The Official Soccer/Futbol Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by LA, Apr 18, 2009.

1. LA

LA Well-Known Member

^.

2. Sir Nose

Sir Nose New Member

Who is your team?

3. learnin2fly08

learnin2fly08 New Member

Manchester United!

But I do like several players from Liverpool...I know if you're a United fan you're supposed to hate Liverpool...but I mean Gerrard, Alonso, and Torres...who could hate those guys?

4. Madiba

Madiba New Member

Bad day for my team; got knocked out of the FA cup today, by Chelsea. Goal keeping error. Still got the champions league to aim for though!

5. Madiba

Madiba New Member

huh!

Thats a first for me. United fans dont usually admit this in public.LOL.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  6. Madiba

Madiba New Member

Any Liverpool fans here? Tonight was a classic: Liverpool 4 Arsenal 4. Amazing match! Think we have dented your title hopes though.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  7. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Gotta love the Arsenal! Been a fan of theirs since college.

8. fromrussiawithlove

fromrussiawithlove New Member

The best football team in the world :D
    But you like everyone that I hate at Liverpool. I have to admit that Torres is a fantastic striker, but he's a diving cheating spanish scouse scum bastard. Stevie G is unbelievable. Did anyone listen to him in the post match analysis yesterday?!
    "EEERM well, in my opinion, Fernando Torres is man of the match."
    No he isn't. Arshavin scored FOUR GOALS. This hasn't been done at Anfield since 1946.
    "EEEEEERM Pepe Reina is the best goalkeeper in the world."
    No he isn't. How does conceding 11 goals in THREE GAMES make you the best goal keeper? He's not even close.

Yesterday's game was fantastic. I think of Arsenal weren't being so tight during the summer and bought Arshavin, they'd be top of the league now (I won't say anything about the defending for now!!)

Does anyone else think that there's something wrong with the way the top four have been defending recently though? So many goals being conceded, it's shocking. Great for a neutral though.

9. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

As opposed to Ronaldo?!?!? Talk about diving and whining!?!?!?:D You Man U. fans are gonna get slammed by the Arsenal on the 29th and the 5th:smt062

10. Madiba

Madiba New Member

Hehe, tell her Loki, London 2012-Ronaldo for gold in the Olympic diving!:smt026

11. fromrussiawithlove

Hey, I'm not a Ronaldo fan :p I'm his harshest critic.
    To be fair, some of the best players just CAN'T seem to cut the diving out of their game. Ronaldo, Torres, Gerrard and Drogba are horrible for it. I have a love hate relationship with Drogba, I think he's a fantastic striker but he lacks sportsmanship and respect for other players. He was lucky not to get the shit kicked out of him by lovely Vidic at the champion's league.
    [​IMG]

Oh and with the way Arsenal have been conceding goals, I doubt it :p
    United and Arsenal are seeing WAY too much of each other over the next few weeks though!!

12. tuckerreed

tuckerreed New Member

Everton, Barca, Parma!

13. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Have to agree with you about Drogba and I would throw in Adebayor as well, fantastic talent, but toooo much whining and arrogance in both of them, need to be better team players. Don't worry about my Arsenal we will tighten up our defending when we meet you Devils!:razz:

14. LaydeezmanCris

LaydeezmanCris New Member

I'm a Gooner for life!!! Arsenal ride or die!! In fact, as we speak, i'm wearing my Cesc Fabregas jersey. :cool: I love "soccer" more than even basketball - hey, i'm Nigerian and we love our soccer like crazy.

I'm not entirely sure we can win the League this year, but i genuinely believe Arsenal have a chance to win the Champions League. Don't get me wrong, it aint going to be easy, especially having to play Manchester United twice, but we can do it. We've got a young team, very hungry for success and are firing on all cylinders at the mo. Only bad luck - and a terrible referee a la 2006 Final - can stop us from winning this time around.

15. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

:smt038:smt023

16. fromrussiawithlove

Funnily enough, most of my non Mancunian friends happen to be Arsenal fans. Arsenal fans are alright :p
    I don't think that you'll win the League this year either, it's between United and Liverpool. HOPEFULLY we're starting to get out of our slump now and with the games in hand, we should really win the premiership again. Liverpool have easy games left though, we've still got Arsenal and City so we could struggle. Liverpool winning the league would be a national tragedy. The only thing worse would be City breaking into the top 4.

I'm not very confident about the champions league for United. We've not been scoring a lot but our defending is getting better, whereas Arsenal (or should I say Arshavin) have been scoring, but your defending is shocking. So the champions league games could really go either way really.

17. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

You are without a doubt one of the most knowledgeable Euro football fans I have come across, I always enjoy reading your analysis, even if you are a Man U. fan:yawinkle:

18. LaydeezmanCris

LaydeezmanCris New Member

You Man U fans are suckas:smt106. Well, you're not as annoying as Chelsea fans, but don't get too happy lol.

Man U vs Arsenal tonight at Old Trafford. I generally don't like predicting tight games like this because more often than not, i get the scores right but the teams wrong. So i'm not going to make any picks, but anyone expecting a high scoring affair should watch basketball instead because they aren't going to be many goal celebrations in both legs. It will be somewhat defensive minded, with both teams playing a cautious game in the first leg, especially Man U.

Nonetheless, i'm rooting for my homeboys Arsenal obviously, but i'm not taking anything for granted, especially against a team with about as much consistency as the British weather.

19. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Man. U 1 Arsenal 0 oh well, gotta hope we turn it around on the 5th.

20. fromrussiawithlove

Don't worry, we'll thrash you in the second leg! Haha, I watched the game with one United fan, two Arsenal fans and one VERY bitter Liverpool fan. Fun times!