When you joined this forum - what was your story?

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by FEHG, Oct 24, 2008.

1. FEHG

FEHG Well-Known Member

I was just thinking. After a while on here, you see a lot of repeat names and get to know a little bit of people's stories. Other people, we know nothing. To each their own.

I was wondering.

1. What was your "status" when you joined up?
    2. What were you hoping to get from this forum/site?
    3. Has either of those changed since you joined?

So, did you come on here with un-fulfilled desires? Did you just stumble across it after years of IR? Did you have a one-off like me that changed your mind? And where are you now? In the same relationship? Hooked up from this site? Explored more because of the support on here? Or have you changed your mind and decided it's not for you?

------

For me it was over 1 year ago that I joined.

I was in a new IR relationship - the first one - and I was acting on a fairly recent desire that came out of the end of a long relationship. My eyes were opened and I saw BM and I can no longer see anything else. :D

I was hoping to meet intelligent, like minded people to discuss the issues associated with IR. I have not become a memeber and won't of the dating part. I'm not looking to pick up from here...but I wouldn't rule it out either.

Yes - I am now single and I have learnt a lot and "met" some really smart and interesting people on here. It's usually good for a laugh too.

2. Persephone

Persephone New Member

I googled something and this site popped up. I didn't know anyone else who was dating a black guy, and I was, and I was curious. Mostly I just wanted to talk to other people who probably had similar issues with family disliking the relationship. Plus, frankly, until last year I had no regular contact with people who weren't white. It wasn't until I moved to Houston that I found any diversity in the people around me, and I was very ignorant of a lot of things.

I guess I was just looking for support, in the end, because I didn't and don't get that from my family, and some of my friends. Well, ex friends. But you get the idea.

Definitely didn't join looking for love, since at the time I was in a relationship. Never thought I'd ever actually meet anyone from here, either, but now ChosenOne is my bestest friend ever and I'm moving to Dallas.

Funny how it works out that way.

3. Bryant

Bryant New Member

This is a nice thread :p

I was single when i joined up. I've learned so much from being here, which is the reason why i'll always be a member, even when everybody else has come and gone....and there are quite a few who have come and gone already.:-| Anyway, I always had an attraction for white girls, but had no idea how to pursue something like that. I was deafly afraid of approaching them and being shot down, out of fear that they wouldn't be interested in dating black guys. But being here has matured me so much. I've gone from such an insecure young man, to a more confident "man." :cool:

I had no intention of meeting anybody on this site. I just liked the discussion, and the personalities. But you know what they say.....you always meet somebody in the strangest places, when you least expect it. Me and DI instantly clicked from the first moment we exchanged messages on this forum. She is wonderful, and i feel so lucky and blessed to have someone so special. :smt057

I am extremely happy for DisposableHeroine and TheChosenOne. This forum is meant for discussion, but i think your chances of finding somebody special are far greater in here, than on any other average dating site.;)

4. Sir Nose

Sir Nose New Member

1. Married to a WW for 19 yrs and stumbled upon this site while surfing.

2. Shared experiences from being in an IR relationship. Shared joys of BM-WW attraction.

3. Yup. It is exciting to see how relationships between BM-WW have become so much more open and common recently. Also it is intriguing to have an insight to what WW are thinking and feeling about BM since they can express themselves anonymously here. I also love the international flavor.

5. dj4monie

dj4monie New Member

This site has never been the "Hook Up" site some might have wanted it too be.

Guess that means I'm officially fugly or something I guess that's why.

Random people have hooked up, Bryant you aren't the first, you wan't be the last.

I come here mostly to beat back the corn-ball thinking some people have.

6. Complex

Complex New Member

7. life5577

life5577 New Member

This site and what it means to me...

I joined this site back in July of this year. Technically I was online looking for some pictures of black men with with women and this site came up. I have never been one to hang aound and make a site my home but this one seemed quite unique and I liked the vibe I got from it, even though the majority or folks on here thought I was a dude.....

When I joined I was in a long term relationship with a brotha whom I adored to the fullest....but that has now ended and I am no longer with him. I have been pretty active on this site and probably will be for a very long time.

What kept me on this site once everyone realized I was a female, was the opinions and differences that in a wierd kinda way united everyone....

I have gotten close with a few from here but never intended on looking for love here...but for those that have, congrats and I hope the future brings you all the best.

I live in Arizona and aint many on here that live near me, but that is ok.....

Good post! You guys are great!

8. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Well-Known Member

I joined because I was bored one day....very random...but glad I stayed!

9. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

I only joined recently, I had been searching the internet for information regarding IR relationships. I am in the first one I have ever been in, and for me it's a first of a lot of things. I am only looking for an education. I liked the honesty I see in the postings.

You see, I never really dated anyone before. I had met my ex husband when I was 7 and married him at 17, it was mostly a long distance relationship. So we never dated, not in the since of him taking me to a dinner, movie or other place with the intention of getting to know each other.

So my search was for information on relationships and dating also. I was terrified to date at all. But this wonderful guy just wouldn't be ignored.

He took me on the first real date I had ever been on at the age of 45.
    (It was perfect!) :smt052

So I really am very naive. You all have been very helpful in understanding men, and especially black men. I know I have a lot to learn. I plan to stick around a while but I don't have the time to check it out as often as I'd like.

I've been reading a lot of the older threads, and they are really good.

10. Moskvichka

Moskvichka New Member

She's also blessed to have met you. From what I feel, she's happy. May the Lord bless the two of you. Hopefully one day I'll be sending her a wedding ecard, since I have her email address!:cool:

11. Bryant

Bryant New Member

Thanks so much Mosk. That means a lot.:p:p

And yes, keep that wedding ecard ready! I'm definitely hoping that you'll have to use it one day soon!;)

12. Malik True

Malik True New Member

EXCELLENT TOPIC...
    This should be a STICKY in this section. I will ask the Web-Slinger if he could make it happen...

My wife is Russian and I am a black man, just thought I could contribute to the community that I am apart of and learn something....

13. fly girl

fly girl Well-Known Member

I was a regular member of Mindkandys debate site. This site was mentioned a lot and I would occasionally pop over to see what the brewhaha was all about.

I was married when I first started, and I am married now. Just to a different man. Never had any children.

I dont really post regularly on any forum anymore.

14. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Good thread y'all.

15. rotfl!!:eek:

16. Leksola

Leksola New Member

I was googling around for something I was researching.

I was in an IR relationship, still am.

Definately not looking to hook up, even if I was single.

I don't really feel that I need the 'support' because I don't care what those I don't know think of my life, and those who love me will support me in whatever I do.

It's just interesting to read other people's views.

17. Sir Nose

Sir Nose New Member

Can you provide a link to that site? Thanks.

18. Complex

Complex New Member

The message board offers so many sub forums one does wonder where to begin. I have not registered as of yet for, I would like to review the forum to see if I won’t regret it in the end.

http://www.mindkandy.com/

Cheers!

19. Sir Nose

Sir Nose New Member

Thanks!

20. Poetic1

Poetic1 New Member

Status: At the time, I had been divorced, after a twenty year marriage, for four years. I was unattached and wasn't looking to meet anyone so much as I was trying to find someplace where others may share my ideas on Interracial Relationships and life in general.

What did I hope to find/get from this site...what were my expectations?: Being a bit older that most on this site and a bit of a cynic, I didn't expect much. That said, I have been pleasantly surprised. This site is not typical of most IR related sites I have visited over the years. People here have minds and they think and don't just spout off...most times. There is a real "wanting to know and share" and I like and appreciate that. Actually, I am, more than you will ever know, glad to see that this is not some site where women are trying to out thug (I am being polite) the next woman (but showing their intelligence instead) or where guys are running around (figuratively speaking of course) trying to see just how many "inkwells" they can get their pens in (instead they are injecting that piece of themselves which stands out greatest - their personality). In short, people come off real with not much fluff and a helluva lot of substance. That is what I had wanted but had not expected...and I find that that is the situation more so today that six years ago when I first joined this site.

Has anything changed...what has occurred in my life as a result - direct or otherwise - of my participation?: When I look back, I did meet a woman who had, at least, seen my profile in the personals. We were together for about a year or so...she lived in the Woodstock-Kingston area of New York State. Other changes are few but a major one is that I participate here more than I do on any other site. As well, I am finding that more and more folk from other sites, who I have seen over the years, are coming to this site for substance...and that is a good thing.

So, to sum up, I am finding myself feeling more and more comfortable here and I think I will hang around much longer...

Take Care
    Rick