Two "Black" girls talking about their racial identity.

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Thump, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

A white looking woman of mixed heritage talking about race with an Asian woman who was adopted by a black family.

2. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

*Mighty Lighty or who ever the most current hotep troll incarnation is logs in to niggasplain why they can't claim "black" in..3..2..1..*

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

You don't find it weird that they do though? I mean to each their own but its odd af

4. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

The White looking girl is mixed. Typically in America if you have one Black parent, you're entitled to claim being Black.

The Asian chick who was adopted by a Black family says her culture is Black, but I don't think she ever says that she herself is Black.

5. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Your right she doesn't, that's why I put the quotation marks around Black. However, she does say her culture is black so......

6. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

-----

7. LA

LA Well-Known Member

That white girl in the video is part black?

8. The Dark King

Everybody's black until its time to pay that black tax.
    Anyone else find it weird how people don't claim Asian Indian or Native American the say they do black. No kid who grows up around white people calls themselves culturally white. No person who presents as black or white but has an Asian parent tries to rep that Asian part so hard. Maybe because blackness is the only place where no is flat out rejected for being mixed?

9. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

She says that she is black/white and native American. She has a whole series of videos talking about how she looks (racially speaking) contrasting with how she feels.

10. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Not any different or odd from when black folks go around using some level of respectability politics to distance themselves from being black or try to potray themselves as some kind of "elite" black.

This.

She knows and accepts that she's Asian, but clearly she identifies with Black people & culture because that's what she was raised with and around. Same thing with her identifying as Southern and having the "Southern twang" to her voice.

11. The Dark King

Lol God why does shit like this make me laugh so hard. Trust and believe if shit starts getting real her feelings will quickly change

12. The Dark King

I guess. Just only see this feeling black deep down with only blackness. No one ever feels Asian or white

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

People feel White, Asian or whatever all the time. Especially "white" but that's encouraged because its viewed as default that everyone should aspire to.

Black folks feel possessive of Blackness because it's always used against us in some way, so when people who are not Black want to claim it, we feel that they need to have done something (for Black folks) to have earned it or pay some kind of a toll in order to get it. We pay a price for being Black so they should as well.

14. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

"Feeling Asian or white" is the default mode, though. Otherwise known as everyday, mainstream Murca

Like you said, everybody's "black" 'till it's time to pay that Black Tax. Believe the "mixed" white girl presents as a ditzy, Starbucks drinking damsel in distress when it suits her

15. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Sorry guys I like to keep it simple. No non-black chick going out of their way to prove how "down" they are with "black culture" is eligible for dating here

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  16. The Dark King

True story

17. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

She says somewhere else that she did a DNA test and it said she is 20% Sub-Saharan African, the rest of her DNA was from different places in Europe. I understand if she grew up only with her “black” (probably more like mixed) mum, she might identify more with that side “culturally “. But calling herself black would be a bit exaggerated.
    No offence, but sometimes I have this impression Americans are always looking for something exotic within them to talk about. Or not?

18. The Dark King

True let me rephrase I mean no one ever expresses their whiteness.

19. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

I know a lot of women who are married to say Italian or Spanish or French men. Over time they learn the language and cuisine and culture. Nobody finds that strange. But if you are with a black man, possibly from a completely different country and the same happens then people feel it’s something extraordinary. Which it’s not.

20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Shiiiiiiiiitttttt.....Mofos damn sure expressing it now. Both here in the States and in other Eurocentric places overseas.
    Plus White folks always selling their whiteness to non White folks if they aren't wiping them out directly. If they can't kill you, they'll convert you. You gonna get that Whiteness.....

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List