The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance | Teaser | Netflix

2. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Announced for October 25

Developer Infinity Ward has officially announced Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, a reboot of the long-running sub series with a vigorous focus on steely realism.

[​IMG]

3. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Alright, finna finally check out Syfy's "The Magicians" off the strength of @The Dark King & @meowkittenmeow recommending the show.

Which females on the show did y'all say are supposed to be the bad chicks again?

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

The blonde Alice and the Indian chick Margot. Truth be told everyone is more or less hot

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Man please, Batman hasn't upgraded that suit since the 1940's........lol

6. SilverSmith

Here's the opening scene of Fear the Walking Dead season five premiere episode. The new season kicks off Sunday, June 2nd.

7. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

8. ColiBreh1

Interesting that "The Magicians" is from the same woman, Sera Gamble, who took over as Showrunner of "Supernatural" after the creator, Eric Kripke, stepped down after the 5th season. She only lasted 2 seasons as Showrunner because fans HATED those 2 seasons & blamed her for the show falling off. I remember the 2 lead actors, Jensen Ackles & Jared Padalecki, taking mild shots at her in a red carpet interview after her 2 seasons.

Good for Sera Gamble having success with "The Magicians". I never hated those 2 seasons of "Supernatural" like the rest of the fanbase did, so I have no ill will towards her. Seeing as how "Supernatural" ended up running for 15 seasons, I bet those 2 seasons she was the showrunner don't seem so bad now.

Do you recommend the North American version of "Being Human"?

9. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I just got back from seeing the new Godzilla movie It was good, not great.

The monster action was really fun but the human characters were dumb, and the acting wasn't great, especially from the girl from Stranger Things. I did like how they threw in quite a few TOHO easter eggs like the Oxygen destroyer bomb, the weird Asian twins, and acknowledging that King Ghidorah is an alien (although I thought that would have been a bigger story point.) I was a little disappointed that Kong didn't make a cameo although they did reference him a few times, and the black scientist from Kong Skull Island makes an appearance. The only question I have is how in the world could Kong stand up against the Godzilla in this movie?

10. darkcurry

Never seen it. Seen promos, but not an episode.

11. SilverSmith

This is the new Terminator: Dark Fate TV spot that's airing during the NBA Finals.

[​IMG]

12. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I recommend being human

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Should have taken a page from Kong : Skull Island playbook. More focus on the monsters (especially the newer unnamed monsters) less on the overall human story to build up the feel of a "Monsterverse".

14. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Yeah, the lore of the monsters is a lot more interesting to me than the silly tacked on human plots they usually come up with in kaiju movies.

15. ColiBreh1

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...series-a-go-at-netflix-russo-brothers-1215120

16. SilverSmith

Amazon Prime Video today announced Carnival Row, the one-hour Amazon Original fantasy drama series from Legendary Television starring Orlando Bloom and Cara Delevingne, will premiere Friday, August 30, 2019. The first look at art from the series was also released today along with a teaser below.

[​IMG]

shorturl.at/dtN45

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

The overall plot wasn't any worse than most of the Toho helmed Godzilla movies but the Toho movies have no problem putting a large amount of focus on the monsters to equal out any of the human plot line they put in. Had they spent some time showing some of the other monsters rampaging after they were awakened and the military trying to deal with them as they do in the Toho flicks, it would have worked a whole lot better IMO.

18. SilverSmith

Apple today revealed the first For All Mankind trailer during the Apple Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) 2019 in San Jose, California. The drama series is coming this fall to Apple TV+.

19. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Interesting but if they can pretend that an alternate history of the space race would have ushered in female astronauts in the 1960/70's they could have at least expanded their imagination enough to throw in a black man or two. Although I don't know what I expected considering the producer of the show was a producer on the Battlestar Galactica reboot (a show notorious for sidelining black people)

20. darkcurry

Okay this has my attention. lol.