Weekly Workout Progress

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by babybro, Apr 23, 2011.

1. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

You don't?

It's a machine anyway, so chances are whatever you bench with free weights will be amplified with the machine.

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Negro when I leave the the 300s I'll be the first one braggin but 470 is some Power of Grey Skull shit (get it He-Man) lol

Hell my boy does 495 and he's a national body builder.

3. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Don't confuse bodybuilding with power lifting, Negro

:p

if you workout like a pure power lifter, with low rep sets and heavy weights, you'll get the numbers but not the beach look or muscle endurance

that's why you get these Olympian guys that look small and average, but bench crazy numbers

search for ymra and pics of his power lifting days. He wasn't big and bulky, bit I think he won some comps tho

4. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Hell Naw! I think I can only manage a paltry 135lbs maybe 4 times. I haven't benched for a while now because of a shoulder injury.

Yup, Petty is absolutely correct.

The machine I use closely resembles this

[YOUTUBE]WHWTIBEfwfY[/YOUTUBE]

Progress: 9/28/11

Yo I gave my biceps the workout of a lifetime yesterday...feels like their about to explode.

5. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

my old football coach absolutely frowned upon machines, but I think they have their uses especially if you want to try a different type of workout to hit certain muscles. I like the butterfly machine especially. I do miss those at gyms

6. Nikkers

Nikkers Well-Known Member

Just got back from the gym :), did the 1-RM test today...

Before the summer, my maximum leg press was 350 pounds.
    Bench press max was 145.

After a summer of laziness, and finally getting back on the ball now, the new max leg press is 290, bench press is 100....

Boo :(. At least it definitely helped me get my goals back on track! :)

(With machines, lol. Not free weight :p)

7. The Dark King

Cheater I was almost impressed lol

8. Nikkers

I'm not cheating if the football players are always hogging the weight room! :p

I get stared at less on machines, so that's where I'll stay, ha.

9. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

:p

10. lightbrotha4u

lightbrotha4u Member

i see you are in my hometown. what gym do you go to?

11. Nikkers

Just the one on the Gallaudet campus, free for students :lol: :)

12. The Dark King

You can't beat free. I love my school gym way more than the one I actually pay for. Its enough to make you want to be a student for life.

13. Nikkers

Except for the actual homework :( hehe!

I wish my school gym was bigger. There's things I'd want to do but the football players are always in there, taking the gym hostage. Then they look at me like, "what the hell are you doing in the free weights section, females don't belong here!" :p ...Little do they realize, it's my fiance setting up all the workouts they have to follow *laughs*

Otherwise the gym's pretty good, free always works!

14. The Dark King

I don't get why it matters since I doubt they have to wait for you to be done with the 65s lol

15. Nikkers

Maybe the whole "a woman in a man's territory" thing? :p They probably feel threatened somehow :lol:

16. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Mos def

people fail to realize that tuition doesn't just cover classes, but everything else in between

Drexel for instance, has multiple martial arts clubs ran by students and proffesors, that are open to other students without additional fees (I think)

don't really care about any gyms tho, since i created my own :)

17. The Dark King

Dude are you in school right now?

18. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

maybe

;)

i'm not at PSU tho...kinda wish I was as I do still have some loyalty to it

My employer gives us a nice tuition assistance benefit for college, so you'd be a fool not to enroll yourself somewhere, either to pursue a degree in a different field or go on to grad school

19. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

10/19/11

8AM eating red velvet cake for breakfast with some greek yogurt.

Cardio went straight to shit, ran a 13 minute mile a week ago. Stomach obliterated. More handles than a NBA player. Turkey neck just in time for thanksgiving with the matching pack of hotdogs on the back.

20. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Oh, I'm so turned on right now... :|