The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

power rangers is america's version of super sentai. Super sentai shows started in the late 1970s and Voltron came out in the mid 1980s.

2. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I love Voltron. The five lions will always be my favorite. I haven't seen the third installment with the three robots. I guess that show didn't make it to America.

3. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

LOL. Come on.

His laser vision can manifest uncontrolled and rip through tiles and concrete in a bathroom but not blow a hole through a stall door and kill a bully??:smt102

I swear these movie producers are literally going through these old comic book issues of the X-Men and using them as story boards.

If I was 14 years old I would be losing my mind with all these blockbuster comic book movies.

4. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

The Flash vs. Quicksilver (DC vs Marvel)

THE FLASH VS. QUICKSILVER DEATH BATTLE -- CLICK HERE FOR THE VIDEO

The fight isn't uploaded on YouTube yet, but you can check the video out on the actual site. The fight is pretty one-sided and I knew this was going to happen like this. Heh, I should return posting the other fights.

[​IMG]

5. Morning Star

Previous DEATH BATTLE fights.

Dante vs. Bayonetta

[YOUTUBE]sFi_RzsKajA[/YOUTUBE]

Bowser vs. Ganon

[YOUTUBE]jAAZsWnFve0[/YOUTUBE]

Ratchet & Clank vs. Jak & Daxter

[YOUTUBE]jKoeSRhF1nc[/YOUTUBE]​

6. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Here's a live action one. Pretty sweet for being fan made.

[YOUTUBE]VwcQY-d0I_g[/YOUTUBE]

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

New DC FILMS Division at WARNER BROS. Led By GEOFF JOHNS & JON BERG

[​IMG]

Warner Bros. has reorganized its DC-based films under a new 'DC Films' banner led by Geoff Johns and Jon Berg, according to The Hollywood Reporter. As part of this, the duo have been added as producers on the upcoming Justice League movies.

Described as "an attempt to course-correct Warners' comic book movies," this is an evolution of Johns' role in fostering DC's television projects and Berg's role as a one of several producers on the recent and upcoming DC films, but also acting as a 'conduit' to Ben Affleck, whose role has grown tremendously from at first being just the Batman actor to becoming a director of the upcoming solo film and producer of the Justice League movies.

The Hollywood trade says this movie is part of "a broader refinement of executive roles" at Warner Bros., with the studio switching to separate "genre streams" groupings. In addition to the DC Films umbrella, Courtenay Valenti is said to oversee both the Lego and Harry Potter film franchises, while Jesse Ehrman will focus on comedy/family and Niija Kuykendall on sci-fi/action. THR gos on to say that further changes are to be expected, including "a potential hire at the senior level."

Johns is said to be continuing as DC Entertainment's Chief Executive Officer, and will continue to report to DC Entertainment president Diane Nelson. Berg will report to Warner Bros.'s President of Creative Development and Worldwide Production, Greg Silverman.

8. Morning Star

I saw that one and it was really sweet to watch. But, I generally stick to the Death Battle ones since they seem to show off a bit more of their best feats and skills, all based on research and such.

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

An X-Men inspired fan film :

[YOUTUBE]D_W-PBfO57o[/YOUTUBE]

10. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Not bad

11. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

In The Latest Marvel Movie News

After initially passing on the role, The Hollywood Reporter reports that Michael Keaton (Batman, Beetlejuice, The Other Guys) is back in final talks to play the villain in Marvel and Sony's solo Spidey reboot, Spider-Man: Homecoming. Apparently the studios approached several other actors before ultimately returning to Keaton - presumably with a better offer.

There's still no official word on the character he'd portray, but The Vulture is strongly rumored.

Marvel also officially announced the cast of their November 2017 release Thor: Ragnarok. The upcoming feature will see Chris Hemsworth return to the titular role for the fifth time overall, but this time around, he'll have his work cut out for him when a powerful new villain surfaces.

Who is this villain? It's the Asgardian Goddess of Death, Hela, and she'll be played by two-time Academy Award-winner Cate Blanchett (The Lord of the Rings). Fellow newcomers joining Blanchett are Jeff Goldblum (Jurassic Park) as the eccentric Grandmaster, Tessa Thompson (Creed) as the classic heroine Valkyrie (and Thor's possible new love interest), and Karl Urban (Star Trek Beyond) as Skurge a.k.a. The Executioner. Hemsworth's fellow Avengers co-star and three-time Academy Award-nominee Mark Ruffalo has also been confirmed to reprise his role as Bruce Banner/The Hulk.

Returning faces from the previous installments include Tom Hiddleston as Loki, Idris Elba as Heimdall, and Sir Anthony Hopkins as Odin. According to THR, Jaimie Alexander will not reprise her role as Lady Sif due to scheduling conflicts with her hit NBC show Blindspot, although that's subject to change. No word yet on the Warriors Three, played by Zachary Levi, Tadanobu Asano, and Ray Stevenson.

[​IMG]

12. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[youtube]/xXpPweAooeE[/youtube]

CBS has released a teaser for its new Star Trek series, which will premiere in 2017.

The new series will have a title to differentiate it from the other Star Trek series, according to Variety, and feature "New crews. New villains. New heroes. New worlds."

CBS has released a teaser for its new Star Trek series, which will premiere in 2017.

The new series will have a title to differentiate it from the other Star Trek series, according to Variety, and feature "New crews. New villains. New heroes. New worlds."

13. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

so glad to see it but I hope it isn't another enterprise. Enterprise grew on me but it just wasn't next generation or voyager. I would love to see something like voyager again

14. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Star Trek Deep Space Nine was interesting because of the setting, a lonely outpost at the edge of a wormhole. Interesting characters like Captain Benjamin Sisco(whom military experts say was the most realistic of all the Starfleet captains).

I liked only three things about Enterprise;
    1. Jolene Blalock, the sexiest Vulcan ever.
    2. The song Faith Of The Heart sung by Russell Watson. Rod Stewart sung it, also.
    3. Porthos. I am a dog lover and I'm thinking about getting a Beagle.

Last edited: May 22, 2016
  15. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

16. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

This made me laugh since we're talking about fictional characters.:smt037

17. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I saw the show called The Captains on Epix Drive-In. It was a study and comparison of all the Starfleet captains from the Star Trek franchise. Captain Kirk got high marks for the women he got on every episode. Fiction can be built upon fact. It was said that Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry was once a cop patrolling the rough streets in Los Angeles after that he was a flight engineer on an airliner.

It's not a surprise that military people were watching Star Trek.

The C.I.A. watched episodes of Mission:Impossible(also a show under Desilu Productions) when it was on to study them.

18. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

Could be interesting, I hope they don't turn the bird's of prey into some retrofitted Charlie's angels.

19. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

If the protagonist is a woman in an action piece, expect action similar to or inspired by the Charlie's Angels films, which, in and of themselves, were inspired by anime heroines.

20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Captain America : Supervillain?

[​IMG]

Sure, he wears red white and blue on the outside, but on the inside? It turns out Steve Rogers, a.k.a. Captain America, supports the evil, former Nazi organization, Hydra.

Marvel comics introduced the shocking twist Wednesday morning when Captain America: Steve Rogers #1 went on sale — and it turns out there have been hints that this was coming for a long time. TIME spoke with Marvel executive editor Tom Brevoort about the decision, the clues and why Hydra’s rhetoric sounds an awful lot like that of a certain presidential candidate.

TIME: How did Marvel decide to make Steve Rogers a secret Hydra operative?

Tom Brevoort: Nick Spencer, who is the writer of the series, pitched us the story as part and parcel of restoring Steve to his youth and vigor. In the comics, he’s been old for awhile. The super soldier serum that was keeping him young had been broken down, so for the 75th anniversary, Nick had this notion that we were going to restore him. But then we went into this other story about Hydra, and this is only the tip of the iceberg.

If readers go back and look at older comics, will this hold up?

It will. Issue 2 kind of winds the clock back a little bit and lays out exactly how and why things are the way they are. And it lays out a roadmap for where things are headed in the future. At this point, I don’t want to say too much definitively because I want people to read the comic books. But people will be able to connect the dots and follow the trail of breadcrumbs.

How long has this been in the works?

Almost since the beginning of when Nick started writing the Captain America titles, which would have been the end of 2014. So right around there the conversations first started about this. It’s been in the works for more than a year.

What does this mean for the Marvel Universe?

It means on the most fundamental level that the most trusted hero in the Marvel universe is now secretly a deep-cover Hydra operative, a fact that’s really only known to the readers and to him. That makes every interaction he has with anyone take on a second layer, a second meaning.

In the comic the Red Skull of Hydra talks about “criminal trespassers” who “make a mockery” of America’s borders and calls the refugees in Germany an “invading army” bringing “fanatical beliefs and crime” to Europe. Obviously, this hate speech is nothing new for the organization, but it sounds like rhetoric we’ve been hearing this election. Is that purposeful?

We try to write comics in 2016 that are about the world and the zeitgeist of 2016, particularly in Captain America. Nick Spencer, the writer, is very politically active. He’s a Capitol Hill head and following this election very closely. So we can talk about political issues in a metaphoric way. That’s what gives our stories weight and meat to them. Any parallels you have seen to situations real or imagined, living or dead, is probably intentional but metaphorically not literally.

What are we supposed to think about the fact that someone literally named Captain America now supports these beliefs?

Again, I don’t want to say anything too definitively because we’re laying out the story. But we want to push that button. There should be a feeling of horror or unsettledness at the idea that somebody like this can secretly be part of this organization. There are perfectly normal people in the world who you would interact with on a professional level or personal level, and they seem like the salt of the earth but then it turns out they have some horrible secret — whether it’s that they don’t like a certain group of people or have bodies buried in their basement.

You should feel uneasy about the fact that everything you know and love about Steve Rogers can be upended.

To ask the blunt question, is this a gimmick?

Every single month whether it’s a run of the mill month for Captain America or an extraordinary month, our job is to put him in situations that place that character under some degree of pressure and see how he reacts to that. And hopefully our readers are surprised, shocked, elated, see something of themselves, learn something about themselves. To say it’s a gimmick implies that it’s done heedlessly just to shock. The proof is always going to be in the execution. So you’ll have to read the rest of the story to see.

But I certainly believe it’s not a gimmick. It’s a story that we spent a long time on, that’s compelling and captures the zeitgeist of the world. It will make readers wonder how the heck we’ll get out of this.