Weekly Workout Progress

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by babybro, Apr 23, 2011.

1. FG

FG Well-Known Member

I really have lucked out here.. its really a family thing and they focus on that.. not much of that left. You pay for you training, and you add if you want to chip for the beer. I guess they pay for the streaming of fights (? dont know yet)

I love your story about the parent showing up instead.. LOVE IT!! LOL

2. Archman

Archman Well-Known Member

Fitness Gurus --FG, Petty,
    Any opinions on Jack as a pre-workout supplement and
    Thunderbolt as a recovery supplement.

Also what starch converts to fuel best for you hours
    before training : Rice, Pasta or Patato

3. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

as a serious lifter, i've tried numerous products after researching but never tried jack3d (i think that's the one you're talking about)

I have tried White Flood as a pre-workout supplement. Don't recall any negative side effects like diarrhea or anything, and I can't really say if it's improved my workouts (it's been a long time since using it). I still have the small tub on top of my fridge and can try it again for a little and report back. I usually head over to bodybuilding.com forums for info like that tho. You can go to google and type in 'jack3d bodybuilding.com' and get forum results from various posters that are talking about it.

As for pre-training nutrition, I just take a protein shake. I'm a busy man with work/school and trying to fit in bjj, so I tend to cut corners when I can. I'd just try all three for a week or two and see if you notice any differences. Be your own guinea pig if the cost is cheap. :eek:

4. Archman

Archman Well-Known Member

Fair-enough,.......and thanks, I will investigate White Flood as a supplement.....good luck in school----good decision.......

5. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Drinking way to much lately....

6. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Why is that, North? Your killin' your liver. Ya kinda need it. :p

7. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Falling in with the wrong people, it's because of my job being next to party central. I know leaving this place would mean all the better but it's so hard to leave when you have so much fun and have it so easy.

Smoked my first square in a long time, I was clean for almost 3.5 years. SMH

8. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

la would be proud

9. FG

FG Well-Known Member

I managed to do a 5 min plank exercise last nigh, at the end of a hard upper body work-out.
    I laughed at my trainer when he said 5 min.
    1 min regular plank, 1 min side plank, 1 min other side, then "plank crunches" for 30 sec and pike-ups for 30 sec and the 1 min regular plank. Right before that I had help a pull up for 20 sec and a chin up for 27 sec. Ended with a slow walk on the treadmill for 30 min w 30 lb.
    I am still not hurting but I know its coming, probably in time to work tomorrow morning :/

10. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

30lb weight vest or two 15lb barbells?

11. FG

FG Well-Known Member

I have a 30 lb weight vest but 2 15 b barbells works just as well - its just uncomfortable.

12. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

the weighted vest is uncomfortable indeed. I haven't used mine in ages. plus it's a PITA to put on/take off.

13. FG

FG Well-Known Member

I have one from my skydiving days - it was made by this skydiver in H-town. It has 12 lb of lead pellets sewn in in the back and then pockets in front that you can add up to a total of 30 lb (she made the weights also, cloth strips filled with lead pellets). It has a zipper in front. Super easy to get on and off. Its terribly uncomfortable but better than two dumbells.

14. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Mine is 75lbs and has removable bars, but it's a Velcro nightmare

15. FG

FG Well-Known Member

75 lb! wow:) I need to upgrade cuz 30lb is not enough - I just like the set up for the exact reason you mention. There's gotta be a better way.

16. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

It's good for adding resistance when you need to free up arms and hands, but mine sucks with all the straps

even if it had a better security mechanism, it's still cumbersome at 75 lbs

unless you remove some bars, your going to get a workout just taking it off lol

if you like dynamic movements with your workout like burpees or Hindu pushups, it's awesome

17. FG

FG Well-Known Member

I do incorporate a lot of dynamic movements and there is where the wight vest is fantastic. 30 lb is not enough = but I can not imagine 75 lb:smt104

The MMA gym I go to has these weight vests where you put the bar-bell plates in, I haven't looked into how those are secured. Hopefully its not w velcor:D

18. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

mine came with 75lbs worth of iron bars, but can be upgraded to 90

so, you can buy the 75lb one, but only put in enough bars that you are comfortable with. In theory, you can go from like 10lbs to 75 with the included weights. I would get something where you can max out like that, just to play it safe in case you get stronger.

http://www.amazon.com/Holiday-MiR-A...S5I8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1323415144&sr=8-3
    [​IMG]

note the site says 3lb increments, so this would be perfect for you.

19. FG

FG Well-Known Member

I like it! especially like that its all sitting very high.
    Thank you for that link!
    That may be the xmas pwesent I give myself as mine has reached its limit and I need to upgrade.

20. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

you gotta treat yourself sometime :D