What you drinking thread

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by 4north1side2, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

A friend brought some back from a cruise. He bought it from one of the nearby islands near the Caribbean or Central America.

2. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

You have the knowledge and sharing it. I'm seeking the knowledge and receiving it. Big ups fam!

3. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

Is it sold on the ship itself?

4. beccaomecca

beccaomecca Well-Known Member

Damn that's a shame you cant get your hands on it. I just looked it up they have it at Melbourne airport here duty free its $169! Ud wanna savour every mouthful.

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

No, he got it at one of the stops they made. I should find out where it was. Notice it doesn't have an age statement and it's not a single malt. He got lucky with that. I don't think I would have took the risk and bought it not knowing how it would be. He could have ended up being disappointed.

Honestly I would like to see it for 140. 169 is pushing it but I would still get it now knowing how good it is. Traveling puts you in a splurging mood anyway, and it's really good whisky.

You're rubbing it in lol

6. beccaomecca

beccaomecca Well-Known Member

Hahah sorry!

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Just picked up two more bottles of Blantons. Lol. :D I just don't like the feeling wanting something and finding out it's not available. I had to stop at six stores on the way back from school just to find it. Wow!

The guy added me to his call list for scarce whiskey. Lol

8. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

It's that scarce there? Wow. I've never really notice it to be scarce here. I see I finally picked something worth drinking. Haha

9. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

B,did you call those stores before making those trips? You would had saved a lot of gas. It is like you are searching for Pappy Van Winkle.

10. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

At the store where i found it the guy had two bottles stashed. Seem like he really wanted to sell them to someone that would appreciated it, knowing how scare it was.

Almost everybody I talk to here talk as if you have to be lucky to find it. The best response you can get is when they tell you what day the truck comes in. Yet, they still can't seem to confirm that they will have it for sure.

I'm glad to know it's not that scarce everywhere. It's a keeper.

Most of those stores were on my way back home so I didn't really burn extra gas, it just took time making all those stops. I called the store that I had got a bottle from friday and they were out.

I don't mind hitting a bunch of different stores. Often times you discover some jewels that you didn't expect. At the store I ended up getting the Blanton's I seen a scarce rye whiskey that I had been wanting to try. Now I know who has a decent amount of it.

Blanton's is scare but not nearly as scarce as Papi Van Wrinkle. You pretty much have to know the right people if you expect to get that without paying secondary market prices and the markups are often outrageous. I don't have my hopes up for that whiskey at all.

11. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

12. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

I hardly drink. Alcohol doesn't agree with me.
    I care for good coffee/espresso and dark chocolate.

13. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

14. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

15. redlolly

redlolly Well-Known Member

Tanqueray with tonic a slice of lime & loads of ice, or a nice Barolo or Gavi :)

16. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Still sipping the single barrel Knob Creek. Enjoying the punch of the 120 proof. Tongue is a little scorched but the vanilla, and caramel notes along with the nuttiness of the charred oak is very satisfying.

18. Madeleine

Vanilla, caramel and nuts minus alcohol, please. Oh wait, that’s probably chai tea.

19. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Lol. I like tea too but its not remotely as enjoyable. Whiskey is layered in complexity. That one took 9 years of soaking up flavor from a high quality charred oak barrel in Kentucky.

I'm sure there are whiskeys out there with notes of tea and coffee layered in the complexity, but there is no tea comparable to whiskey. It just doesn't work the other way.....lol

20. Madeleine

I’m not against alcohol, I’d try a bit. The Whiskey sounds quite interesting actually. I just don’t tolerate a lot of it before turning into a bunch of giggling spells. Which most people find quite amusing, but yeah...:)
    It’s pro‘ly like caffeine, you have to take it regularly to be able to tolerate more.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018