Unarmed caregiver pleading for the police not to shoot with hands in the air shot

Discussion in 'In the News' started by 4north1side2, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Lol. That's what l did when l saw his crayola scribble pen. :smt037 He missed so many though. :smt086

2. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

So you are saying that " no one should be killed " is off?
    Really?

What's to be discussed ?

You are OK with killing?

You wanted to go Nat Turner but you comparing apples oranges... Dumbass

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  3. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

The monetary deal, if any, is about limiting civil liability, but doesn't ensure the officer faces justice. The "reasonable person" standard is a loophole big enough to drive a truck through.

4. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

Lets keep it 100...you went to another thread and did fuck boy shit .

Smh

5. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Discuss this with me in the thug govt cops thread.

Anyway, I'm done with elementary bickering in this thread and apologize for calling you out of your name putting you down. I'm not going to allow this injustice to everyone get derailed. Anything being discussed other than this latest social injustice will be ignored.

Officer Was Aiming For the Autistic Man, Shot His Unarmed Black Therapist By Accident, Says Miami Police Union Chief

The Florida cop who shot an unarmed therapist on the street was actually aiming for the man’s autistic patient, a union official said Wednesday.

The North Miami police officer thought Charles Kinsey — who was lying on his back with his arms in the air — was in danger, his union chief said.

The officer meant to hit the autistic man Kinsey was trying to help — and he fired three times, according to North Miami police.

But he missed the patient, and hit Kinsey instead, the union chief explained. The cop feared the confused autistic patient — holding a toy truck as he sat next to Kinsey on the pavement — might have posed a safety threat, the labor leader said.

AH HA, this makes it soooooo much better! The police officer aim with a assault rifle was so terrible that he couldn't hit a big ass 230lbs plus sitting duck 3 times.

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Lol...his pea-brain is incapable of civil discussion. Give him five minutes, he'll be back to Posting threads in the Men's Locker Room with more gifs of white women in cages getting abused anally, or perhaps another one of his magic "Black Power" threads with yet more gifs of a white woman stuffing a huge black dildo in her ass. :smt120 He's too Tragic.

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

No it doesn't. In South Carolina it did at least.

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

He thinks he's slick and behave as a smart-ass kid whenever he wants. Fuck boy shit is right.

9. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

It is getting crazy Fam.
    We need to build a wall to keep all these non Floridian borns out. lol

10. orejon4

The reasonable person standard will come to the officer's aid when the trial gets underway this autumn.

11. archangel

I will sit and watch but I must confess. I don't know which trial.
    is it the one where the officer shot the man running in the back or the one where the police officer shot a man for retrieving his wallet?

12. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

Aight cool. Its done and done

13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

The one running shot in the back is in Oct.
    The wallet guy Trooper already plead guilty and sentencing is soon. Up to 20 years.

14. archangel

I see he was not charged for attempted murder after attempting to murder someone!!!! [sarcasm] Clearly, it was the right thing.[/sarcasm]

up to 20 years... not minimum 10 years but up to which can fall into a day or a month or even a year...

ahh the justice system.

Maybe he will get more than if someone were to rape a woman behind a dumpters 3 years maybe.....

I mean, literally, a guy got sentenced to 50 years for selling drugs but you try to kill someone up to 20 years... What a system. It is full of sh...

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Who got 50 years for selling drugs?

16. archangel

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/article_0700b83b-db26-51df-b695-28a30120b51b.html

Emphasizing that heroin dealers are not welcome in East Baton Rouge Parish, where deaths linked to the drug have recently skyrocketed, a Baton Rouge state judge sentenced a Baker man to the maximum 50 years in prison without benefit of parole for trying to sell heroin on Airline Highway in Baton Rouge.

Kedric J. Williams’ attorney, James Rothkamm, said he cannot remember another 19th Judicial District Court judge handing down such a stiff sentence on a charge of possession with intent to distribute heroin. The case did not involve a death. Rothkamm said the conviction and sentence will be appealed.

Williams, 32, was found guilty in February following his May 6 arrest in the parking lot of a Popeyes in the 5900 block of Airline. A confidential informant had told police that a black male, possibly in a rental car, would be delivering heroin to an unknown person at that location.

When officers approached Williams, they say he tossed a clear plastic baggie containing suspected heroin under the front passenger seat of his vehicle. It turned out to be more than 20 grams — about an ounce — of heroin. Police also found $1,116 in his pants pocket.

Williams was on probation for aggravated assault with a firearm at the time.

District Judge Mike Erwin, who has been a judge on the 19th Judicial District Court bench since 1991, said he would like to have sentenced Williams to life in prison, which was the penalty for the crime of possession with intent to distribute heroin prior to 2001.

It was then that the state Legislature reduced the penalty, from life behind bars to five to 50 years in prison.

“I am aware that the change in the sentencing provisions is not the only factor involved in the rise of heroin, but I also know that when the penalty was life imprisonment, we didn’t have as many heroin dealers and users on every street corner selling this poison to our citizens,” the judge said.

Since 2001, he noted, there has been a steady climb in both the sale of heroin and deaths attributed to the drug in Baton Rouge.

Then in 2009, Erwin said, new state legislation gave heroin dealers “yet another chance” by allowing those already serving a life term for possession with intent to distribute the drug to be eligible for parole consideration after serving at least 15 years in prison.

“Once this information ‘hit the streets,’ so to say, the reported statistics show a drastic rise in heroin-related deaths in East Baton Rouge from five in 2012 to 38 deaths in 2015,” he said. There were 34 heroin related deaths in 2013 and 28 in 2014.

Erwin said the parish coroner already has confirmed two such deaths this year.

State lawmakers last year tweaked the minimum sentence for possession with intent to distribute heroin, raising it to 10 years, but Erwin said it was not drastic enough to deter heroin dealers.

“If a life sentence for dealing heroin were still an option, I would feel comfortable sentencing every convicted heroin dealer to life in prison without the eligibility of parole and truly believe it would be a start in the process of saving lives and hopefully run these criminals out of Baton Rouge,” the judge said.

Prior to 2001, he said, heroin dealers “stayed out of Louisiana for the most part” because the penalty was too harsh, and it wasn’t worth risking the possibility of serving a life sentence.

“Since the penalty has been reduced, Louisiana has given a ‘green light’ or a ‘welcome sign’ to dealers to come into our state,” the judge said.

Erwin stressed he was not singling out Williams to make an example out of him but said he hopes that imposing the maximum sentence on heroin dealers when warranted will set a precedent for other judges in Baton Rouge and across the state to follow.

“Heroin dealers are not welcome here, and if tried and convicted, they will more than likely receive the maximum sentence allowable by law,” he said.

East Baton Rouge Parish District Attorney Hillar Moore III echoed Erwin’s sentiments, calling heroin a scourge.

“Those who deal heroin are dealing death to those addicted to this deadly drug. It is unfortunate that we now see so many addicted to heroin,” Moore said. “I hope that Judge Erwin’s sentence will cause those who deal heroin to consider the effect that this drug is having on our community and what impact it will have on their own lives.”

Last month, Jarret McCasland, 27, of Denham Springs, was sentenced by state District Judge Don Johnson to a mandatory term of life in prison for his role in the alleged heroin overdose death of his 19-year-old girlfriend, Flavia Cardenas, in July 2013.

An East Baton Rouge Parish jury found him guilty of second-degree murder in November.

In another fatal heroin overdose case in the parish, Brandon Eirick, 32, of Baton Rouge, was sentenced last March to six years in prison in the death of his girlfriend, Leah Hutchinson, 31, in December 2013.

He pleaded guilty to negligent homicide and distribution of heroin.

17. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

There is a guy I personally know that got 120 years for dope. It's since been reduced to 60. I think the judge was being a hard ass and trying to make a point.

18. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

I hope this cat doesn't take this hush money.

I have a feeling this officer will be prosecuted for not correctly finishing the job.

19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Dope, as in weed? Yikes, regardless. Was he dealing in tonnes??

Arch...that is a hell of a sentence and its not even Federal.
    Reading the statistical uptick in deaths, it appears they are holding dealers accountable for them... Still though, leaner sentencing doesn't correlate to causation because criminals don't respect laws, especially if it's dropped to a boggling 50...most likely it's due to a glut influx coupled with cheap prices.

20. orejon4

The officer who murdered the man by shooting him in the back in SC.