What's your Meyers Briggs TYPE?

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by TheHuntress, Apr 13, 2011.

1. TheHuntress

TheHuntress Well-Known Member

I'd say it speaks to the very nature of introverts. I think a forum naturally lends itself to attracting "IN" types. It would be interesting to explore for more formal research purposes, at least to me. :)

What do you think about the number of INTJs hanging about?

2. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

I was going to say the same thing. It's easy for introverted people to have a voice here, whereas in real-life it might be difficult (it is for me, anyway).

3. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Introverts in the Briggs Myers thingy does not mean what we usually have it mean. Its not about what you mentioned.

Myers-Briggs literature uses the terms extraversion and introversion as Jung first used them. Extraversion means "outward-turning" and introversion means "inward-turning."[20] These specific definitions vary somewhat from the popular usage of the words. Note that extraversion is the spelling used in MBTI publications.
    The preferences for extraversion and introversion are often called as attitudes. Briggs and Myers recognized that each of the cognitive functions can operate in the external world of behavior, action, people, and things (extraverted attitude) or the internal world of ideas and reflection (introverted attitude). The MBTI assessment sorts for an overall preference for one or the other.
    People who prefer extraversion draw energy from action: they tend to act, then reflect, then act further. If they are inactive, their motivation tends to decline. To rebuild their energy, extraverts need breaks from time spent in reflection. Conversely, those who prefer introversion expend energy through action: they prefer to reflect, then act, then reflect again. To rebuild their energy, introverts need quiet time alone, away from activity.

So IN types can be both Introverted as we usually tend to mean it or not. For example, most INTJ types probably do not have one bit difficulty finding their voice in real life based on what they are about.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  4. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Okay that makes sense, especially the bolded at the end for me because I have no problem voicing myself when needed.

5. FG

FG Well-Known Member

I don't think ant INTJ would, just going by the description of them. I'm one, and I surely don't find it hard to find my voice in the real world. What you highlighted earlier of INTJ is exactly how I operate as well, btw. LOL

6. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

The description fits me well. I'm not too strong explaining myself in many moments. I often stutter when I try and formulate my statements. For some reason, my mind often "rushes", so my speech aren't in unison with my thoughts.

Also, I'm pretty soft-spoken. I have a difficult time projecting my voice and again, lack any sense of real articulation. You may not know it initially until you pay careful to my patterns.

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Yeah. There are too many people playing office politics for my liking where I work and more times than not it interferes with the work we are getting payed for and I end up having to do things at times I shouldn't have to do, especially when it comes to certain things that some of my higher ups should be responsible for.

8. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Yes of course and Introvert in the Myer Briggs Personality Typing could be an introvert or an extrovert as we usually mean it. That was my point:)
    An Introvert by Myer Briggs Typing is not automatically an introvert by how we usually take the word to mean, that was all I was trying to say. If you read about the MBPT, it is even discussed.

9. ReginaStar

ReginaStar New Member

I got the same

10. FG

FG Well-Known Member

I'm totally with you.
    I feel the same way. Problem is that playing the office politics often pays off and less capable people get promoted that way. I think this is something I need to work on as I don't play office politics and have a disdain for management if they are worthless. I have to be smarter about it.

11. Morning Star

You know more than you're leading us on, FG. :)

12. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Same with me but I have somewhat of a plus. Since I'm one of the capable people, the less capable higher ups tend to not try to piss me off because that's like cutting their own throats when it comes to getting things done properly and in a timely manner. :cool:

13. FG

FG Well-Known Member

What would that be????
    :)

14. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

Same for me. I cannot be a buttlicker to get ahead. I have been promoted numerous timess without doing it but I am sure if I had the stomach for it, it would work in my favor to play the games.

15. Morning Star

You're a government agent and a double odd-spy! YEAH!

16. celticboy04

celticboy04 Member

Though I am an introvert, the woman I currently have feelings for is an extrovert in almost every way.

17. RRoyce55

RRoyce55 Active Member

I have not seen another ISTJ yet.

You are:

* slightly expressed introvert
    * distinctively expressed sensing personality
    * moderately expressed thinking personality
    * slightly expressed judging personality

The one word that best describes Inspectors is superdependable. Whether at home or at work, Inspectors are extraordinarily persevering and dutiful, particularly when it comes to keeping an eye on the people and products they are responsible for. In their quiet way, Inspectors see to it that rules are followed, laws are respected, and standards are upheld.

Inspectors (as much as ten percent of the general population) are the true guardians of institutions. They are patient with their work and with the procedures within an institution, although not always with the unauthorized behavior of some people in that institution. Responsible to the core, Inspectors like it when people know their duties, follow the guidelines, and operate within the rules. For their part, Inspectors will see to it that goods are examined and schedules are kept, that resources will be up to standards and delivered when and where they are supposed to be. And they would prefer that everyone be this dependable. Inspectors can be hard-nosed about the need for following the rules in the workplace, and do not hesitate to report irregularities to the proper authorities. Because of this they are often misjudged as being hard-hearted, or as having ice in their veins, for people fail to see their good intentions and their vulnerability to criticism. Also, because Inspectors usually make their inspections without much flourish or fanfare, the dedication they bring to their work can go unnoticed and unappreciated.

While not as talkative as Supervisor Guardians [ESTJs], Inspectors are still highly sociable, and are likely to be involved in community service organizations, such as Sunday School, Little League, or Boy and Girl Scouting, that transmit traditional values to the young. Like all Guardians, Inspectors hold dear their family social ceremonies-weddings, birthdays, and anniversaries - although they tend to be shy if the occasion becomes too large or too public. Generally speaking, Inspectors are not comfortable with anything that gets too fancy. Their words tend to be plain and down-to-earth, not showy or high-flown; their clothes are often simple and conservative rather than of the latest fashion; and their home and work environments are usually neat, orderly, and traditional, rather than trendy or ostentatious. As for personal property, they usually choose standard items over models loaded with features, and they often try to find classics and antiques - Inspectors prefer the old-fashioned to the newfangled every time.

This entire second paragraph is extremely off the mark in reference to me. I would totally be a secondary school athletic coach, but organizations such as Sunday school or boy scouts where I am around young kids all day would be torture!

Also, I would rather have no car at all if it meant me driving an antique or a beater, and I enjoy shopping way more than most men. I dress nice because it makes me feel good, and I feel it's important to keep up with the times in terms of style.

18. Morning Star

Oh have some fun! Treat this like astrology!

(NOT to be confused by astronomy!)

19. TheHuntress

TheHuntress Well-Known Member

Uh, except this is actually based on science...like, real science? lol

20. Brittney

Brittney Well-Known Member

I'm an INFJ!

Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
    Strength of the preferences %
    100 25 38 56

You are:
    • very expressed introvert