The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  2. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Haven't they announced Vision/Scarlet Witch and Falcon/Winter Soldier shows for that service? I guess I'm not sure if those are official yet.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Yeah, those shows plus a Loki one got announced.

I read somewhere that Disney + will have 4 different show tiers within : Disney related shows/movies, Star Wars related shows/movies, Marvel related shows/movies and National Geographic/ nature related shows/movies/documentaries.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  4. darkcurry

I either forgot or missed it. This is probably smart being as though Marvel will be getting bigger with new characters yet to be introduced. They have to start sending some of these stories to TV and/or Streaming.

5. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I'm actually into every one of those four categories. May have to reprioritize my streaming dollars.

6. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Yep. They'll get everybody's money one of four ways on the Marvel front. The comics, the movies, the live action shows & the animated shows. And that's not counting the various Marvel product merchandising or Disney theme park related shit

7. darkcurry

Nailed it.

8. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Aside from The Flash and Black Lightning (a show I expect to be canned next season), all of the CW's lineup of shows will be all female led after Supernatural finaly wraps next year.

Guys like seeing women doing superhero stuff. I just don't know if they'll want nothing but that, though. Behaviour wise, the male heroes they have left are already watered down. All girls, all the time, in what was formerly the boys' "fort" may back fire on them.

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

That's like saying soap operas fail because they are primarly aimed at women. Damn near all of these CW shows are aimed at young girls & women. Hell the majority of the "IR" shows that some of ya'll be ranting and raving about in that IR TV Show thread cater to a mostly female audience. Shit will do fine without the dinosaur dude bro set watching.

10. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I know there are a few Anime heads here, Y'all might be interested in the casting for the Netflix produced live-action Cowboy Bebop series.

John Cho as Spike Spiegel, Mustafa Shakir as Jet Black, Daniella Pineda as Faye Valentine and Alex Hassell as the villain Vicious. (No word on who is playing Ed)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. darkcurry

CW Been like that for awhile as well.

12. darkcurry

Mustafa Shakir has been getting some really good roles.

13. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I approve of this.

14. meowkittenmeow

I liked "The Silence" better than the "Quiet Place" one. I know the critics and audience are probably sick of it and will downplay it. But, I feel that it is a more well rounded film.

15. meowkittenmeow

I remember someone on here liked that show Z Nation. Well the prequel is on Netflix and it’s called Black Summer. Enjoy.

16. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Missed my point entirely. But, that may be my fault for not explaining my reasoning. I'm not thinking so much about the "dinosaur dude bro set(if that's even a thing)." My thoughts are on the actual target market; teens and young adults. Are there enough girls, who are into superhero/occult/scifi stuff, to sustain a whole network?

Sure, some shows will do fine with it. But, a whole network? Viewership is down on most of the CW. That timing seems to correspond with the pivot to more "girls first, center and always" story telling. Boys and young men generally want their heroes to be self possessed and capable of beating the bad guy without having to check with his girl. They're not checking for that kind of stuff. The CW is, in effect, halfing their core audience.

17. darkcurry

18. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

It's always been like that going back to the old WB Network (with plenty of exceptions though). The CW doing all these DC shows & non-DC genre shows (i.e. "The 100", "The Tomorrow People", & etc.) over the last half decade or so was a big pivot from that though.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  20. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

That's a good point. You remember Birds of Prey?