The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Word? Well I agree there were a couple of episodes that were good. I especially like the humans who hate aliens angle. Its perfectly logical. No one is going to cheer as their jobs are being taken away and their property is being destroyed. I'm surprised more people don't resent hero types aside from probable jealousy them coming here brings destruction with them. Trying to make up for it after the fact doesn't mean anything.

2. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Manc black and liberty are the best things that happened to that show. I also miss the guardian/tech sidekick thing they had going for a bit. I think they ended it because it was the most entertaining thing on there for a while.

3. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

A new Avengers: Endgame featurette is online spotlighting the cast and Marvel Studios’ Kevin Feige discussing the April premiere.

4. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  5. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

6. meowkittenmeow

Excluding a white dude isn't going to somehow negatively impact hollywood. It could positively impact as many different People of Color he chooses to use. But, one creator excluding white guys isn't going to destroy hollywood any time soon.

7. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

You don't actually think the haters are going to think about this logically do you? LOL

8. meowkittenmeow

I was speaking generally, I am aware the haters will hate. So, to clarify, I agree with you. Just added my two cents as well.

9. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

10. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Yeah I get it. Glad we're agreed. :cool:

11. ColiBreh1

LOL, so I got called a coon elsewhere by multiple people just because I don't think Jordan Peele should say this publicly. Niggas have no tact. They can't see that if a white male director said the same thing publicly about not casting BM (or men of color) as the lead in his movies it would be a controversy & the Director would have to come out and apologize, so it's not a good look either for a black male director to publicly say what Jordan Peele said.

12. ColiBreh1

Been watching season 1 of HBO's "Rome" for the last week. The casting for this show is dated. When I say dated, the females on this show are washed AF compared to all of the 2010's historical drama shows I've watched. All of the 2010's historical drama shows I've seen starting with Showtime's "The Tudors", go out of their way to to cast attractive women in the female roles. "Rome" doesn't & it really stands out to me.

13. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I just thought about this. I think if he is specific to only white men he just might get heat from black women if he casts another white woman in the lead of his movies, because something tells me they won't think about it logically.

14. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Yes, but it's not going to hurt any white man getting more lead roles than anybody else. Apple TV's new line up of shows I noticed were lacking in black male leading roles. I think as long as the world continues to be this one-sided like this you're going to get people who idea of diversity is to take what they can't have. They let their minds lead with anger when in their heart they want diversity for all including those "white dudes". lol. Anger gets the best of people.

15. SilverSmith

A new extended trailer from CBS All Access highlights scenes from two episodes of its Twilight Zone reboot.

16. SilverSmith

Want another new TV spot for Godzilla: King of the Monsters? Of course you do.

17. meowkittenmeow

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

CBS Films and Lionsgate have released the Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark teaser.

Synopsis:

It’s 1968 in America. Change is blowing in the wind… but seemingly far removed from the unrest in the cities is the small town of Mill Valley where for generations, the shadow of the Bellows family has loomed large. It is in their mansion on the edge of town that Sarah, a young girl with horrible secrets, turned her tortured life into a series of scary stories, written in a book that has transcended time—stories that have a way of becoming all too real for a group of teenagers who discover Sarah’s terrifying home.

19. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

This is a formal apology for the grammar mistype in the above post. I can't believe used the wrong to/too! Lol

20. SilverSmith

"The 100" - Season 6 Extended Trailer, courtesy of The CW