The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

So basically just doing what toxic masculinity has done(and still do.) to female characters in the past? I said this before but THESE feminist don't want equality they want dominance and when someone wants dominance they want those they want to dominate to be less than them so yeah, they don't want equality. No matter how many times they say it, they will show you the opposite.

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I'm glad it didn't happen thank God

3. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Absolutely. The portrayal of "strong" women comes at the expense of "strong" men. I don't appreciate sci-fi/superhero stuff that traditionally women never even liked being the vehicle for feminist/lesbian agitprop. See again: Star Trek Discovery and Lost in Space to a certain degree

4. RicardoCooper

The SFX weren't there yet in the 90s. Plus that was the era when they would just rip apart the comics and change everything for the movies for no reason

5. darkcurry

6. darkcurry

7. RicardoCooper

8. The Dark King

Exactly. Wesley was great as Blade. One superhero per actor we don't need more than that.

9. The Dark King

Not anything X Men related like Gifted

10. RicardoCooper

Yeah but @darkcurry spoke like it was some doubt that Cloak and Dagger would be part of the MCU. They're not X-Men/Fox-related

11. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I like the J.J. Abrams-produced "Star Trek" films, but I've never seen any of the "Star Trek" TV shows or previous films. Did they really push a LGBT agenda on the new "Star Trek" show?

12. RicardoCooper

OMG did they. First man-on-man kiss on a Trek show, 'nuff said. And not a little peck, either

13. RicardoCooper

Hahaha tell that to Chris Evans (Human Torch/Cap), Ryan Reynolds (Green Lantern/Deadpool). At least Michael B Jordan went from hero (Human Torch) to villain (Killmonger), while Josh Brolin went from villain (Thanos) to hero (Cable)

14. darkcurry

No I meant or what people are saying are Cloak and Dagger are like in the same Timeline as SHIELD or Runaways. In other words they are asking how likely are we to get a crossover.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  15. The Dark King

I say let them. I won't lose sleep over it. If the show is trash trying out gimmicks won't save it.

16. The Dark King

Notice they were all only good at one role. Damn you forget how many chances Hollywood gives white guys.

17. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

This is a reported leaked image from the CW Titans TV show. I'm kind of hoping this is fake or taken out of context because it doesn't look good.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

19. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The craziest thing about this is that Netflix almost went out of business just 7 years ago.

20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Adult Swim to air MY HERO ACADEMIA On Toonami Block Starting May 5th.

Earlier today the official facebook page for Adult Swim's Toonami block made the announcement that it will be airing all three seasons of My Hero Academia this year. Toonami will premiere the first episode on May 5th at 11:30 pm.

The third season of the series is currently airing in Japan and simulcasts in America on Hulu, Crunchyroll and Funimation streaming platforms within 24 hrs of Japanese airing. Hulu & Crunchyroll air subtitled episodes while Funimation has both English subtitled and dubbed option episodes.