Trump says that all Haitians with US visas have AIDS and that Nigerians live in mud huts.

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Frederick, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I simply asked you a question. You didn't answer. It was a simple yes or no answer. You could've stated about the experiment with coccaine in the black community or the experiments on wounded black soldiers. It was made into a film called Miss Evers' Boys. Or the fact that in the CIA's inception after WW2, black men were not allowed to be recruited because it was a white male dominated club and it was believed that black men were not suitable for that service.

2. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. K

K Well-Known Member

Reality through movies.

Never ceases to amaze me when people try to relate to everything with movie analogies. I think there must be some sort of syndrome or something because there are a certain percentage of people who seem to be stuck in that track.

4. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Why do people do that? I chalk it up to the understanding that nothing is what it seems. Unless they have seen it for themselves with their own eyes. Not on television, movies or fiction novels. There are millions (perhaps billions) of documents covering numerous topics that are classified by the U.S. Government as top secret. There is a reason why it is so classified. That's why it is so attractive to those in film and conspiracy theorists because our government knows(and continues to find out more) and has done a lot of things that are not meant for us to know unless it is approved. We all know that.

I wasn't bringing up movies in my post. I am contributing to this discussion and topic.

My interests are not limited to films unless you and everyone here have categorized me as just a movie guy and nothing else. I understand and accept that.

You are welcome to ignore me, too.

5. K

K Well-Known Member

I would challenge you to not mention a movie for 6 months. I'm betting that you have MAYBE posted a handful of posts that do not contain some sort of movie reference. Which makes me wonder if you actually are capable of thinking for yourself.

I have no need to place you on ignore. I'm capable of ignoring you at will, and do frequently. And I certainly do not need your permission to do so.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Thank you very much. Carry on.

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Almost everything you referenced, apart from DACA, does not address illegal immigration.

Also, of course there are immigrants -legal and legal, who come here and look down on, or are racists towards Black Americans. And that's by all creeds and colors. It's just not covered much by the liberal-controlled MSM.

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

9. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

THe MSM didn't say the countries Donald Trump called 'shitholes' were great places, their point was how inappropriate and offensive it was for the POTUS to use such a description when discussing immigration policy.

Just because you come from a country ravaged by war or natural disasters, or failed government, or run by drug cartels, or is economically poor, doesn't mean you deserve to be called by the president of the United States, a shithole.

And it wasn't the shithole part of Trump's statement that was most offensive, it was his follow up question, asking can't we have more immigrants from places like Norway??

So, basically Trump is in FAVOR of immigration, so long as they look a certain way.

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Grow a pair, AB. Harsh words gets thrown around in private meeting, you know that. Besides, there were people present who refute him saying that, so far there is only one senator present- a Democrat who is for DACA - who said he said that.
    Now, semantics aside, the President more than likely invoked Norway because they are an ally whom he had just had their leader here as his guest the day prior, so he was more than likely playing up to her.

I think this is just an extension of his immigration policies and what's been going on in the world for yeaaars. a.k.a: Why is America supposed to take care of everybody?
    For example - Syria as we know has been ravaged by Bashir and ISIS.. We also know Clinton and Obama wanted to bring 100,000 Syrians here. Now Saudi Arabia, their nearby neighbor, have refused to take any refugees, even though they have over 100,000 fully functioning empty tent houses in their desert that they use for only one week of the year, during Mecca.
    Yet, they won't take their Muslim brethren in. Why?
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/sep/15/saudi-arabia-has-100000-air-conditioned-tents-sitt/

Every time there's a natural disaster or a war in the world, do you feel we should bring them here? Why not instead, help them in their own country, which we often do anyway? (even though Hillary lied that she was helping Haitian orphans with donated funds, but never did, but I digress).
    I mean, the Left's daily faux outrage of "catastrophic consequences" at every little word he says is stupid at this point.

11. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

America isn’t helping everyone. If you want to you can take the 1.000.000 plus refugees we have taken in lately in Germany alone and the other millions from the rest of the EU and the million in Lebanon and so on. You guys took some few thousands well-educated, quadruple-checked Syrians and have been crying ever since.
    If anything America can stop this funny visa lottery. Every other person from the English-speaking provinces of Cameroon seems to get a visa through that lottery. I totally don’t understand the quota. The number of people I know who got a visa through the lottery is ridiculous. But then, they are all employed, most of them in nursing. Wonder who will do all the nursing jobs especially in care for the elderly when the immigrants from the shithole countries aren’t there.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  12. Madeleine

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  13. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

It wasn't just Senator Dick Durban who said Trump used the word 'shithole'. Republican Lindsey Graham didn't deny Trump said it either.
    We've got a pathological liar for POTUS who recently claimed the Access Hollywood tapes that recorded him saying, 'grab them by the pussy', isn't real, and you're going to take his word for truth over two tenured U.S. Senators?? Yeah right.

And no, when you're in formal negotiations with members of Congress on immigration policy, you don't talk like an uneducated dock worker on the Lower East Side.

Trump's intent was obvious and it's disheartening how you're trying to spin it.
    The POTUS clearly prefers immigrants from White European countries rather than those from shithole African and Latin American ones.
    That's how White nationalists and White supremacists think.
    If you feel you're losing your country demographically to non-White citizens, of course you would want an influx of White Europeans seeking to immigrate.

But what Trump doesn't understand is, if you are White and from the EU, why would you leave a country where you have universal healthcare and subsidized college education??

As Madeleine said, the EU is picking up the pieces of the catastrophes our military misadventures around the world have caused.

The reluctance to bring non-White immigrants into this country by conservatives is purely nativist and ideological and has very little to do with enforcing the law.

14. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I remember meeting a young Latino man back in the 80's. He didn't speak English but he understood gestures. He was sleeping under one of the back stairways in the mall I was working in at the time. He was also sleeping in a garage in town. I put him up at a motel for the night. He later got a job working with me and my other co-workers and he was doing fine. He found a room to rent. But later, he was gone. Our boss told us that he was in the country illegally and he had to be deported. He was not a bad guy. He was friendly and hard working. We missed him. Illegal immigration was a hot topic back then because of the crimes against and from illegal immigrants. The media coverage was steady then and at the time New York City and other coastal areas were where most of them were found. A lot of them were homeless and living in abandoned houses. I remember another young boy who died in a house fire in the dead of winter. He and a few squatters were trying to keep warm. The house was burned out. Many people in the neighborhood, though sad about the boy's death, were glad that the house was gone because it was attracting the homeless.

I have not encountered any immigrants who showed any racist behavior toward me. If there is, there's nothing I can do about it.

15. Madeleine

Even for Europeans it's been getting more difficult to get a visa to the US.
    But if he wants "Europeans" and plans to.put a scheme in place (which will of course never happen because of obvious racism) then he shouldn't worry. I hardly know any Afro-German who wouldn't move to the US in a heartbeat. He will get to know a lot of black Europeans he probably doesn't even know exist.

16. Madeleine

Anyway, I am travelling to the capital of one of them shithole countries soon. And I'm gonna have a blast. The President is missing out on a lot of good things because of his narrow-mindedness.

17. medullaslashin

medullaslashin Well-Known Member

I think Roy Moore got 7 percent of the black male vote... and Roy Moore is pro-slavery. The stupids will have their say.

18. medullaslashin

medullaslashin Well-Known Member

Regarding illegal immigration, people who want to make sense are caught in the middle. On the one hand, there's the choice of joining team dotard... on the other hand the "left" seems to want open borders & "bending the law" for illegals.

I want the law to be enforced if a cop commits a crime. I want the law to be enforced if a mexican jumps the border (or a nigerian or chinese or russian for that matter).

Trump (and his supporters) are idiots. Sure, let's spend billions on a wall -- when we could spend a fraction of that (or even raise revenue) by viciously penalizing every fucking business that dares hire an illegal alien.

What trumptards don't realize is their leader is never going to go after the moneyed interests.

For the record, bernie sanders is against open borders. Think 2020.

19. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

Progressives in the past were vehemently against illegal immigration/open borders.

Anybody that thinks Dr King would be cool with letting untold millions into the Country to replace his people in their own communities/jobs, is high on stupidity.

20. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Freeway Rick Ross...