The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Yeah but if you can fly you can do simple stuff like feel the acceleration due to gravity whenever you want without any risk of death.

It won't even cost you any energy. You just ride the energy from the gravity field and accelerate from any height you want.

You literally gain roughly 22 mph every second from free energy.

I would do that shit every day. LOL

2. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Da fuck you know about Ceder Point?

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

The dragster, the millenium force and much more. That's my joint. I'm an acceleration junkie.

4. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

You are still applying real life science to comic science. The speed force provides more.

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I'm applying very basic stuff. If people can walk on the ground in comics (they do) that's due to the acceleration of gravity. The only difference is if you take away the normal force that counters it (the ground) you can enjoy the acceleration.

Comics still has the very basic physics or everyday people wouldn't understand the episodes.

6. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Captain Marvel of the DC Universe, due to copyright reasons now known as "Shazam," can beat Superman because he is vulnerable to magic.

Check "Kingdom Come" when he was roasting Superman with his magic lightning, that was the baddest they ever played him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. meowkittenmeow

I agree, but you are leaving out the comic physics of the speed force. Which is why it doesn't, necessarily apply here. Some canon it may, other canon, it may not.

8. meowkittenmeow

Really? Ugh, that's bullshit. Oh well. I like Shazam.

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

From what I understand it's like a force field. I get that you won't feel the drift from the wind but is that all?

Free energy from the gravity field sounds better to me. I can play with that all day.

10. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

11. RicardoCooper

No, the Speed Force works like The Force in Star Wars. It is an extradimensional energy field that all speedsters can tap into but it needs a catalyst for a speedster to be able to access it i.e. the accident that gave Barry Allen his powers, Johnny Quick's speed formula, etc.

Trying to assign real-world physics to a comic-book concept is like the pedantic guy on your timeline trying analyze and apply logic to a joke post.

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I'm not assigning anything.

Do these people walk on the ground or not?

How do they walk on the ground? Did I tell them to walk on the ground or did they do that themselves?

The fact that you never thought of the ability to walk on the ground as the free energy that it is, doesn't say anything about me.

13. RicardoCooper

Sir, they're comic book characters

14. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

That use physics from the real world.

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Anyone can feel free to explain how they walk on the ground in comics. If there is no explanation it's obviously implied.

16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Denny O'Neil, One of Comics' Most Influential Writers, Has Died

[​IMG]

Dennis "Denny" O'Neil -- a longtime and acclaimed writer and editor for both Marvel and DC -- has passed away at the age of 81.

As reported by Newsarama, O'Neil's family says he died in his home on June 11 of natural causes.

O'Neil was born in 1939 in St. Louis, MO, and after graduating from college, he joined the Navy before eventually landing a job writing columns for a newspaper. This put him on the radar of Roy Thomas, who helped him get his start at Marvel, where he wrote Strange Tales, Rawhide Kid, Millie the Model, Daredevil, X-Men and more.

After his initial stint at Marvel, O'Neil worked with Dick Giordano at Charlton Comics under the pseudonym Sergius O 'Shaugnessy and in 1968, Giordano brought him over to DC, where he shook up the status quo on Wonder Woman and Justice League of America and introduced The Creeper. The JLA run, in particular, helped lay the foundation for one of O'Neil's most notable works, Green Lantern/Green Arrow, as well as the story in Green Lantern #85-86 in which Roy Harper/Speedy was revealed to be addicted to heroin.

O'Neil is also credited with bringing Batman back to his gritty roots in the 1970s following the fan-favorite 1960s television series starring Adam West. During this time, he co-created the iconic Batman foe Ra's al Ghul, helped revitalize Two-Face and The Joker, co-created Leslie Thompkins and killed off the original incarnation of Batwoman, Kathy Kane.

Other notable titles O'Neil worked on include Superman, Superman vs. Muhammad Ali, The Shadow, Captain Marvel, The Question, The Amazing Spider-Man and novelizations of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, and he's credited as the co-creator of Madame Web, Hydro-Man, Obadiah stane/Iron Monger, the Silver Centurian armor, Yuriko Oyama (the future Lady Deathstrike), Azrael and many more.

Outside of writing, O'Neil served on the editorial staff at both Marvel and DC, as well as the board of directors for The Hero Initiative.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

18. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Explain this. What happens if you fall out a window in the comics? Does hulk not do this in the comics?

19. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

20. meowkittenmeow

You would need to put equal effort into learning about comic book science as you do actual science to get an understanding of how things work. They’ve had decades to explain and expand upon the concepts of their heroes powers.