The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

God awful! LOL

2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

He was supposedly there for weeks

4. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a crash course compared to the years-long youngling boot camp the Jedi ran most of the time. LOL

In other news, I saw Ant-Man and the Wasp last night. Loved it. Michael Peña killed it.

5. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

6. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Just watched "A Quiet Place." Totally overrated film. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad film. It's just not near as good as it's rumored to be. It was just ... okay.

7. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Agreed

8. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Yeah sometimes critics get it wrong and are able to steer an audience one way.
    Did you check out They Remain with the brotha from NBC's The Good Place? That is the best horror movie I seen this year. I mentioned it in the IR in Movies thread although the IR isn't all that special, but the flick is pretty good.
    [​IMG]

9. darkcurry

Finished watching Luke Cage last friday and thought about something with the Iron Fist guest star that others thought about:

With them even going with Danny being on on Luke Cage, the rumors of Luke appearing on Iron Fist, Misty Knight having issues with the police station and with Mariah dead and new players entering the game along with Luke Cage being the owner of that Night Club trying to fight crime from a place of power could we possibly get them starting Heroes For Hire. And if so that means more than likely we could see She-Hulk being as though she is the lawyer for Heroes For Hire and rumors of Rosario Dawson leaving Luke Cage that the last episode pretty much confirmed where she wasn't even present but her name was mentioned when Luke told his bouncer to tell Claire to go home.

I didn't think that would be possible, but if Luke is on Iron Fist then I think it would be even more possible.

10. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

There will be some form of Heroes for Hire. She-Hulk isn't showing up in any way shape or form. Hogarth will be the lawyer for the team if need be since in the original Power Man & Iron Fist series Hogarth (the male version) was their lawyer. Never mind that Foggy Nelson now works for Hogarth so they could make him their lawyer as well.

Claire eventually going away was no surprise. It happening this early on is however. Only people who thought Claire would be a permanent fixture in Luke Cage are the ones who are ignorant to the fact that Luke & Jessica eventually become a couple.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

12. darkcurry

After thinking about it for awhile I do not believe they are going with a Luke and Jessica relationship (at least not anytime soon.) and as I note before that would be difficult for them to manage (chemistry-wise) with them being on two different shows. The MCU version of Hogarth is totally different as are most characters, remember Jennifer Walters is a lawyer for the superhuman law division and she was introduced as JERYN Hogarth's partner, that could very well play out as her being JERI Hogarth's partner in the MCU. She has connections to nearly every group on both the legal and fighting front. I could see them writing it with people already knowing about them and their abilities if they do go with Heroes for hire, is just like with Avengers they could start to get into some legal trouble doing some of their vigilante work in which Luke Cage seems to be on the path doing moving forward. That could introduce the superhuman law division into the MCU http://superheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Goodman,_Lieber,_Kurtzberg_&_Holliway

Since they do not cross movie characters over with TV characters you can't look at it from even 90% of the comics. MCU is a different Universe. That leads them to writing things differently and the way I described her introduction could work.

13. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The MCU has done a pretty good job (so far) of recreating the love interests of the comic characters into live-action, It would be kind of strange if Netflix doesn't get Luke Cage and Jessica Jones together. After all, they are the modern Marvel comics super-couple. Also, Jessica's 'damaged girl' routine is wearing kind of thin and Luke's going to need another woman in his life who understands him (now that Rosario Dawson's Claire is not coming back)

The ironic truth about the Netflix shows is that even though they are series, they are kind of slow on the character growth. It would be good for Luke and Jessica for their characters to move on to the next step of becoming a heroic couple and eventually heroic parents.

14. darkcurry

That's what I was like in the beginning, but I don't know. How would you do that with the relationship being stable and with chemistry between two characters on two VERY different shows? Especially with how black they are making Luke Cage they are pretty much inviting racism against a Luke and Jessica love story. I can't even see her on his show she would be so out of place. lol.

But what do you guys think would happen if they surprise me and do lead that way, how would that work with audiences?

15. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Another thing the MCU has done very well is integrating different tones together, Black Panthers serious and political story exists in the same world as Thor Ragnarok's quasi-comedy. Also when you break it down to their cores Luke Cage and Jessica Jones really aren't that different. They are both about lone and jaded heroes fighting for their ideals while representing their racial identity (Luke) or female empowerment (Jessica). The one thing that could quell audience backlash is the fact that Luke Cage was introduced into the MCU as the IR love interests of Jessica Jones, so it wouldn't exactly come as a surprise.

The Defenders series for all it's faults managed to give us a Luke Cage who maintained his Black cool even when working alongside three white heroes. I think a Luke Cage/Jessica Jones series could easily give us a balance of both worlds, also it would be kind of interesting for a superhero series to portray the bullshit IR couples go through.

16. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Hot off the press, nerds.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  17. SilverSmith

BBC has released a new teaser video for its upcoming season of Doctor Who, in which Jodie Whittaker will portray the new Doctor.

18. darkcurry

A series like that will (if it happens) most likely take place after both shows come to an end and who knows when that will be.

19. SilverSmith

A little somethin' somethin' headed our way.

[​IMG]

20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

It's Netflix. Not standard network. They can easily say Seasons Three of both Jessica Jones & Luke Cage (and the second season for Iron Fist) are the last solo story runs for those characters and fold them and their supporting casts into a Heroes for Hire series. Between the character crossover and relationship set ups from Jessica Jones Season 1, the Defenders and the recent Luke Cage season, they could do it. They don't have to drag out solo series for those three characters, especially if there aren't that many solo stories to tell, just continue character develop in a combined series.