What you drinking thread

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by 4north1side2, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

When you drink good whiskey you don't drink a lot at a time. You savor the flavor. I finished that bottle after 4 days of sipping. Usually I'll switch bottles the next time I sip. Its not uncommon to have bottles in a collection for years.

Lol @ giggling spells.

2. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

I guess my dose would be around two sips. :)

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say that you have to take it regularly, you just have to find your pace when you sip.

Just stay at around 80 proof until you hit your stride. Lol

4. Madeleine

I once tried Absinthe years ago with a friend who was into that sort of stuff. My goodness. Felt like I was being lifted off the ground or something.

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Wow. That liquor is usually 110 - 140+ proof. No wonder you felt like that. That's entirely too strong. I remember my first shot of 151 rum. (Its 151 proof) It burned all the way down my throat. Me and a friend of mine both ran back up to the beach bar for some soda to chase it with. Lol. We wasn't quite expecting that.

6. Madeleine

They normally dilute it with water. But yeah. It’s basically like a medical alcohol burning your throat and guts. I’m sure I had a litre of water afterwards lol.

I still have that Cuban Coffee you mentioned at the back of my mind though...

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I actually have a taste for that now.

8. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

When you find a local liquor merchant that knows how to pic the best single barrels of bourbon at a distillery and you can get multiple bottles from the same exquisite barrel.....Wonderful! Store picks are great!

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. biosnex

biosnex Member

I am probably an unusual breed...I'm a bourbon AND scotch kinda guy. Right now, I'm doing a chilled glass of Woodford Reserve...
    [​IMG]

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I like woodford. Its the first respectable bourbon I had years back. I was a scotch guy but now I'm more of a scotch and bourbon guy because this bourbon made me realize good whiskey does come out of Kentucky. I've had better bourbon since then but woodford is legit especially for the price point. It will forever be my go to for bourbon burgers, due to the solid caramel note it adds.

12. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Drinking a sweetened green tea.

13. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

A must have for those that enjoy sherried whisky. It's actually the only "cask strength" sherry bomb out there at the moment. I picked up batch 61.
    [​IMG]

14. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Egg nog mixed with Colonel E H Taylor small batch bourbon.

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Notes of sea salt, sherry, black pepper and peat smoke

[​IMG]

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Spicy rye with notes of caramel and toasted vanilla rounded with corn sweetness. Sweeter than most rye whiskey but very good.
    [​IMG]

17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

18. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

The double oaked is much better.
    [​IMG]

19. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Woodford Reserve double oaked

Rich and full bodied with notes of oak, dark chocolate, toffee, and toasted marshmallow vanilla with a hint of cherry.

20. Madeleine

I’d like those notes bottled up as a perfume.