Weekly Workout Progress

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by babybro, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I do too - when I eat or drink absolutely nothing. :smt009

2. LillyBeth

LillyBeth New Member

Have they? I haven’t noticed ;):p

3. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Cut out the breads, sweets, sugary drinks and dial up the cardio, I promise it'll give you the same results.

Progress:11/14/11

It's hard to tell if I gained more muscle or not compared to last year because slimming down always give that illusion that you are bigger than what you really are... but the compliments sure are pouring in lol. This one woman came up to me with her man in tow and said "look at them pecs, Northside your chest is like a playground" lol

Truthfully I be rocking extra smedium polo's that look like I stole it out your 6 year old nieces dresser to exhibit the physique.

4. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Have to do that anyway, and have been (I'm diabetic).

5. 4north1side2

Well your on your way. Have you ever heard of the Keto diet? Research it and if you think your up to it, give it a try for a week. You'll shed fat fast by just doing everyday activities.

Progress: 11/15/11

Yesterday I hit the chest, biceps, triceps, abs, shoulders, and back for atleast 100 reps each.

6. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Haven't done PT in a week and got a PT test tomorrow. Shit. Gonna die.

7. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

You'll be alright. My ex waited until the week before PT tests to START working out! He always passed.

8. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Lol

this new generation..........

9. satyr

satyr New Member

Bought one of these recently. Nothing gets you to muscle failure quicker than some pullups.

[​IMG]

10. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Passed my PT test today. Got 13:26 on my two mile. Honestly didn't expect to break 14 minutes, but no complaints here. My push-ups are ass though. Need to improve those.

11. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

do em on your knees then

[​IMG]
    :p

12. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

We do that when we can't hold ourselves up anymore.

13. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Dude that's amazing

14. satyr

satyr New Member

15. 4north1side2

Keep up the good work fella's.

16. 4north1side2

11/20/11

Progress:

Skinny fat, abs are slightly showing again. Cardio game is getting better everyday.

17. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Up early as hell.
    45 minutes cardio 45 minutes weights. 30 minute walk. Lets get it.
    Grinding like a skaterboy

18. Nikkers

Nikkers Well-Known Member

Nice :) (Except for the getting up early part, lol)

Been slacking lately, time to get back on the ball.

2 1/2 hours of Zumba yesterday with a friend. Legs are killing now, definitely going to stretch more in the shower. No pain no gain :p

Today, likely simple body weight exercises for arms and some core stuff. The campus gym is closed all week :(

19. swirlman07

swirlman07 Well-Known Member

It really depends on your fitness. I find them too easy to do and save pull ups for the end of my back workout, usually 18 sets of different exercises, for twelve reps each set. I still do sets of 15 reps of pull ups afterwards.

Like my pull ups, push ups are too easy to do at the beginning of a routine for me. So, I often do them at the end of my chest routine, with added weight on my back, up to 2 45 lb. plates, for sets of 15 - 20.

The most challenging push ups I"ve found are Chinese push ups. They require a strong core and a lot of strength. I've managed to do sets of 10 -15 reps, but mainly just for kicks.

[YOUTUBE]-8zBIgAUtu4[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  20. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

we used to kick out hindu-pushups at the end of BJJ warmups, 10 times for every person in class. Needless to say you'd hope for a small class. They were competition-oriented, so they took their conditioning serious