What's your Meyers Briggs TYPE?

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by TheHuntress, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Yeah, you better show that ass, girl...:cool:

2. RRoyce55

RRoyce55 Active Member

I am only "slightly" introverted.

Strength of the preferences %:

Introverted: 11
    Sensing: 62
    Thinking: 38
    Judging: 22

Every strengh for me is less than 50% except for sensing. I feel thinking should be well higher as I would consider myself a deep thinker.

3. RRoyce55

RRoyce55 Active Member

I've always had a thing for Pisces women....:smt112

4. Raul Sinclair

Raul Sinclair New Member

My Type is
    ENTP-Inventor

Inventors begin building gadgets and mechanisms as young children, and never really stop, though as adults they will turn their inventiveness to many kinds of organizations, social as well as mechanical. There aren't many Inventors, say about two percent of the population, but they have great impact on our everyday lives. With their innovative, entrepreneurial spirit, Inventors are always on the lookout for a better way, always eyeing new projects, new enterprises, new processes. Always aiming to "build a better mousetrap."Inventors are keenly pragmatic, and often become expert at devising the most effective means to accomplish their ends. They are the most reluctant of all the types to do things in a particular manner just because that's the way they have been done. As a result, they often bring fresh, new approaches to their work and play. They are intensely curious and continuously probe for possibilities, especially when trying to solve complex problems. Inventors are filled with ideas, but value ideas only when they make possible actions and objects. Thus they see product design not as an end in itself, but as a means to an end, as a way of devising the prototype that works and that can be brought to market. Inventors are confident in their pragmatism, counting on their ability to find effective ways and means when they need them, rather than making a detailed blueprint in advance. A rough idea is all they need to feel ready to proceed into action.

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:
    slightly expressed extravert
    slightly expressed intuitive personality
    moderately expressed thinking personality
    slightly expressed perceiving personality

5. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

Your Thread Title had me thinking about this song...

[YOUTUBE]m9fUYcxP1UA[/YOUTUBE]

6. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

Good find, Brotherwise. Way to make things in this thread better. :smt023

7. Sin Mari

Sin Mari New Member

ISFJ - The Protector.

That's not me at all. Very weird.

8. LA

LA Well-Known Member

Maybe because you don't know yourself very well. :)

9. Sin Mari

Sin Mari New Member

No, that's not it. It's not so much the title, it's the description. It's a description of someone else, not lil' ol' me. lol

10. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

Thank you, big Mike! It's a good song surprisingly.

Hmmm, well whose to say that it's 100% concrete based on a few questions?

Let me quote this text.

Now do you fit ANY of these criteria at all?

11. AfroLove

AfroLove Restricted

I tested as an INFP but I think I'm an INFJ.

I'm only a 'feeler' if by thinker vs. feeler, you mean someone who makes detached, impersonal decisions that involve objective criteria rather than someone who's concerns are people centric and based on social implications. I don't make decisions because they 'feel right', they have to be rationally justified.

12. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

Different site, same concept. This time it says:

About Your Personality Type
    On those stressful days, we can thank God for that most wonderful of creatures ? the one who nurtures and helps us unwind ? the Dutiful Host. You are the gracious one, the master of ceremonies who delights in serving others and making sure they are well fed and well cared for. When it comes to hosting any social occasion ? a birthday party, an anniversary celebration, or a bar mitzvah ? you can barely contain your excitement. As soon as the date for such an event is announced, your mind is already going a hundred miles a minute ? planning, organizing, and thinking about how much fun you and your guests are going to have.

ESFJ when in love
    As a master host, one of your fondest dreams is making your wedding a smashing success: a cornucopia of people, food, music, and laughter ? a lasting testament to your lifelong partnership. Before you get to the wedding stage, you will probably experience a rousing and sometimes conflict-ridden relationship with your beloved. You are the type of person who is not shy about expressing your emotions in a relationship. Whether you are singing the praises of love or barking out resentments and criticisms, rest assured, your partner will know you are there.

ESFJ where to meet
    The Dutiful Host is a natural at taking care of others. You will usually find them working as schoolteachers, nurses, receptionists, as well as hosts and hostesses in restaurants, nightclubs, and other locales. An excellent way to become acquainted with a Dutiful Host is to work or volunteer at the sites where they are helping others: hospitals, schools, mental health clinics, and churches. You can also meet Dutiful Hosts wherever fine food, drink, and people are present: restaurants, wine-tasting clubs, rotating singles dinner parties, cooking classes, bar mitzvahs, and weddings.

13. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

;)I'm an ESTP

Known as the Premoter!

There are lots of Promoters -- maybe ten or so percent of the population, and life is never dull around them. In a word, they are men and women of action. When a Promoter is present, things begin to happen: the lights come on, the music plays, the games begin. Clever and full of fun, Promoters live with a theatrical flourish which makes even the most routine events seem exciting. Not that they waste much time on routine events. In work and in play, Promoters demand new activities and new challenges. Bold and daring at heart, and ever-optimistic that things will go their way, Promoters will take tremendous risks to get what they want, and seem exhilarated by walking close to the edge of disaster. Because of this, they make the very best trouble-spot administrators and negotiators, and they can be outstanding entrepreneurs, able to swing deals and kick-start enterprises in a way no other type can.

Promoters also have a hearty appetite for the finer things of life, the best food, the best wine, expensive cars, and fashionable clothes. And they are extremely sophisticated in social circles, knowing many, many people by name, and knowing how to say just the right thing to most everyone they meet.

Charming, confident, and popular, Promoters delight their friends and investors with their endless supply of stories and jokes. At the same time, these smooth operators are usually something of a mystery to others. While they live in the moment and lend excitement - and unpredictability - to all their relationships, they rarely let anyone get really close to them. They have a low tolerance for authority and commitment, and are likely to leave situations where they are expected to toe the mark, or where they must play second fiddle. Promoters understand well the maxim, "He who travels fastest, travels alone," although they are not likely to be lonely for long, since their boldness and sense of adventure tends to make them highly attractive to many other people.

The bolded part is soooo true and it's also right that I'm never alone for very long. ;)

14. stiletoes

stiletoes Well-Known Member

***********444466]Extraverted Sensing Feeling Perceiving[/COLOR]
    by Joe Butt
    Profile: ESFP
    Revision: 3.0
    Date of Revision: 25 Feb 2005

"Where's the party?" ESFPs love people, excitement, telling stories and having fun. The spontaneous, impulsive nature of this type is almost always entertaining. And ESFPs love to entertain -- on stage, at work, and/or at home. Social gatherings are an energy boost to these "people" people.
    SPs sometimes think and talk in more of a spider-web approach. Several of my ESFP friends jump from thought to thought in mid-sentence, touching here or there in a manner that's almost incoherent to the listener, but will eventually cover the waterfront by skipping on impulse from one piece of information to another. It's really quite fascinating.
    New! ESFPs are attracted to new ideas, new fashions, new gadgets, new ______. Perhaps it's the newness of life that attracts ESFPs to elementary education, especially to preschool and kindergarten.
    ESFPs love to talk to people about people. Some of the most colorful storytellers are ESFPs. Their down-to-earth, often homespun wit reflects a mischievous benevolence.
    Almost every ESFP loves to talk. Some can be identified by the twenty minute conversation required to ask or answer a simple factual question.
    ***********0066cc]Functional Analysis:[/COLOR]
    Extraverted Sensing

The dominant function of ESFPs is concerned with the reality that is perceived through the senses. This type's prime directive is to examine the tangible through taste, touch, sight, feeling and hearing. ESFPs' need for new experiences surely results from this function. Feeling gives focus to the collected information, producing the amiable nature of this type. As perceivers, ESFPs do not linger on moral concerns unless it is in service of a Greater Good and/or a unifying cause.
    Introverted Feeling

Feeling, which tends to decision-making in the interest of individual beings, is auxiliary to sensing. As with all introverted functions, feeling for ESFPs has a surreal, cryptic, quintessential nature. It is more often implied than verbally expressed, more apparent in countenance and deed rather than word or creed. Feeling takes care that playful pokes and pranks do no harm to the victim.
    Extraverted Thinking

This tertiary function is at the ready to give definitive answers when the world requires them. It provides a measure of balance to Introverted Feeling, allowing the ESFP some level of boundary and protection from those who would take advantage. When overused or overestimated, however, Thinking becomes a liability. ESFPs do well to seek out confirmation of the soundness of tough-minded decisions.
    Introverted iNtuition

This function is least visible. As is the nature of the inferior (fourth) function, ESFP intuition lacks a sense of balance. This type seems most successful in deducing patterns and seeing connections only after a thorough examination of the facts (which process appears quite unorganized and haphazard to non-SPs). Although some ESFPs may develop such abilities, the mastery of logic, analysis and abstraction is usually difficult and wearying, and not very much fun.

15. Melemele

Melemele Restricted

Your Type is
    ESFP
    Extraverted Sensing Feeling Perceiving

78 1 75 89

16. Melemele

Melemele Restricted

niiice song!

17. Be-you-tiful86

Be-you-tiful86 Well-Known Member

INFJ

Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging

this is quite matching :)

Counselors have an exceptionally strong desire to contribute to the welfare of others, and find great personal fulfillment interacting with people, nurturing their personal development, guiding them to realize their human potential. Although they are happy working at jobs (such as writing) that require solitude and close attention, Counselors do quite well with individuals or groups of people, provided that the personal interactions are not superficial, and that they find some quiet, private time every now and then to recharge their batteries. Counselors are both kind and positive in their handling of others; they are great listeners and seem naturally interested in helping people with their personal problems. Not usually visible leaders, Counselors prefer to work intensely with those close to them, especially on a one-to-one basis, quietly exerting their influence behind the scenes.

Counselors are scarce, little more than three percent of the population, and can be hard to get to know, since they tend not to share their innermost thoughts or their powerful emotional reactions except with their loved ones. They are highly private people, with an unusually rich, complicated inner life. Friends or colleagues who have known them for years may find sides emerging which come as a surprise. Not that Counselors are flighty or scattered; they value their integrity a great deal, but they have mysterious, intricately woven personalities which sometimes puzzle even them.

Counselors tend to work effectively in organizations. They value staff harmony and make every effort to help an organization run smoothly and pleasantly. They understand and use human systems creatively, and are good at consulting and cooperating with others. As employees or employers, Counselors are concerned with people's feelings and are able to act as a barometer of the feelings within the organization.

Blessed with vivid imaginations, Counselors are often seen as the most poetical of all the types, and in fact they use a lot of poetic imagery in their everyday language. Their great talent for language-both written and spoken-is usually directed toward communicating with people in a personalized way. Counselors are highly intuitive and can recognize another's emotions or intentions - good or evil - even before that person is aware of them. Counselors themselves can seldom tell how they came to read others' feelings so keenly. This extreme sensitivity to others could very well be the basis of the Counselor's remarkable ability to experience a whole array of psychic phenomena

18. madscientist

madscientist New Member

Even though I almost never post these days, I am an INTP. And apologies for the necroposting, but I found this in a search engine,

19. smurfette

smurfette New Member

I'm an INFP- The Healer

I'm surprised to say the least. What a lackluster profile (no offense to the other INFPs here. I just don't (wanna) see myself in this way).

(off to do the text a second time and cheat myself into an interesting profile:D

20. LibraPrincess

LibraPrincess Well-Known Member

INFJ

I took mine. I'm an INFJ--the Counsellor. :D I copied and pasted parts of the information about the INFJ Below:
    =======================================================
    INFJs are deeply concerned about their relations with individuals as well as the state of humanity at large. They are, in fact, sometimes mistaken for extroverts because they appear so outgoing and are so genuinely interested in people -- a product of the Feeling function they most readily show to the world. On the contrary, INFJs are true introverts, who can only be emotionally intimate and fulfilled with a chosen few from among their long-term friends, family, or obvious "soul mates." While instinctively courting the personal and organizational demands continually made upon them by others, at intervals INFJs will suddenly withdraw into themselves, sometimes shutting out even their intimates. This apparent paradox is a necessary escape valve for them, providing both time to rebuild their depleted resources and a filter to prevent the emotional overload to which they are so susceptible as inherent "givers." As a pattern of behavior, it is perhaps the most confusing aspect of the enigmatic INFJ character to outsiders, and hence the most often misunderstood -- particularly by those who have little experience with this rare type.