White women that love black men, but are not "woke"

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by GAmomlisa, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

We are mix-happy, but still have a very long way to go before everyone is mixed.

2. hulkx

hulkx Active Member

Especially in recent years, things appear more mix-happy than ever. With no signs of that trend slowing down.

3. Othello1967

Othello1967 Active Member

Do they regret their selection?

4. Edith40

Edith40 Member

I think that's good

5. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

I almost forgot how entertaining the forums were....and how much has changed since. And not just the cosmetic bits.

Regarding the current topic at hand, I do not think I will have much rapport, let alone an interest in a woman who is unwilling to at least listen and not feel like they have to control the narrative that they have little understanding of, and quite frankly, it almost feels like there is a level of hypersexual fetishism that's heavily rooted in distant-minded women who wish to pursue a relationship with a black man.

6. teddebear07

teddebear07 Active Member

i would rather date a woman who is smart and a decent human being . I personally would not be interested in a woman who is "woke" . that means we would be talking about
    racism a lot , and eveyone who does not like us is "racist" . A black man is what I am but it's not who I am . I am me .....an individual .

7. bilbo

bilbo Active Member

Do not date a white woman unless she has a set of political and social attitudes that points the arrow forward not backwards. Do not fuck around and wind up with an equivocating Bliss-type of chick.

A equivocating sister is a female coon. Don't give a white woman a pass when you wouldn't for a sister.

8. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

This is probably the best answer in this thread. I don't want to seriously date a "woke" SJW. This is the problem I had with the thread & never posted in here before. What does the OP mean by "woke"?

The OP is in her 40's so I guess she probably doesn't understand that the term "woke" lost it's meaning years ago because of overusage, the term being used out of context, & folks not knowing the real meaning. In 2018 (or 2017 when this thread was created) it's so cheesy & corny to use the term "woke". It's now just a pretentious term you associate with liberal SJWs

9. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

I get Teddebear's point, but I personally would want her to be at least somewhat woke. In the perfect world (which we've gotten even further from with this POTUS) I think that would be the way to go. Unfortunately, I don't see that POC, and non-POC who love them have that luxury. Sure, we shouldn't be consumed by problems of racism and so on, but I think it's important that she understands problems that BM will face, likewise, it's important for me to understand that she'll face problems being a female as well as being with a BM.

10. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

All good answers. I think it could sum up to being find someone that is at least just self aware of the world we live in. An outsider. Niether Liberal or Conservative. Just a human being wanting no part of this mess, but understand we have to protect ourselves and stay aware of those that will oppose us because of the color of our skin, because of our gender and because we are a interracial couple.

Basically the opposite of this. lol.
    [​IMG]

11. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

That is true.

12. Deztiny26

Deztiny26 Member

No keep that woke shit I jus want a high quality individual ... I despise social justice warriors wit a passion

13. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

So personally, I feel like there are many ignorant people in the world and some are unfortunately very shallow

and don’t educate themselves about social injustices in this world

I have to say that raising biracial children, especially my boys taught me a lot about social injustice. My youngest son ran into some trouble with the law and he was treated very poorly because she was not white. it’s especially frustrating hearing my son talk about the white cop provoking him, by calling him “boy” and telling him to shut up several times, trying to get a reaction out of my skn so that he could get him into more trouble than he was already facing.

A year or so ago, I found myself in a situation that I’ve never been in simply because my boyfriend (who is black) was pulled over by the police and I became immediately terrified because all of the police brutality towards blacks in the news, careful that something bad was going to happen...it’s just surreal when you think about it because while you’re aware of the way the world is and how things are changing and then how much things are the same and you’re never quite in the moment until something hits close to home.

To me I feel like you’re doing yourself a disservice, especially the person you’re dating if you’re not aware of the issues they face every day you need to be able to put yourself in their shoes... especially when you have children it becomes even clearer how much they really don’t fit into the mold society makes for them ...

14. missshyness

missshyness Active Member

wow, why the hate towards them? bad experience with one? i am for social justice, but i would not call myself a warrior exactly, but i do think it is important to be aware.

instead, i try to be the best i can be and treat people as fairly as i know.

15. Deztiny26

Deztiny26 Member

I personally feel like in 2018 us black folk keep making excuses on our struggles instead of grabbing the bull by its horns ... Im a victor and not a victim so although I acknowledge racism still exists, I feel its nowhere near as prominent as people are making it out to be ... Now in terms of the social justice warriors I see most are doing it for cool points and likes ... We are not the only minorites in America who are fighting racism but yet we do the most crying ... Asians barely are visible in Hollywood, sports, and the entertainment industry period ... Hispanics are barely visible in sports ... Do we hear them crying 24/7? We have so many opportunities then ever before ... Compared to Nigeria where my parents are from, there are kids who not only starve day in day out but walk on the street without shoes on their feet in 2018 ... I guess I just see the glass half full instead of half empty .. Its not great for us yet but Im grateful for the opportunities we have in society right now

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. Madeleine

Thanks for putting in this perspective.
    From my experience Nigerians (am sure other Aricans as well) have very little understanding for a lot of „Western complaints“. When you come from a background of material lack you become very existentialist. Food to eat? Kids go to school? Everybody healthy? That means it’s going well in life. Most Africans see nothing but opportunity in The US. They can work 2 jobs , study, send money home and make it in life. They don’t think about discrimination because the opportunities are still so much greater than in their home countries. Even in terms of police brutality or abuse of power the average Nigerian experiences that more at home than in the US. So yeah, there’s no African anywhere who will pity African Americans for their situation. And the thing is, they are really making it. Nigerians are among the best educated, most successful immigrant communities in the US.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  17. Deztiny26

Deztiny26 Member

Now you can see fully where Im coming from right? I was born and raised in America but spent a few years in Nigeria ... Because of that experience I just tend to not overreact to things because I know firsthand how tough life can REALLY get ... Besides, like you said, the Nigerians who leave those third world countries and come here are truly excelling

18. missshyness

missshyness Active Member

ok, thanks for explaining, that sounds like a very good, positive and affirmative attitude, i like the idea of refusing to be a victim. that is understandable when one comes from any time spent in a poorer country. i too, pause and try to be grateful.

19. Madeleine

LOL...I know Nigeria and Nigerians (been there several times and have known my husband for 15 years now) so yeah understand where you are coming from.
    I once made the mistake of asking my sister in law (with whom I have a close , confidential relationship) about a marital issue I had because I wanted to hear somebody else’s perspective. Now I don’t do this often, I normally keep my marital issues between me and my husband so you should know that it was fairly serious. After about one hour of talking and explaining she came to the conclusion that I don’t even have any problem because after all „he’s taking care of me and my kids“ (which is pretty much the only thing Nigerian women really expect of their husbands). So I’m not making the mistake of asking her such a thing again because Nigerians don’t have time and energy for emotional problems;-))
    And btw if you ever want to marry an oyinbo woman you should know that we expect a lot more than the average Nigerian, so consider carefully ;)

20. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

You're Nigerian that's the answer. Not raised with the American matriarchal victimhood slave mentality