The Vegan Spot: Diet Tips, Skincare, Recipes, etc.

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by Bliss, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

It's great IF you know what you are doing. It's an ever evolving diet, and can't be done overnight. It can take years....particularly due to cravings and physical and social conditionings. That's why there are many levels and definitions. The best way to tell after you aquire your basic nutrients, is to measure how you FEEL. : )

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

3. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I've read an entire book that says the same thing about wheat.

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

It might be the same author, but the other day I was watching on PBS where they have those talk health experts and it was a guy that had written a book about how bad wheat OF TODAY is for us, and how wheat in our diet is a blip on our evelutionary eating habits.
    I did look it up on Amazon and looked up the reviews and what not - there were readers that were speaking pro and con for this guy's book ...but it was very interesting. I forget his name, though.

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  6. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

The book is called Wheat Belly by Dr. William Davis. I've decided to go grain-free because grains give me acid reflux, especially wheat. That's one less source of carbs I have to worry about, too.

7. Gemini74

Gemini74 Well-Known Member

stunning. lawd, he makes that look like it s the easiest thing in the world. just amazing.

8. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

I've been vegetarian since 2000 and verging on vegan...cheese is the last animal product I've got to cut from my diet.

If you know what you're doing, you can get all of your dietary requirements without eating animals or their byproducts. I find the meals tastier and there's far more variety

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

great post read, ^^^Tarshi ^^^

Yeah, that's him/it. Like l said, pro and cons. I eat certain grains, namely those as close to natural state as possible. And then intermitedly.
    It all boils down to how you feel, physically and or psychologically and or morally.

It's like he's workout-moonwalking. Incredible.
    And the inspiring accompanying monologue...that would get me going every morning. :)

10. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Fish is meat. You are still eating flesh of an animal. Nothing wrong with fish though.

11. Gemini74

Gemini74 Well-Known Member

i didnt chose to eat fish with the thought of not eating animals, as many do.
    i wanted to reduce my meat consume at first (beef, chicken etc) and since i was never too much a fan of fish that was an idea.
    replaced the meat i like with something i wasnt to much into leaded to eating almost no meat at all and less fish then i used to eat meat before.
    mind games, lol. but it worked.

12. jayisshowtime

jayisshowtime New Member

vegetarian!

being either vegetarian/vegan has gotten easier over the years. i'm living in asia, and thus far it has been easier to keep up with it by the way of cooking and/or eating out. - veggies, fruits, lentils/beans, chickpeas, herbs/spices, etc. are so plentiful and cheap.

side note: living in asia, one definitely learns how to eat less. keeping dry fruits and nuts on hand at all times, one can fulfill their caloric/protein requirements in no time.

13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

^^^Jay, good to know Asian cuisine makes is easier for you. ^^^^^

My next step is to give up cheese except for very rarely ...authentic regianno parmesan, which has strict laws on how it's produced ONLY from Italy, and authentic greek feta where the goats roam free...

So found some vegan ones to taste test next..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More...and their reviews...
    http://www.chooseveg.com/the-definitive-guide-to-vegan-cheese

I read also CHAO brand, KITEHILL brand and TREELINE brand 'cheeses' taste Great.

*Also...
    - California based Mykonos Kitchen who make artisan nut vegan cheeses has free shipping today only.. http://MiyokosKitchen.com/
    Promo...
    http://shop.miyokoskitchen.com/

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  14. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

:( i don't think i could give up cheese??? gorgonzola...feta...blue cheese...egss might be tough as well...one step at a time...

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I hear you. Cheese is a tough one. Likely the last thing l will eventually give up, only because l rarely eat it now so it's savored.

When l indulge my preference for artisan cheeses, l buy them imported from Europe, where BHT hormones and antibiotics are banned, or from any U.S. certified conscious farm that doesn't drug and abuse their goats and cows.

To cut costs, l hit Russian markets (they sell cheese from every country at really low prices), and Whole Foods' own 365 Brand. (much cheaper than reg Supermarkets).

16. goodlove

goodlove New Member

so would u guys say its easier to be veggie depending on the country's culture

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

.[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member