Unarmed caregiver pleading for the police not to shoot with hands in the air shot

Discussion in 'In the News' started by 4north1side2, Jul 21, 2016.

1. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I believe there won't be any changes until whites stop trying to tell us what we should and should not be upset about. Like we're children incapable of rational thought.

As long as the majority of them feel that their views on police brutality are the only views that matter, things will continue to devolve.

It's nothing more than colonial arrogance for the 21st century.

2. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

It's these type of recurring themes that have caused me to be deathly afraid of the police even though I have no criminal record or history. I have even gotten to the point to where I'm more terrified of the police than I am of foreign terrorists.

Regarding this particular case, the black man who was shot is a therapist who works with the autistic trying to save one of his patients. He even had his arms up and they shot him anyway.

This is exactly why black lives will never matter because they're never going to stop shooting us. The whole movement to me is a waste of time because they'll just find another way to eradicate us.

Back in the day it was lynching, then they used fire-hoses and german shepherds, then we were pummeled by night-sticks repeatedly, now they just shoot without a second thought and no one will ever be held accountable.

This country is 240 years old and if we haven't mattered by now fuhgeddaboutit!!! Smh

3. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

This. No one can invalidate the experiences of another.

The US will have to go through even more social discord, I'm afraid, until this problem of police brutality against communities of African and Native descent is addressed. What is done to the black community today becomes a tool in the social control toolbox for all in the future. It requires, not just some tinkering around the edges with police reform, but a fundamental reorganization and rethinking of the very concept of policing and crime in the nation. Reminds me of this article from Black Agenda Report about the centrality of white supremacy to the policing paradigm in this country.

White Supremacy and the Central Park 5

Although New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio has OK’d a $40 million settlement with the Central Park 5, who were wrongfully imprisoned for brutal rape, former Mayor Michael Bloomberg insists the police acted in “good faith.” “In a sane, non-racist society, the fact that five innocent children had been made to confess to a horrible crime that they did not commit would be viewed as a prima facie case of police misconduct.”

White Supremacy and the Central Park 5
    A Black Agenda Radio commentary by executive editor Glen Ford
    “In America, white supremacy means never having to say you’re sorry, in any meaningful way.”

A settlement will soon be finalized, in New York City, that will award five no longer young Black men $40 million for spending between 7 and 13 years in prison for a crime they did not commit. Twenty-five years ago, the Central Park 5 – Raymond Santana, Antron McCray, Yusef Salaam, Kevin Richardson and Kharey Wise – were almost universally described in the media in animalistic terms. They were a “wolf pack” that had gone “wilding” on a mad rampage of lust and brutality, raping a 28-year-old white jogger and beating her almost to death. The cops – experts at psychological operations against Black teenagers – coerced confessions from the 14, 15 and 16 year olds, and they were convicted in 1990.

Miraculously, in 2002, the real perpetrator, a total stranger to the young men, confessed to having committed the crime all by himself. Forensic science confirmed his guilt, and the convictions were vacated. Having lost that which could never be reclaimed – their youth – the Central Park 5 sued the police and prosecutors for false arrest, malicious prosecution and a racially motivated conspiracy to deprive them of their civil rights. But, official New York was unrepentant. The billionaire mayor, Michael Bloomberg, insisted that the city had violated no one’s rights. The five Black and Hispanic men should just go on with their lives, and be grateful that they were no longer officially branded as brutal rapists. The police had acted in “good faith.”

“The war against Blacks is a permanent feature of social control in the United States.”

Only a morally depraved, irredeemable racist would use the term “good faith” to describe the treatment accorded the Central Park 5. In a sane, non-racist society, the fact that five innocent children had been made to confess to a horrible crime that they did not commit would be viewed as a prima facie case of police misconduct. The onus would be on law enforcement to explain how such multiple miscarriages of justice could have happened in the absence of unlawful behavior by the police. But, in America, white supremacy means never having to say you’re sorry, in any meaningful way – and never relinquishing the authority to behave in exactly the same manner the next time it suits your purposes.

Thus, Mayor Bill de Blasio’s decision to accept a $40 million settlement for the unspeakable crimes committed against the Central Park 5 is more controversial, in white society, than Mayor Bloomberg’s abject refusal to atone at all. It’s not that $40 million will break the city’s budget. New York paid out more than $700 million in settlements or awards from lawsuits for negligence, police abuse and property damage in 2012, and expects to pay more than $800 million a year by 2016. But, what they refuse to relinquish is the right to whip up racial hysteria at will, to treat Black children like wolves and other species of wild animals, to scream that Black bucks are running amuk.

The war against Blacks is a permanent feature of social control in the United States. Although the Central Park 5 were exonerated, and will now be monetarily compensated, their ordeal bore ample fruit for the white supremacist state. In the wake of the fictitious “wilding,” Mayors Rudolph Giuliani and Michael Bloomberg were enabled to impose an even harsher, racially selective police state on Black and brown neighborhoods all across the city, ruining countless young lives.

For Black Agenda Radio, I’m Glen Ford. On the web, go to BlackAgendaReport.com.

4. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Yup! That's it in a nutshell. Complain about such and you're labeled "anti-police/criminal sympathizer".

5. DudeNY12

I'd like to think this wouldn't happen, but time after time cops continue to get away with shooting/brutality. It's no wonder that so many have little faith in police and fear interactions with them. You just never know how the simplest of encounters will end.

I was telling my ex about a night when I was pulled over about 2 years ago. It was allergy season and mine were wreaking havoc on me... While driivng home I sneezed and swerved slighty. All I could think... I'm congested, but my eyes are bloodshot and I don't know what this guy will do. Thankfully, the officer was quite professional, understanding and let me be on my way with a "Have a good evneing, and be careful". This is all I (and others) want which is to be treated fairly.

6. orejon4

I am hearing upsetting things listening to our local NPR radio station coverage of the police department press conference right now on WLRN 91.3 FM.

Apparently the police are saying the officer meant to shoot the autistic white man, in an attempt to defuse the racial angle, because they did not know the man was autistic and that the officer thought the autistic man was endangering the black caregiver. Community response has been that the protests would have happened anyway, because this is another case of excessive force.

Stay tuned.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  7. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Cops need to be equipped with BINOCULARS along with their service revolver.
    The autistic man had a toy truck, not a gun.

There is no way a cop with an assault rifle missed hitting a very large white man sitting on the ground and instead hit the prone Black man lying with his arms up.

At all costs the system protects cops, right or wrong doesn't matter.

If this cop wasn't a corrupt police officer, he will become one if he skates on this illegal shoot.

8. orejon4

I think you're right.

9. DudeNY12

Exactly! I'm sure amny probaly decided that... Why not push the envelope seeing as it's unlikely that they'd ever be held responsible for their actions.

10. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

North Miami police officer Jonathan Aledda identified in controversial shooting

Second officer placed on leave without pay for providing conflicting statements

[​IMG]

NEWS
    North Miami police officer Jonathan Aledda identified in controversial shooting
    Second officer placed on leave without pay for providing conflicting statements

NORTH MIAMI, Fla. - A North Miami police officer who shot an unarmed man earlier this week has been identified as Jonathan Aledda.

Law enforcement sources told Local 10 News that Aledda received death threats after cellphone video was released showing the incident has made headlines around the country.

City officials held a news conference Friday, where they named Aledda, 30, who is a member of the department's SWAT unit, as the gunman.

Aledda has been with the police department for four years.

Jonathan Aledda Photo Courtesy: Facebook/Greater North Miami Chamber of Commerce

"As your mayor of this great city of North Miami, I assure you that we will go wherever the truth takes us and any necessary decisions will be taken by the proper authorities," North Miami Mayor Dr. Smith Joseph said. "Now, I have had the change to sit with my city manager, my chief of police as well as my city attorney. I must tell you, community concerns will be addressed."

A second police officer, Cmdr. Emile Hollant, has been suspended without pay for giving conflicting statements about the circumstances surrounding the controversial shooting of Charles Kinsey, city manager Larry Spring said.

"This will not be tolerated," Spring said. "As city manager, I am aware of the public's sentiment. We have received hundreds of calls and emails both at our police department and at City Hall. I can assure you we are listening."

Spring said a team of people will review all calls and emails and report back to him.

Local 10 News reporter Layron Livingston was at the North Miami Police Department Friday morning as the city manager and city attorney walked into police headquarters to meet with officials about the shooting.

"They will be much better off saying sorry to my client and trying to acknowledge the fact that something went terribly wrong," Kinsey’s attorney, Hilton Napoleon II, said.

Kinsey's attorney told CNN on Thursday that there's "no justification" for the shooting. Napoleon appeared on CNN with Kinsey's employer, Clint Bower.

"He's received extensive crisis-intervention training. Unfortunately, our police department doesn't seem to receive that same training," Bower said.

Cellphone video shows Kinsey lying on his back Monday with his hands in the air in the area of Northeast 14th Avenue and 127th Street. Sitting next to him was a 24-year-old autistic man holding a toy truck.

Police said they were called to the area about a man who was walking around with a gun and threatening to commit suicide.

Dade Police Benevolent Association president John Rivera said the officer fired in an effort to keep Kinsey safe, but missed his intended target.

"The one officer discharged his firearm trying to strike the individual that they thought was trying to bring harm onto Mr. Kinsey. This is not a case of police brutality," Rivera said. "This is not one of those cases where it's a rogue cop. This is not a case other than an officer who was trying to save the life of Mr. Kinsey and feels horrible that his aim missed and struck Mr. Kinsey."

Kinsey's boss dismissed Rivera's claim, calling Kinsey the hero in the incident.

"The PBA is now trying to say they intended to shoot my client, and they accidentally shot my employee. To me, that's just outrageous," Bower said.

Kinsey was shot once in the leg. His attorney said the city is hoping to settle the issue with his client as soon as possible.

Bower said he offered North Miami police training on how to deal with people with disabilities two years ago after police stunned another client of his with a Taser. He said the department never took him up on his offer.

Aledda released a statement Thursday saying that his goal as a police officer has always been to save lives.

"I took this job to save lives and help people. I did what I had to do in a split second to accomplish that and hate to hear others paint me as something I'm not," he said.

A Department of Justice representative could meet with city leaders as early as Friday afternoon to discuss community relations while handling the outcome of the shooting.

North Miami police have opened up a hotline for community comments. Those who wish to voice their comments or concerns are asked to call 305-547-8644.

11. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Breath of fresh air to hear city officials taking this matter very seriously and suspending the 2ND officer without pay for lying in his statement. The statement needs to be released tho, depending how bad he lied, he should be fired. This is what people mean by their is no such thing as a good cop when they automatically take up for the bad ones. No room on the force for this bullshit.

12. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

TDK?

13. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

Exactly.

They'll try to find an excuse to get both of them off

14. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]583lyhz4BmI[/YOUTUBE]

15. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]Zs0Hi0AZ2nM[/YOUTUBE]

16. DudeNY12

Make that two.

17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

LOL. You was just hanging out in Mexico. :smt030

:smt042

18. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Yeah because dude was shot in the back and we saw the cop plant false evidence on the guy. The huge problem is when we see these guys are willing to lie for each other and still take their word above all others

19. The Dark King

Sorry meant to reply earlier been a hot ass weekend, we've literally living in the pool this weekend lol.

The only reason I brought you into it was because of your post about the Dallas shooting when you said violence isn't the answer. I should have elaborated. My issue with the "both sides" argument is that promotes the notion that:
    1. Both sides are equally powerful which they are not
    2. That both sides are in fact doing the an equal amount of violence
    3. That both sides have the disdain for one another

While I don't agree with killing innocent people one has to admit that this was logical conclusion of years of unchecked brutality especially in country where there are more guns than people.
    No one should be surprised by this and the solution isn't telling both sides to cool down and talk things out. That's a misleading misnomer as if "both sides" are arguing similar points. Basically a lot of this shit can be mitigated by simply holding people accountable instead of treating certain people as if their lives are completely disposable and then expecting them to swallow that shit.

20. The Dark King

And this is my problem these motherfuckas seem like they are trained to lie. If there was no video I guarantee this would have been a completely different press conference. Smfh