The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I hope they do this.

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

From a (real) fan perspective I understand being that creative, which is why I think that such a show could work... later on not anytime soon. You have to look at it from a money perspective as well with these shows bringing in money we know producers always follow the dollar signs. And lastly ending early more so Luke and Jessica that early at season 3 will ruffer some feathers remember these solo series brought in the pro-black crowd and the feminist crowd which as we can see is at an all time high in real life. Can almost bet some of them will not be tuning into a Group series so that's a lost in those viewers. If you are watching and paying attention to Cloak and Dagger some of these people who call themselves #TeamEvita we're upset that Tyrone called Tandy on the phone and started flirting with each other last episode. You have to tone it down when you attract crowds that would be uneasy with diversity, interracial and strong male leads especially strong straight black male leads.

3. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Some of ya'll put way too much focus and effort on naysayers and detractors rather than focus and effort in being part of the force for change you want to bring about.

4. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting!

I'm sooooo looking forward to this season!

My 8 year old psyche just squealed. LOL

5. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Really? I really liked it.

6. darkcurry

I'm just aware and observant of the naysayers and detractors. I'm fully on the force for change more than most. (That's why I always make suggestions to attract a diverse crowd.) But in order to be on that force you have to be skilled in the technique and aware of your surroundings. Or you'll be a deer caught in the headlights.

7. darkcurry

But don't get me wrong Cloak and Dagger has that racially diverse atmosphere and strong black male lead and strong female characters, they don't attract a lot of those SJW's. I just made mention of them that they are trying to show up. lol. They're are doing it right in my opinion. JJ has always been there on the racially diverse atmosphere front. Luke has the strong black male lead front. Ironfist maybe the show to attract that diverse crowd and let Heroes For Hire grow into what C&D has. lol. But again we are still not even sure if that is what they want so it's all guessing anyway.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  8. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I'd rather the CW just picks up "Gotham".

@The Dark King

9. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

So another 3rd tier character huh? Wake me when they stop beating around the bush and make an actual Batman or Superman series.

10. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Luke had also been trained by Obi_wan however briefly. And now we know from the prequels that he had a lot of his dad in him, and Anakin was a pilot since he was 10 years old, and a prodigy with The Force. Rey just jumped in the Millennium Falcon and started flying around as good as Solo, does Jedi mind tricks with no training, and holds her own against Kylo Ren who's supposed to be the neo-Vader despite the fact she never held a lightsaber before. Bullshit all around

12. RicardoCooper

In the SJW scramble to gender and race-flip characters Doctor Who makes the most sense since he/she can regenerate as anybody

13. RicardoCooper

HELL TO THE YES

14. RicardoCooper

Preach. DC is all over the place right now, smells like panic

15. darkcurry

That's just wrong! lol.

16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

And if Netflix doesn't officially have Luke & Jessica become a couple, what is the IR Extinction Level Event that we have to worry about? What exactly would these "SJWs" have accomplished in the grand scheme of things??

Any "IR War" that we as Black men may be fighting with society is already lost if we are relying on mostly White owned/controlled media as tools/weapons to "normalize" BM/WW relationships for the rest of society. Only tools/weapons we should be relying on for that particular task is ourselves.

17. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Yup that Mary sue shit is insulting. They pander to lazy ass writing

18. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Gotta wonder why everywhere else is so damn different.

19. darkcurry

Agreed. That's why I stay aware of white owned controlled media and don't forget what they are about.

20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member