The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

2. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Terrible! I'am very interested in what they didn't like with season 3 scripts. But something tells me this have to do with it going to Disney streaming services.

If Jessica Jones is next. Netflix better hope they have something to make up for these big losses.

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Personally I'm happy about Luke Cage. The way they portrayed Jamaicans was bullshit and I'm happy to see it go.

5. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Did y'all see the big semi-reveal at the end of last week's series premiere of "All American" coming or did it surprise y'all like it did me?

I'm watching this week's episode right now. Based on the big semi-reveal that was alluded to in the premiere, I need the show to STOP shipping the lead character & Coach Taye Diggs' daughter. I'm tired of seeing incest on TV.

Also was it really necessary for this show to be shot and/or air in 2.35:1 widescreen instead of 16:9 widescreen? 2.35:1 widescreen only needs to be used in movies (& I guess music videos), no need for it on TV shows.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  6. ColiBreh1

This is what Bleeding Cool is reporting:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/10/19/netflix-and-marvel-cancel-luke-cage/

7. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Always a party pooper in every crowd

You should be happy your island was repped

Bushmastah dem killin' it!

8. The Dark King

Foh. Most of those actors weren't even Jamaican and didn't even have the decency to get a dialect coach to get the accent right. With the exception of the scenes shot in Jamaica no Jamaican I've ever come across talks that way and since living in BK and being a New Yorker my entire life American born blacks don't speak that way to Jamaicans it sounds ridiculous. Its like no one on that writing crew never met or spoke to a Jamaican or a New Yorker. I'd prefer no representation over a minstrel show

9. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Going to miss Luke Cage. They did a nice job breathing new life into an outdated character. I think the story about script issues being a problem is B.S.. Netflix has always been very hands off creatively. They've traditionally been happy letting the talent do what they do. This excuse would be a out of character for them. That's why I'm not buying it.

Jessica Jones isn't going anywhere, yet. She fits the agenda. Plus, I believe she's already been greenlit. But, if I'm wrong and they can her, I'm guessing that's Netflix's way of clearing house Disney wise. At that point, I wouldn't think Daredevil would get a 4th season.

10. RicardoCooper

Whatever it was the shit lol

11. The Dark King

Bite me. Actually hope you enjoy them reruns cause that horseshit was CANCELLED lol

12. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Canceling Iron Fist and Luke Cage to make room for Daughters of the Dragon doesn't seem like the smartest business plan to me. Replacing a B-List hero (Cage) and a C-List hero (Iron Fist) with two D-List characters is an odd choice.

13. RicardoCooper

It does however fit The Agenda

14. The Dark King

I definitely won't be watching. Another flop waiting to happen

15. darkcurry

The only reason why I'm not buying that Netflix is going to do Daughters Of The Dragon and Heroes-For-Hire spin-offs is because they CANCELLED these shows with no lead in into those spin-offs. I believe they will be revised on Disney which means JJ could be next. I won't be surprise if they announce later this year or before the premiere of the 3rd season of Jessica Jones that it will be the last season on netflix. If that happens then it is clear these shows are going to Disney's Streaming Services.

16. ColiBreh1

Disney already announced earlier this year they won't be airing any R-rated or Mature content on their streaming service: https://screenrant.com/disney-streaming-service-movies-r-rated/

So unless Disney decides to change their mind on that stance, I don't see Disney picking-up any of the Netflix Marvel shows.

17. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Well, Netflix Marvel shows aren't really R-rated, I'd say they are more like PG-13, because they don't show explicit nudity and they don't use the F-word (much).

Also if Heroes For Hire did move over to Disney's service it could easily be retooled to be a more "comic book" show.

18. darkcurry

Then I guess MARVEL movies won't be on there or they will edit out the curse words and killing scenes?

I wasn't aware of this news so now things get tricky.

19. ColiBreh1

Even if Disney does retool the Netflix Marvel shows to be rated TV-14 instead of TV-MA, what is Disney gonna do with the previous seasons of those show? The previous seasons don't fit in with Disney's streaming service's no R-rated or TV-MA content.

If Disney won't bend that stance, it just make more sense to do new marvel shows that are rated TV-14.

20. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

This going to sound weird, but Marvel could follow the example set by Fuller House on Netflix. It's a show dependant upon the nostalgia from the 80s/90s sitcom, but the original show isn't even on Netflix.

So Heroes For Hire could still work with the same actors and the same MCU continuity without having to be on the same platform. Netflix never removes any of their exclusive shows even after they cancel them, so fans can still go back to Netflix to watch the first two seasons of Luke Cage and Iron Fist anytime they want.