Trump's New Deal For Black America

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Nov 11, 2016.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Logic and numbers don't exist

2. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

"But if they did, they'd be the best numbers ever folks let me tell you. The best numbers anyone's ever seen. People tell me all the time how great the numbers are and it's unbelievable, believe me. You won't even believe it."

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Well, of course it was fake back then. They said mean things about him. All the good stuff is totally true though.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I knew this would upset you.
    The fact thst Black Unemployment is the lowest in 45 years.
    You should instead...be happy.
    Cheers.

5. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Nice deflection Bliss your hypocrisy is showing...again.

6. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Let me know when salaries and wages for the poor and middle class actually increase.
    Having to work 2-3 jobs because one doesn't pay a living wage isn't the best sign of a strong economy.

Trumptard just added $1.5 trillion dollars to the national debt so he could give the one-percent a permanent tax break they didn't need.
    So far Trump is coasting off the economy Obama left him. Just like George Dubya did when Clinton left office.

7. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Anything Trump does is always fake or way half way.

8. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

A solution in one word: segregation. That is all the president is suggesting.

I won't fall for this con.

9. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

He can say whatever (and he does), but one thing is clear. He doesn't give a damn about anyone who looks like me or you and/or others who aren't buying his crap and kissing his *ss.

10. andreboba

National deficit.

11. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Which is why I won't take the bait or drink the Kool-Aid.

12. DudeNY12

Agreed! I'm not one for telling folks where to align themselves, but at times it can be irritating how the Trump followers attempt to sell others on how he and his intentions/actions are so great for everyone. That when it's so obvious that there's no way he gives a crap about me. One... My skin color is too dark (yes, Trump supporters, I'm saying he racist, and he shows it constantly), I don't live in the right zip code, and I see him for what he is and has always been.

13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

So you actually think he wants Black Men jobless, wants illegal immigrants to replace you, wants areas of "no hope or change"?? Nah, sorry.
    There would be nothing more greater for him than to see AMERICAN BM thriving under his Administration. Whatever his motives, he does NOT want you to fail, and deep down you know this.

14. andreboba

Trump would be fine with even more BM in the criminal justice system than had jobs.
    What exactly has Trump done since he's been in the WH to benefit the poor and economically disenfranchised??

So far Trump's greatest legislative accomplishment was to give his personal buddies even more of the their taxes back, starving the federal government further and putting a greater tax burden on the middle class.

Trump rarely even hires Black folk.

The only place Trump is comfortable with BM earning a living is watching them play professional sports.
    Trump hasn't taken a single step to put his New Deal for Black America into action. And he never will.

It was another bogus campaign promise, right up there with Mexico is going to pay for building a wall along our Southern border.

Trump hasn't appointed any Blacks to his cabinet and hasn't nominated a single one for a judgeship or open federal position.
    NO one is falling for this con.lol

Basically Trump doesn't believe there are any Blacks or Hispanics qualified to work in his federal government.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  15. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Right Bliss, thats why he referred to the "Very fine People" on the alt right movement? The same people who are pushing for an all white ethno-state that would exclude any non-white people?

16. DudeNY12

Bullshit! What I'm saying is that he doesn't give a damn about me. For him it's all about pushing his agenda and being able to say.. I did this, that and the other, pathetically trying to spin it into being great for me, and trashing any and everyone who happens to not see things his way. Sure, he'd love to see me do well (as long as I never fall and god-forbid need any form of public assistance), but if I'm not doing well... It's my own fault and so on.

17. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Even if a black man is successful, he is under a lot of scrutiny and he has to mind his ps and qs. One mistake(no matter how small) can lead to long and hard fall.

The president has Ben Carson. And he will use Carson to say to the black community that, "I have a black man in my administration and he is filling me in."

Carson had his own problems before while he was campaigning and he had to drop out.

And Omarosa...well, she didn't last long during her time in the White House.

Let the games begin.

18. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Interesting how the drop of unemployment starts during Obama's era and continues to go down until now. Looks like his policies worked. I never understood how people could state the country was going in the wrong way.

19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

America’s first black billionaire says Trump economy has been good for African Americans
    [​IMG]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-says-trump-economy-benefits-black-americans/

Excerpts
    :
    BET founder Robert L. Johnson, America’s first black billionaire, said during a CNBC appearance on Friday that black Americans should be encouraged by the growing economy under President Trump.

“Something is going right,” said Johnson, owner and chairman of Bethesda-based asset management firm RLJ Companies.

Johnson, who’s been friendly with Trump through the years, said he had met with Trump at his golf club in New Jersey shortly after his win when the president-elect offered Johnson a cabinet position.

“I thought I would meet to see if there’s common ground with someone most in the black community might call an enemy,” Johnson told NBC at the time. “It was clearly based on the respect two businessmen would give each other.”

Johnson reiterated Friday that he turned down the cabinet position because he didn’t want to work for the government.

He said he continues to have access to top administration officials -- including Trump himself during a meeting last week in Florida -- who he speaks with regularly about improving the economic lives of African Americans. Among the issues he said he's engaged them on are encouraging black workers to save for retirement and keeping black-owned banks solvent so poor communities would have access to capital.

Johnson, a Democrat and supporter of Hillary Clinton, had previously penned an essay on how African American voters should respond to the “tectonic political rift” resulting in Trump’s election.

“Why shouldn't we, as Black voters, reject the notion that we are locked into one party which undoubtedly limits and dilutes our voting power? We should, instead, use the power of our vote to support and elect whichever party that best serves our interests,” Johnson wrote

He went on to quote former representative William Lacy Clay Sr. (D-Mo.), who formed the Congressional Black Caucus in 1971: "Black people have no permanent friends, no permanent enemies, just permanent interests."

“That was the CBC motto then and Black Americans should embrace it as our rallying cry today,”
    Johnson wrote.

20. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

He is right in some regards, black people need to get out of that "Democrat for life" mentality, truthfully White people should do the same thing there are a shit ton of white people who vote Republican because of bullshit undeserved loyalty. People should vote for their best interest, not for their race.

Having said that, he is also a rich person (one of the people most helped by tax cuts) so you have to take his endorsement of Trump's economic policies with a huge grain of salt. Also, rich people always obfuscate the truth about a "growing economy" economic growth in a capitalist society can (and often does) mean the rich are getting richer while the middle class and working poor see very little change.

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List