The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

No Spoilers:

I really liked Infinity War

The Russo Bros should direct every large cast movie, somehow they manage to give nearly every character significant screen time.

The ending.....................:eek::(:D

2. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Same here the trailer is very misleading. I was expecting Thanos to show up and tear up the entire team. I was also expecting the children of Thanos to be more powerful but w/e
    Doesn't help that Dr. Strange has a plan.....

3. archangel

The ending left my thirst unquenched but still satisfying to see them taking that part out of the comic

4. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Now you know why it was originally called Avengers: Infinity War Part 1

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I'm also tired of this thing where heroes put personal emotion before the mission. So over that shit its so tired and makes no sense.

6. archangel

Yea but that guy was not ever seen as a logical person.He is the kind of person that would do that. Majority of the team did put their plans ahead of emotion. anyhow all part of Dr Strange's plan.

7. archangel

[​IMG]

I suspect adam warlock may appear. I mean the ending went far....

8. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Warlock's not showing up before GOTG Vol. 3. They already gave clues to how things will be resolved based on what has taken place so far in this movie & how certain things played out in certain comic stories.

9. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

**Mild Spoilers**

Captain Marvel is probably going to be the only new big name character we see in Avengers 4. Although since Thanos probably decimated the Nova Corp when he took the power stone, there is a chance we see a super-powered Nova Prime come looking for vengeance against the Mad Titan.

Also consider that Marvel has said that the MCU is going to be focused in space for a lot of Phase 4 and beyond, Avengers 4 would be a perfect launchpad to introduce cosmic heroes.

10. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Yeah, Captain Marvel is going to be the new "soldier out of time" ala Captain America in the post Infinity War MCU. Black Panther will be the new "futurist" ala Stark and Spider-Man will be "the warrior proving his worth" ala Thor making up the new Big 3 for the MCU. Or at least that's how I'm seeing it shake out.

Introducing a lot more cosmic spaces & other dimensions in the next Phase works, especially if they do decide to bring in the Fantastic Four. I can see a properly done Galactus being the next big level threat that eventually brings all the new status quo characters together in one movie.

11. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Is just me or did "Pacific Rim 2" came & went? I don't remember anybody talking about it after it came out. So i'm guess the movie wasn't any good.

12. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Lol. My girlfriend was cracking up at that line, Starks reaction to it didn't help she and other women just kept on laughing. lol.

13. darkcurry

I loved Infinity War. I don't get why Cap didn't go and how the hell is Tony still alive after that gut check by Thanos. Damn. Like Killmonger and Ultron Thanos was right about the way things are, just tough and harsh as hell about the way things should be. But he did say to Gamora it cost him everything. Great movie, more than a action sci-fi film. One of the very few gripes I have with the film was how they kind of de-powered Proxima Midnight's spear.

Gamora's death, T'challa's death(a group of white women in our theatre aud. was REALLY upset about that), Spider-man's death got me big sympathy. What about you guys?

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

My Take :

I liked it. Always a good thing when they don't do straight fan service and give the fans what they think they want or expect. They have a story to tell, so tell it. Use the comic source material as inspiration for the movies rather than telling the exact same stories already in print.

I think they are going to let both Cap & Stark (along with Thor) "retire" from active superheroics after they kiss and make up as both realize they had equally valid standpoints about the accords as well as responsibility for the disassembling of the Avengers. They'll be off the active board, but still around going forward. Them possibly showing up in future movies would be mini-events for the most part.

Stark obviously is part of the key to defeating Thanos and restoring things that Dr. Strange saw through the Time Stone, which is why he didn't bite it. Gamora (the spirit version at least) and Nebula will probably be keys to beating Thanos as well. Whatever the outcome, it will be a whole new MCU status quo after Avengers 4.

15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

From what I've heard, the plot line was basically dumb down to appeal to a wider audience and had holes in it, so a lot of people who actually liked the first movie didn't like this one.

16. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I thought it was really good. But not great. The emotional beats just didn't hit hard enough for me.

17. darkcurry

Surprisingly I haven't seen too many people freak out. But I think it's coming. lol.

18. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I've been waiting around for this generation's "Star Wars" and it just dawned on me; the Marvel Cinematic Universe is exactly that.

Back in the day, I thought it was going to be The Matrix trilogy, but those films got progressively worse. Now, with A:IW, coupled with Star Wars' stalenss, I really feel the MCU has taken the banner from it's corporate cousin and ran with it.

Thoughts?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

The only people that will freak out are those who want a predictable formulaic movie experience. The reason the MCU movies have been hitting like they have is they aren't doing things in the standard movie making fashion like everyone else. Warner Brothers, Sony and Fox aren't having the same level of success with comic book movies largely because they still follow the dictates of the studio bigwigs rather than allowing the actual producers & directors of the projects have a direct hand in crafting the characters and universe they live in.

20. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

In the theater I went to, a cute little black girl started crying when the credits rolled after all the deaths, her mother was trying her best to comfort her. You know what? I can't lie Spiderman pleading for his life kind of got to me a little bit too.

The movie should have been called Thanos Vs The Avengers, it was his movie and everybody else was just along for the ride.

The MCU has had a run of great villains in the last 4 movies ( Vulture, Hela, Killmonger, and Thanos)

The fact that cash cows like Black Panther and Spiderman got vaporized kind of lessened the impact because nobody for a second thinks they are going to stay dead, although Loki, Heimdal, and Gamora might not be so fortunate. (Another Idris Elba dead character, if he isn't careful he might become the black Sean Bean)

It's so obvious that Dr. Strange has a plan, I kind of thought that the post credit scene was going to tease what his plan is.

I kind of think that Hulk getting humbled by Thanos is setting up a scenario where something happens to Black Widow in Avengers 4 and it gets Hulk so angry that he powers up to World Breaker level and turns the tables on Thanos.

It's weird that seeing a villain "win" feels kind of satisfying.

I know they didn't have time for it but I wanted to see heroes reacting to a "talking raccoon" or better yet now that rocket is on earth I wanted to see him react to seeing an actual raccoon.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018