The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

But regardless of that. Shout out TO Ryan Reynolds for giving Wesley his flowers. Respect!!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

** Warning mini rant incoming**

I really don’t like any of the Deadpool movies. As far as I’m concerned, Ryan Reynolds has ruined that character. The character in the comics would just poke a small hole in the fourth wall every once in a while, but Ryan Reynolds has completely obliterated the fourth wall. Not to get too metaphorical, but a wall exists for a reason, when you break the wall too much, you literally ruin the Structure of the story. All three of the Deadpool movies have dog shit stories, and bad jokes, but Deadpool fans don’t seems to notice because of the “Humor“ and violence.

When I saw the first movie, I felt like I was taking crazy pills because I was only one coming out of the theater talking about how much it sucked.

The sad part is someday another actor will take up the role and portray a more comic accurate version of Deadpool, and no one will like it because they’ll be expecting Ryan-pool.

Having said all that, I do like Ryan Reynolds as an actor, and he does seem to be a nice guy. He’s also one heck of a businessman.

3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

He was the same way in Blade: Trinity. I couldn't watch some of his scenes without cringing at his one-liners. lol.

But he did a much better job with the comedy in The Hitman's Bodyguard.

4. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

The new trailer for Kraven The Hunter.
    In theaters December 13th.

image.jpg

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

FB_IMG_1723604616315.jpg

6. SilverSmith

DC Announces New Black Lightning Series

Black Lightning is returning in his headlining solo comic as part of DC's upcoming 'All In' publishing initiative, as seen in DC's full November 2024 solicitations, and he's bringing his super-powered daughters Thunder and Lightning with him on a mission of outreach between the superhero community and non-powered humans in the post-Absolute Power DC Universe.

Writer Brandon Thomas teams up with artist Fico Ossio for the five-issue limited series which kicks off a new era of Black Lightning complete with new looks for the whole Pierce family (Jefferson Pierce/Black Lightning, Anissa Pierce/Thunder, and Jennifer Pierce/Lightning) designed by Ossio himself.

Absolute Power limited series. To help, Jefferson is joining the newly rebuilt Justice League Unlimited as part of a "crisis response unit" that helps emerging metahumans with their powers.

"This story is highly personal for Jefferson because he’s doing this with the help of his youngest daughter Jennifer, and effectively combining his roles as both Super Hero and educator," writer Brandon Thomas tells The Beat, who first announced the new Black Lightning comic. "His oldest daughter Anissa plays a key role in the series as someone whose powers have changed after Absolute Power, and is in dire need of her father’s help."

"While the Pierce family struggles to hold it all together, a mystery rival consolidates power and legitimacy, weaponizing public sentiment that declares that 'Waller was right' to fear these power mad gods," he concludes.

Airbrush-Image-Enhancer.jpg

• List
  7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I'm noticing a disturbing trend from both DC & Marvel when it comes to series with black centric characters: they only get limited run series (6 or less issues) compared to standard white centric series which get 12-24 issue runs, sometimes more. Marvel has done this within the last year with both Black Panther & Blade with their recent series (both for Black Panther with his main continuity series & the new Ultimate version. They ended the most recent Blade series run at 10 issues then did the Blood Hunt event which semi centered around him for the most part & will release a new limited series in October. Where are the long standing ongoing series for black characters? Only one I know of that's up coming is Storm and I have a feeling that may only go up to only 12 issues once it's out.

8. SilverSmith

Black Canary: Best of the Best
    A Brand-New Series Featuring DC’s Bare-Knuckle Brawler

Black Canary has earned a reputation as one of the most lethal hand-to-hand fighters in the DC Universe. Combined with her trademark Canary Cry, she’s a force to be reckoned with. This November, award-winning writer Tom King and artist Ryan Sook are preparing Black Canary for the match of the millennium in an all-new six-issue series, Black Canary: Best of the Best.

“I’ve been wanting to tell this story for a few years, and I’m excited for fans to see what Ryan and I have planned for Dinah,” said King. “He’s got the perfect art style for this series, and fans will feel every punch and kick thrown from the first issue to the finale.”

Black Canary faces her toughest opponent yet, Lady Shiva, in a battle to determine who is the single greatest hand-to-hand fighter in the DC Universe. To make it to the final round, Black Canary will need all her fighting skills and ability, plus additional training from some of DC’s most accomplished fighters, including Batman, Wildcat, and even her mother, the original Black Canary.

image (10).jpg

9. SilverSmith

The NEW teaser trailer for Netflix's Tomb Raider anime

• List
  10. SilverSmith

11. SilverSmith

Prime Video has officially unveiled its new adult-animated anthology series Secret Level, featuring original short stories set within the worlds of popular video games. The announcement of the show, which comes from the creative team behind Netflix’s acclaimed series Love, Death & Robots, was made during the Gamescom Opening Night Live global livestream.

The 15-episode series, which will premiere Dec. 10, will feature such games as Pac-Man, Dungeons & Dragons, Crossfire, Exodus, Spelunky, Warhammer 40,000, and various PlayStation titles.

image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. SilverSmith

1070.png

• List
  13. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

14. SilverSmith

The NEW poster for the final season of Arcane.

image (4).jpg

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  15. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Interesting, I've always thought someone should make a TV show/movie based on Game CGI.

16. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

17. SilverSmith

Warner Bros. has released the trailer for the anime feature film The Lord of the Rings: The War of the Rohirrim.

image (4) (1).jpg

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  18. SilverSmith

Terminator Zero: Netflix rolls out an all-new trailer.

356.jpg

• List
  19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]