The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

You've already agreed that they are using real physics. So what's the issue?

If I see something outside of physics then I can search that particular thing. Simple.

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I know the powers of my favorite characters. What I see is that you couldn't make a case for why speed force is better than flying.

That's just like debating who would win a fight. If you can't make your case it's not that I have more to learn, you just couldn't make your case.

3. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Wonder Woman 1984 Moves From Summer to Fall

Wonder Woman 1984
    is on the move once again, with Warner Bros. shifting the superhero sequel's release date out of summer.
    Patty Jenkins’ superhero is moving from Aug. 14 to Oct. 2. The news comes the same day that the studio shifted Christopher Nolan's Tenet back two weeks to July 31.

The release date shifts, and Tenet in particular, provides clarity in regards to when Hollywood theaters expect the box office to return in earnest. It remains to be seen whether Disney relocates Mulan, which is presently scheduled to hit the big screen on July 24.

Wonder Woman 1984 returns star Gal Gadot in the titular role. The shift from August to fall marks the second release date change for the tentpole. The sequel had originally been set to hit theaters in early June, but the novel coronavirus pandemic disrupted those plans after cinemas closed en masse in the latter part of March.

Jenkins' Wonder Woman grossed a huge $821 million at the worldwide box office in 2017.

[​IMG]

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/wonder-woman-1984-moves-summer-october-1298282

4. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I am not making a case for which is better. That depends on individual preference. I am explaining that the physics you are applying to the speed force doesn’t necessarily apply in the comics. We aren’t having a debate, as I mentioned, if flying is important to you, then I understand your preference for it.

5. meowkittenmeow

I said it depends on the storyline, character, and whether or not it is canon. But, as I mentioned, this isn’t a debate. This is the Nerdz Lounge for comic book stuff, not for attempting to apply real world science to modern day mythology. I don’t discuss F words and M words here as my stuff always gets deleted. So, unless you want to debate who is the stronger hero/villain, I have no interest in trying to apply real life rules to imaginary stories. TDK was interested in that when he previously mentioned Batman and privilege. So, he might be someone you may want to debate with.

Personally, I’m more of a Lex Luthor fan.

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

The explanation Coop gave was good, then he suggested I'm applying physics to a story that doesn't use real life physics......wrong.

There is no story that doesn't use real life physics, I'm just using what they use.

Where am I applying physics that they are not using?

Are you high?

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Is there no physics in the hulk video? If they can use it, how is it different when I say the same thing?

8. meowkittenmeow

Wow... ok... well, I’ve been called out for less, so maybe the science thing is fine. But, as I mentioned, I don’t have any interest in debating your preference in flying over running. I simply mentioned that the speed force doesn’t necessarily meet the requirements for real life science.

That being said, if you are looking for scientific debate, there are threads for that and a whole topic section for it. All I did was tell you that the mechanics of the speed force don’t necessarily involve real life science. And to go in depth on what they have done in the numerous decades to explain it would take some time. This seems to be a big thing for you and that’s fine. I’m just not here to debate real world science and comic books.

And no, I don’t do drugs or take any narcotics. Nor have I been prescribed any. So, no, I am not high. I didn’t watch the video on the Hulk, because my statement is in reference to DC, the flash, and superman. I am honestly a little confused as to why this conversation has continued when my statements weren’t confrontational or meant to start a debate. I will say it one more time, if you prefer flight, then yes, superman would be the way to go.

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

It was done when you said it wasn't a debate then to you suggested again that I'm applying physics where there is none.

That's what I don't get but let's just drop it.

10. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

11. meowkittenmeow

I’ve only ever played the first game on nintendo.

12. Tamstrong

The Legend of Zelda franchise has come a long way since then; so many great games.

13. Tamstrong

14. meowkittenmeow

Are you getting the xbox series x or the playstation 5? I was going with the xbox, but then I saw spiderman miles morales, so I might go with that.

15. Tamstrong

Right now I don't have plans to buy either, but I haven't really looked into them yet.

16. meowkittenmeow

I will probably get the PS5 via preorder, and get the Xbox series X 3 months post-launch (I always end up having to send Xboxes back for non-defective ones, if I preorder them.

17. Tamstrong

Cool. That seems to be a common problem with the new Xboxes.

18. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Here's hoping Microsoft and Sony read the current situation correctly and price their new consoles reasonably. 40 million people lost their jobs over the last 3 months and a lot of those jobs were staffed by young people (18-35 year-olds) who are the main game buying demographic. If those consoles are more than $500 it's going to price out a lot of people. Me, I'm getting both consoles eventually but I'm probably going to get an X-Box Series-X first just because I'm a Halo junkie, and with Xbox's game pass I'll have a whole library of games to play day one.

19. meowkittenmeow

I didn’t consider halo. I read they changed it a bit and there is a mild rpg aspect to it. Not sure how true that is.

20. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Here's an extended The Last of Us Part II commercial, which features Ellie on the run from both survivors and the infected. The Last of Us Part II, available for PlayStation 4 on June 19, takes place five years after the first game.