher time being accepted.

9. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

right off the top of my head, i would have made that assertion

given the overall status of WM in this country, i'd say it would be easier for them in just about any situation

10. Daggerrrrrr

Daggerrrrrr New Member

No doubt in my mind its ww&mb.

11. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

White women & Mexican boys???!! :shock:

Yeah. I know. it was a typo. :cool:

12. Jase

Jase Active Member

BM/WW seems worst to me. Not that it's a competition. I know BW/WM couples go through bullshit too. But WM pretty much being on the top societal wise always seemed to offer their non-white partners SOME semblance of protection. BM/WW couples are pretty much on their own. Kind of reminds me of how despite the fact homophobia in this country is rampant, lesbians are more accepted than gays. People might hate IR, and IR involving Blacks especially, but they're much more tolerant of the BW/WM than the BM/WW.

That's one reason why I'll never understand why people think Black men feel that being with a WW is "marrying/dating up" for us. Like it doesn't come with a hell of a lot of problems if you're living in the wrong area or have to deal with racist family members or co-workers or friends. Not to mention the fact most people hate your relationship and many will act on it consciously or subconsciously. Hell I've been stared down and harassed just for walking with white female friends.

13. The Dark King

Amen brotha. Not to mention I rarely if ever hear about anyone else getting lynched for their interest or pursuit of women outside of their race like we do. Great point about the homophobia.

14. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Why is this even a thread

15. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

Lol

16. Daggerrrrrr

Daggerrrrrr New Member

LOL

17. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Boom. That's it, no further commentary needed. LOL

18. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

A few female cousins on my mother's side and my father's side have married white men. A couple of guys on both sides have also married white women. I guess they get stares and all that. But I am thankful they are not harmed in any way.

19. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

Both have it hard but I think ww and bm have it even harder.

Have you guys ever seen Tyra Bank's Racial Perceptions episode? The video pretty much answers this question. No one in the group had much of anything negative to say about the WM and BW couple that was shown on the video.

20. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

U guys could be getting serious booty if you didn't sit around worrying about stuff like this