The Offensive Awards

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Oh wow.. I went to this City councilman's page
    https://m.facebook.com/CouncilmanETC/posts/1612219932241761

You have to read the excuse this man is giving for charging him. People have called him out.

So, apparently they took CCTV from businesses, tracked down the people that he would pull pranks on, and convinced them to file charges. Seriously?
    I'm sorry, I just think this is an extreme overreaction. Have a serious warning talk to the young man, but don't charge him w/ 21 crimes, OMG.

Now he will likely plead out in exchange for a lower amount of counts and then have a record for life.

Edit: l watched a compilation of his prank videos on YT. He's quite the jerk, not funny, obnoxious, rude, insulting, embarrass folks :oops:... Still think it's an overreaction, though. But l'm gonna ask to delete this thread or please move it to the Offensive Awards thread. Can't defend his behavior.
    @Tamstrong

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  3. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

@RicardoCooper @Frederick @meowkittenmeow Well it looks like pandering to online SJWs has backfired on Terry Crews

Article with tweets: https://boundingintocomics.com/2019...ter-comments-on-the-importance-of-fatherhood/

https://twitter.com/terrycrews/status/1099765116621344768
    [​IMG]
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/23/opinion/my-brothers-keeper-obama.html

https://twitter.com/TheBlackChannel/status/1101767477300789249
    [​IMG]

https://twitter.com/CurtisScoon/status/1101954253143318528
    [​IMG]

https://twitter.com/216_midas/status/1102030575517556736
    [​IMG]

https://twitter.com/Craigs_VCR/status/1101926865734914048
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
  4. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Be careful of any person or movement who require you to self reflect but NEVER require that of themselves. Especially black men since nearly everything lobbed at us is bullshit and part of supporting the fragile egos of white supremacist supporters, black women,feminists included. Our only role in their fiction is to be violent so they have a boogeyman to destroy or contrite so they have someone to use and abuse who keep their mouths shut. I'm coming to the conclusion that a lot of these movements are destined to fail because they are female driven. Not to say women can't shit done, they can, but taking control of the narrative creates an energy that is exemplified in other parts of female society. The instance that no matter what they are always right, its ALWAYS someone else's fault regardless of data or empirical evidence. We see this in conversations about the wage gap and more specifically to us when people say nonsense like black men are the white people of black people and black male privilege. There is absolutely no middle ground or even any long term thinking when it comes to the very issues that are being out forth. It's basically I'm right and you need to support that or you're against me. Compromise and coalition are completely and utterly off the table. At this point beware your allies because those who seem to care so much about black men would do us more harm than our enemies.

6. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

7. ColiBreh1

Wow!! They really made Terry Crews bow down & apologize just for saying it's important for kids to have a Father figure in their lives: https://atlantablackstar.com/2019/0...f-kids-having-a-father-figure-in-their-lives/

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. darkcurry

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Man, if this (satire) doesn't perfectly sum up the absurdity this whole CultApp has become..

It’s time to admit that St. Patrick’s day is a hate crime riddled with cultural appropriation

Anyone caught celebrating St. Patrick's day in any form should be ashamed of themselves
    [​IMG] NPC 10 hours ago
    2,388 1 minute read

[​IMG]

St. Patrick’s day, or as we like to refer to it – Irish Cultural Appropriation Day – is one of the most vile excuses for an American abuse of foreign history imaginable. The concept of leprechauns is racist and bigoted. Four leaf clovers are hateful, triggering and wrong. Drinking green beer is intolerant and pretending to be Irish – a historically oppressed people – is morally reprehensible.

Liberals are lining up, rushing, shoving one another in a frenzy to the nearest safe space because of how hurt they are that another culture is so casually abused. Let’s make one thing clear – cultural appropriation is wrong, and the systemic marketing of this reprehensible trend is horrifying.

READ: “The Nightmare Before Christmas” Illustrates the Dangers of Cultural Appropriation

If you don’t wear green, you will get pinched? Excuse me? Not only are you violently appropriating another culture whilst their historical ancestors cry in their graves, you’re now advocating sexual assault if someone opts to not take part in this hedonistic holiday?! If someone threatens to pinch you or come anywhere near you simply because you aren’t wearing green on this Americanized shameful day, stand your ground. No one has the right to touch you without your consent, regardless of whatever customs they choose to adhere to based on societal norms.

St. Patrick’s Day is offensive, plain and simple. Don’t celebrate it. Don’t advocate for it. Don’t even look at anything green. The only green any self respecting liberal should focus on is the Green New Deal. Diversity is our strength."

10. AtomSmasher86

AtomSmasher86 Well-Known Member

@ColiBreh1 So whats your thoughts about Shea-booty twitter 'cancelling' Daniel Caesar for defending YesJulz? I just heard about it, and I'm not too keen about the outrage.

11. AtomSmasher86

AtomSmasher86 Well-Known Member

I'm curious, and I have a question. Gucci was cancelled for apparent 'Blackface' but is this cool?.....

[​IMG]

So if the color were inverted (black background, red lips) then Bathing Apes would be done? For that matter does the 'Urban-community' not have a problem having 'Ape' labeled on them? Theoretically speaking this letterman jacket by their measure would be worse or as worse as the blackface Gucci...don't ask me why this gets a pass...btw Bathing Apes is a Japanese brand...yes Japan, where blackface is normal.

12. ColiBreh1

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  13. darkcurry

I was watching as Jemele Hill was defending herself for coming at him and calling out the men but as soon as someone mentioned that time Gronk was twerking on her she got real quiet.
    [​IMG]

I don't agree with everything Tariq Nasheed says about race(sometimes he goes overboard) but I think he is right about folks turning this racial and black folks like Jemele eating those butter biscuits. LOL!!

14. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Whoops, lol!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Watched it 3 times. What a load of crap. It's something people might say to the question she asked, during a lively back and and forth.
    Levar is my least favorite person but that's some BS they pulled on him. It reads worse than it sounded. It's all about context. . What's the difference than if he said, "sure, ok", versus what he said. It's the same context.

I mean, the guy is arrogant as fuck and he meant it as he said it! ala, come with it.

16. ColiBreh1

I just listened to Jaye De Black's commentary on this. I didn't realize the media made a big deal about this too:

17. darkcurry

Kudos to Lavar not giving into the sensitive folks and not apologizing for something he never did. BTW Robert Littal pointed out that ESPN has had somebody that WORKS for the network, Will Cain has said some racist shit on air talking sideways about black athletes. I can't find anything though. But it's probably true.

Good video. I get Molly's immediate reaction, but it's not what everyone thought it was. This is what happens when people are triggered and starts to jump the gun and have snap judgement. Not assessing a situation makes people fragile and snowflakes like that.

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

This in a nutshell. Summed up beautifully. About everything nowadays.

19. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

I've been a fan of Jalen's since the Fab Five and will continue to support him, but this LaVar Ball thing is embarrassing.

Ball is a clown, but Qerim overreacted. Plus, she's constantly flirting on air anyway, so it shouldn't have been a big even if it was meant in a sexual way.

20. darkcurry

Yeah I saw a cringey moment where she was talking about her body to Max. And when she was on NFL network she seemed to have no problem with the sexual innuendos they were ALL participating in where she was acting like a center in football. Just another reason why the shit people are having a problem with now days are due to it being trendy now to be offended by everything. Faux Outrage just to get likes.