The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Freeform's Cloak & Dagger held a panel at the 2019 WonderCon on yesterday where they premiered the first episode of the second season. Below is the sneak peek.

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I prefer them to keep the dark shadowy special effects when he teleports it makes it looks cooler! :)

3. SilverSmith

I'm still streaming season one of Cloak and Dagger! I should finish just in time for the start of the new episodes. LOL

4. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

You make it sound like Batman cruises unemployment offices and food banks looking for victims to kneecap with a crowbar.

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

He goes after petty criminals who commit crimes of poverty. Want to do a real public service kill the damn Joker

6. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I laughed a little too hard at that. I get what he is trying to say though. Because in a way Bruce Wayne is apart of the problem of capitalism and as I pointed out before with the rest of these superheroes they don't go after the puppeteers just the puppets.

7. The Dark King

Exactly. They are the greatest agents for the status quo. For all you writers and artists here's a freebie, I would LOVE to see a hero hopefully a black male open a series with the rumor that he goes after cops but ending the episode or comic with literally throwing one through the front door of precinct zip tied saying he wants to make a citizens arrest of cop who has been going around raping black girls AND boys in the area. He's hacked his phone and hard drives and sent all evidence to both local media and the police themselves along with the names of other cops who may have been involved.

8. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I still like batman...

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Let me get mad at Bruce Wayne because he won't play white Jesus to negroes.

10. meowkittenmeow

I mean, Batman is one of my favorite characters. I get the whole, “rich guy beating up broke criminals”, and I find it amusing how they try to write around that. But, the character is fun, and flawed. He did stop gentrification in various iterations, so there is that. But, I will admit, that SNL skit cracks me up.

11. The Dark King

I don't think anyone wants him to be white Jesus but it is fun to see why see him as hero. Deconstruct what that actually means for example to me the best example of a hero in DC are members of the Green Lantern Corp.
    Members swear to protect the universe from interplanetary threats, they don't go around stopping petty crimes. Also what I really like is that they are vulnerable and even a little flawed. Which is why Superman and to even a lesser extent The Flash kind of suck as characters because they are so over powered to the point all threats to them are laughable.

12. SilverSmith

Agents of SHIELD Season 6 WonderCon sneak peek:

13. SilverSmith

AMC has released the first trailer for its upcoming adaptation of Joe Hill’s horror novel, NOS4A2. The network also announced that the series will premiere alongside the next season of Fear the Walking Dead on June 2nd, 2019.

14. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

15. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The good thing about sci-fi and comic book worlds is that they can recast the character and easily come up with a story that explains why she looks different.

That exact scenario happened on the last season of Star Trek DS9, and it worked out ok.

16. meowkittenmeow

I agree. Her character was the worst thing to happen to the show.

*city/world is about to be destroyed and only Oliver queen can save it...

Felicity: It just feels like I’m not a priority in your life right now, and Although I knew the dangers of you being green arrow when I married you, I thought I would be magically immune to it, I want a divorce!!!

It was damn near every season after they got together. Her character should have just stayed in the awkward tech role, while Oliver had edgy and dark love interests.

17. meowkittenmeow

Well, it only has a 10 episode final season, so I suppose she can be killed off.

18. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, They can't kill Felicity off unless they plan to do a ridiculous show-breaking retcon job. In the current season 7, she's pregnant with Blackstar and they've already introduced Felicity in Flashforward scenes when Blackstar is a young adult.

19. meowkittenmeow

I see. That’s unfortunate. Having served numerous tours in combat, I can say beyond a shadow of doubt that women like felicity exist. I hate that character, and putting so much focus on her ruined the show. It was a better show when it was still dark and it was mainly Oliver and John with Caity Lotz as the black Canary.

20. SilverSmith

The Fear the Walking Dead Season 5 trailer. The fifth season will premiere on Sunday, June 2.